PDA

View Full Version : Interpol - Interpol

Rantz
09-07-2010, 11:57 AM
New Interpol album, released TODAY. I found out today by complete accident!

HELL'S BELLS YES I'M SO EXCITED

First impressions thread and so on :D I will have to return to this thread after listening properly.

charliepanayi
09-07-2010, 02:03 PM
This is out in the UK next week, I'm looking forward to it despite being a little disappointed with Our Love to Admire. The debut album is still brilliant though.

Shorty
09-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Oh my goodness, I didn't even know they had another album coming out! Exciiited. I'm going to listen all day at work.

Rantz
09-07-2010, 03:10 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/729269/Images/thiiismuch.jpg

I am THIIIIIIS excited!

Pete for President
09-07-2010, 11:02 PM
I need to check this out. I got bored kinda quickly listening to the older Interpol albums, but I'm giving it a chance!

Kirobaito
09-07-2010, 11:15 PM
I have absolutely no opinion, because I hadn't even heard of Interpol before today, but I listened to a review to it on the radio today and they said it was trash. Apparently the atmosphere is created, but the songs are all crap, and they don't seem to care that the songs are all crap because they'd rather just have the atmosphere.

Rantz
09-08-2010, 03:49 PM
This is likely to be a premature comment since it's only been two days, but I'm pretty disappointed in this album so far. What Kirobaito says is true to some extent although calling it trash is far too harsh, in my opinion. While there are a few great songs (most notably Barricade), it seems that it's mostly Interpol being Interpol without having much good material. It's all okay, I just expected a lot more.

Apparently the bassist left the band after finishing this album. I suppose we'll see where they go from now. I hope they'll take the opportunity to move in a different direction.

Shattered Dreamer
09-08-2010, 05:29 PM
I loved Antics & the 1st album, 3rd album was okay. I heard the 1st single off the new record & really didn't like it at all. I fear Interpol may be passed their sell by date :(