PDA

View Full Version : Staged or Not?

MJN SEIFER
09-05-2010, 10:55 PM
YouTube - Ablisa's X Factor Audition (Full Version) - itv.com/xfactor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrNbLBS1D2Q)

I don't follow the show that much, but I saw this clip from X-Factor and these two girls called Abby and Lisa apparently fall out on stage, leading to Abby punching Lisa as she walks out.

Looking at the entire thing, I personally believe these two girls staged the whole thing just to appear on TV. if you watched it from start to finish they seam alright with each other, they talk about how they want things to go alright with each other, planting that they are obviously close friends, as if it will be important later. They then get on stage, deliberatly make an off hand remark on one of the judges (nothing too bad, they just say he's old) they then repeat why they're here, and Lisa starts talking like Vicky Pollard in Little Britain they are soon booed, and Lisa tells the audience to shut up, and the girls storm off. No coming back now right? Actually they come back after only 15 seconds, no one even asks them they just come back, as if it's all part of the show.

They sing a song by Shane Ward (a previous winner of X-Factor) Lisa sings more than Abby, who can barley be heard - this is where it's difficult, it's really easier to sing badly on purpose, but it's easier to sing badly when trying to sing good. If I am right about this being staged we can assume that they're deliberatly not putting any effort into their song.

For no reason, Lisa decides to change the song - maybe to see what reaction she'd get, when they get one (by the audience) Lisa tells the judges she doesn't care what they think - she wasn't even provoked! Plently of X-Factor contestants have turned agressive, but they all wait until after they've been insulted. Abby starts saying the exact opposite to what Abby says (kind of like when some one creates a sock puppet account online, and then argues with it) and Abby just argues with, and insults the Judges. Not waiting to hear the results, Abby storms off, decking Lisa as she walks by - a bit sudden? Lisa didn't really seam that shocked...

It all seamed to ordered to have not been staged.

Freya
09-06-2010, 12:20 AM
I don't think it was staged. I mean they probably can't handle criticism well so an entire crowd booing you, that's going to really get under your skin. Then they probably felt it was the others fault and took it out on each other. I don't know how those people do it, i'd cry just being up there under that stress. It was hella amusing though xD

JKTrix
09-06-2010, 03:09 AM
Totally amusing. I vote for 'not staged' too.

McLovin'
09-06-2010, 07:36 AM
HAMMER PUNCH!

Madame Adequate
09-06-2010, 08:35 PM
I voted not staged just because I really want this to be real. If it is real I know there are no depths to which I can sink that this will not top.

Inferno
09-07-2010, 03:12 PM
I voted not staged just because I really want this to be real

Pheesh
09-07-2010, 03:25 PM
It would have been funnier if one of the Judges punched them both.

Psychotic
09-07-2010, 03:34 PM
I don't think these two are smart enough to stage something like this.

Meat Puppet
09-13-2010, 02:54 AM
The punch was fake, or at the very least, performed for dramatic effect.