PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever really used HP<-->MP??

MrSchpagge
09-07-2010, 12:03 AM
I used it once, found out what it did, and thought I'd never use it again.

But awhile back I was messing around in one of my saves and ended up turning Cloud into and an ubermage, giving him materia combos like (Sneak Attack)-(Ultima), (Final Attack)-(Pheonix), (Quad. Magic)-(Master Summon), as well as the Mega All, E-Skill, and the Master Magic materia, with the Circlet as his accessory.

The other two characters each had mastered Counter Attack and Cover materias, E-Skill, and the Tough Ring.

This wasn't by any means a "catch-all" party setup, but it was pretty fun to play around with.

Levian
09-07-2010, 12:04 AM
I remember I used it against one of the optional bosses, but I don't remember which!

Raistlin
09-07-2010, 12:23 AM
I have before a little bit when just screwing around with ridiculous setups. Otherwise I never bothered with it.

Big D
09-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Cid's Venus Gospel (his ultimate weapon) derives its power from his MP level. HP<->MP materia, plus an optional handful of HP Plus and MP Plus, can be good for dealing high damage with a low-level Cid.

Clo
09-07-2010, 01:26 AM
I wonder why they include really unsavory options like this in the game.

FFIX Choco Boy
09-07-2010, 02:49 AM
Cid's Venus Gospel (his ultimate weapon) derives its power from his MP level. HP<->MP materia, plus an optional handful of HP Plus and MP Plus, can be good for dealing high damage with a low-level Cid.

I'm fairly sure that, like with Cloud, it is based on a % factor, not on a number-to-number factor. And the real point of it is to cast KotR 4 times, other than that it's useless. After casting 4 times it can be mimed for no MP, too, so it's only got a single use in the whole game, in one single battle - Emerald - after which you don't even need it a second time.

Saber
09-07-2010, 03:06 AM
you can't quadra magic KOTR even with 9999 MP. If you can show me a video on it cause I've tried recently and no go. I had 9999/9999 MP a master summon and a mastered KOTR.

MrSchpagge
09-07-2010, 10:10 AM
No, KotR doesn't work with Quad. Magic, but every other summon does.

I wouldn't want to sit through that four times anyway.

VeloZer0
09-07-2010, 02:38 PM
All the HM/MP based ultimate weapons are based on & not absolute value.

I have played around with it in the past, but in no way did I ever find it useful. It would have been nice if it did something like transfer a fraction of your HP to your mp, making it a potentially considerable trade-off.

MJN SEIFER
09-07-2010, 08:15 PM
I tried it out when I first got it, I didn't really bother with it - the is a lame glitch you can get from it though.

If you have Level 4 Limit Breaks, you will notcice that there is a blanks space when you select them (Because each character has one Level 4 Limit) - if you select that space it will say "Not Enough MP!". However you will have enough with HP <--> MP. Your character will have the same aura as usual during his or her Limit Break, the game will just freeze - it's not that exciting...