PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Coca-Cola

TheGlassesGirl
09-04-2010, 09:49 PM
This tastes like liquid heaven, guys. :eek:

If you don't know why Mexican Coke is special, it's because it (any many other kinds of Coke around the world) still use pure cane sugar in their Coke, not high fructose corn syrup, like smelly ol' American Coke.

It taste like Coke, but man, you can REALLY taste the sugar. It's... It's wonderful. :'D

Shlup
09-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Yes, this is true.

A cold glass bottle of Mexican 7up is... yeeesss... *swoon*

qwertysaur
09-04-2010, 09:53 PM
:bigsmile:

TheGlassesGirl
Mexican... 7-Up? o:

Smurf this, I'm going South of the border to shop for my next party.

Rye
I used a brand of Garnier Fructis that came from the middle east and was all written in Arabic, and it smelled better than the normal Garnier shampoo. You better believe that.

TheGlassesGirl
09-04-2010, 09:55 PM
I used a brand of Garnier Fructis that came from the middle east and was all written in Arabic, and it smelled better than the normal Garnier shampoo. You better believe that.
My god, America sucks. D:

Madame Adequate
09-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Halal shops down in Reading sell imported Mt Dew. Not imported from the USA, oh no - imported from Dubai. The bottled stuff is not as good, but the cans are pretty much indistinguishable from the US version.

qwertysaur
09-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Also British Chocolate is by far superior to what we get stuck with... so good :quina:

Rye
09-04-2010, 09:57 PM

No, that was when I was in England! You'd never be able to find that stuff in America, considering the Muslim fear and all. ;[

Madame Adequate
09-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Also British Chocolate is by far superior to what we get stuck with... so good :quina:

I have no idea why people believe this, British chocolate is nothing special. The good stuff is Continental, from Belgium and Switzerland and suchlike.

TheGlassesGirl
09-04-2010, 10:02 PM

No, that was when I was in England! You'd never be able to find that stuff in America, considering the Muslim fear and all. ;[
Like I said, America sucks.

rubah
09-04-2010, 10:03 PM
the best part about the mexican coke, is that you get it in glass bottles at my grocery store

TheGlassesGirl
09-04-2010, 10:05 PM
the best part about the mexican coke, is that you get it in glass bottles at my grocery store
That's what I got it in. I don't wanna return the bottle, it's cool lookin'. :D

Shlup
09-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Mexican... 7-Up? o:

That's one of the best parts about Southern California: we have Mexican grocery stores. And Asian grocery stores. And it is awesome.

TheGlassesGirl
09-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Mexican... 7-Up? o:

That's one of the best parts about Southern California: we have Mexican grocery stores. And Asian grocery stores. And it is awesome.
I would move to California, if that wasn't the only worthwhile thing to go for. xD

No, actually, with a 9% sales tax, it's still not even worth it.

Clo
09-04-2010, 11:34 PM
I just do not like sugar enough to enjoy this.

TheGlassesGirl
09-04-2010, 11:37 PM
I just do not like sugar enough to enjoy this.
D:

EDIT: Also your signature wins the internet.

Depression Moon
09-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Have you tried Mexican Dr.P?

Fujiko
09-05-2010, 12:56 AM
I have no idea why people believe this, British chocolate is nothing special. The good stuff is Continental, from Belgium and Switzerland and suchlike.

Exactly. :love: Omg, Swiss chocolate is the best there is~

TheGlassesGirl
09-05-2010, 01:04 AM
Have you tried Mexican Dr.P?
Ho-lee crap, that sounds delicious. I love Dr. Pepper.

Sadly, all that the store had (and has ever had) is Coke. For a DOLLAR! :D

NorthernChaosGod
09-05-2010, 03:44 AM
Mexican... 7-Up? o:

I would move to California, if that wasn't the only worthwhile thing to go for. xD

No, actually, with a 9% sales tax, it's still not even worth it.

We also have a higher minimum wage than most states though.

PepsiCo has been doing Pepsi and Mtn Dew Throwback where they use real sugar instead of HFCS. The Mtn Dew was delicious, the Pepsi was pretty underwhelming.

Agent Proto
09-05-2010, 03:49 AM
Mexican... 7-Up? o:

There are Mexican grocery stores and Asian grocery stores here in Northern Virginia as well. :3

kotora
09-05-2010, 12:19 PM
looks like now even the mexican cola is takin' our jobs :(

Rodarian
09-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Actually certain things like Cadbury chocolates and other products are specifically modified for that particular market even if its a universal brand.....

Coco Cola and Pepsi here in Pk are sweeter than N.A variety.

Meat Puppet
09-05-2010, 12:59 PM
I’m more interested in how you know what heaven is like

TheGlassesGirl
09-05-2010, 03:44 PM

That information is classified. :cool:

NorthernChaosGod
09-05-2010, 04:31 PM

That information is classified. :cool:

She just doesn't want to reveal that she's an angel. ;)

Unbreakable Will
09-05-2010, 07:21 PM
What NCG's custom title doesn't tell you is that he treks the galaxy for the corniest lines :holmes:

On topic: MtDew Throwback is amazing :D

TheGlassesGirl
09-05-2010, 08:17 PM
What NCG's custom title doesn't tell you is that he treks the galaxy for the corniest lines :holmes:

I don't like Mtn. Dew that much anyways, so I'll take your word for it. -nod-

Lawr
09-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Cocaine is always better when it's imported from Mexico. :aimgrin:

TheGlassesGirl
09-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Cocaine is always better when it's imported from Mexico. :aimgrin:
Everyone I've told about the Coke has the same first question: "Is their cocaine in it?" It's quite funny. XD

Mirage
09-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Nah, colombian coke is the best.

TheGlassesGirl
09-05-2010, 09:15 PM
You would know?

NorthernChaosGod
09-06-2010, 03:27 AM

Yes and yes. /smug

Mirage
09-06-2010, 08:35 PM
You would know?

Hell yeah.

razorrozar7
09-06-2010, 09:23 PM
I have never had a soft drink from another country.

Laddy
09-06-2010, 11:54 PM
The UK has some pretty cool drinks they don't have over here. As does Mexico.

Mexican Coke is in fact delicious.

Peegee
09-07-2010, 02:59 PM
I *think* China/Hong Kong cola is like that - they use cane sugar. It does taste different.

I don't think Canada uses HFCS but I wouldn't be surprised that USA jr uses USA products. Ugh I can't do or eat anything.

Meat Puppet
09-08-2010, 10:14 AM
I guess I will take this opportunity to mention Bundaberg Brewed Drinks, who make the best ginger beer that I have tasted. Actually I have brewed better myself, but I mean commercial produce.

TheGlassesGirl
09-08-2010, 10:43 AM
I guess I will take this opportunity to mention Bundaberg Brewed Drinks, who make the best ginger beer that I have tasted. Actually I have brewed better myself, but I mean commercial produce.
Hrhghgrhghrghrgh.

-brain broke-

-loves ginger ale/beer/whatever anyone else calls it-

NorthernChaosGod
09-08-2010, 06:04 PM
It's my understanding that ginger ale and ginger beer are two different drinks, Naomi.

razorrozar7
09-08-2010, 06:18 PM
According to Terry Pratchett, ale=gravy made from hops. Ginger ale=gravy made from ginger?

NorthernChaosGod
09-10-2010, 03:28 AM
Look what I got! /smug

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8006/0909001912.jpg

~*~Celes~*~
09-10-2010, 07:07 AM
saw some at the store today but bought mandarin, guava, and strawberry sodas instead :D

Otis_Glicker
09-10-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but in America there's a brand of soda called Jones Soda that uses pure sugar cane. It's delicious, especially the root beer. Not only that, but they're always coming out with new and strange flavors to go along with the traditional ones. I remember seeing a video on YouTube with their Thanksgiving edition. It was full of disgustingly strange flavors that should never be a beverage. Turkey, yams, green beans, that kind of stuff. The kind of thing you'd never want to drink, but you'd have to pick it up for the sheer fact that someone actually made it. The people drinking them said that they could distinctly taste the food it was representing. It was almost like Fear Factor.

Kirobaito
09-10-2010, 08:23 AM
It's only once a year that I have the opportunity to purchase a Scottish soda called Irn-Bru. It's disgusting in one sense, but spectacular in the other. I actually think the arrangement is just perfect. If I were able to acquire it all the time I would get quite bored with it. This way, I buy one case of it a year at a festival and spend my summer drinking it.

NorthernChaosGod
09-10-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but in America there's a brand of soda called Jones Soda that uses pure sugar cane. It's delicious, especially the root beer. Not only that, but they're always coming out with new and strange flavors to go along with the traditional ones. I remember seeing a video on YouTube with their Thanksgiving edition. It was full of disgustingly strange flavors that should never be a beverage. Turkey, yams, green beans, that kind of stuff. The kind of thing you'd never want to drink, but you'd have to pick it up for the sheer fact that someone actually made it. The people drinking them said that they could distinctly taste the food it was representing. It was almost like Fear Factor.

Oh, I love Jones Soda. And they have cool labels too.

Del Murder
09-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Mexican Coke is indeed great. Most Bevmo's should carry it if you don't have a Mexican supermarket in your area. Coke from a glass bottle in general is so much better than from a can or plastic bottle.

Man...I want one right now. Maybe the newsstand downstairs has it. I doubt it though.

NorthernChaosGod
09-10-2010, 06:13 PM
I actually got mine from the Ralph's right down the road. I was only going to pick up some stuff for dinner when I saw them, then I had to buy some because of this thread.

Del Murder
09-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Success! The newsstand didn't have it but a taco truck outside my office was selling them. Not very cold, but 20 minutes in the freezer should fix that. :)

TheGlassesGirl
09-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Jones Soda is the best thing ever. smurf sliced bread.

rubah
09-14-2010, 05:57 PM
wtf is a bevmo

There is an organic soda brand called Blue Sky that also does not use HFCS. Then there are these (http://www.rwknudsenfamily.com/products/spritzers/red_raspberry_spritzer).

you guys make terrible hipsters

anyways, I am neither rich nor a hipster, so I rarely drink that stuff. 24pk of diet coke kthx

Ramza Beoulve
09-19-2010, 07:20 AM
*Likes living in Mexico, for once...*

G13
09-19-2010, 10:42 AM
I've had three bottles of the stuff today trying to understand what is so great about it. I literally thought someone had pissed in the first bottle I tried.

TheGlassesGirl
09-19-2010, 02:51 PM
I've had three bottles of the stuff today trying to understand what is so great about it. I literally thought someone had pissed in the first bottle I tried.

You obviously don't know what's awesome and what's crap anymore. I would kill to have three more bottles of it.

NorthernChaosGod
09-19-2010, 04:24 PM

Wtf is wrong with you, Eric? :stare:

G13
09-20-2010, 02:35 AM
Oh my god, where do I begin...

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
03-06-2011, 04:50 AM
Oh yes, Mexican Coke > HFCS Coke.

Mexican Coke is the perfect blend of cane sugar and carbonated water, which never falls flat.
HFCS Coke is just flat. >.>

G13
03-06-2011, 08:40 AM
I still don't like Spanish speaking Coke.