PDA

View Full Version : SHOCKING NEWS!

Rodarian
09-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Ok I've been keeping this off the forum for while but.....

I'M GOING TO BE AN UNCLE!! :love:

My sister mailed me a few months back with the good news...Believe u me I was a little surprised...I mean I always knew she'll have kids but, wow this early.. She's now three months into the term and she emailed me the sonogram... It looks like a like a tadpole... I teased her whether its a frog prince or princess!!

Background info: My sister (28yrs) is elder to me by one year and is one smart cookie..She's a career driven woman and recently she got promoted to Senior Brand Manager for the multinational company Cologate.
Me and her fight like demons and I'm super proud of her achievements...

And now she'll be a mommy...Kinda scary but I'm excited to be an Uncle..

So tell me for those who have nephew and nieces , what sort of Aunt/Uncle are you..

I think I'll be the goofy Uncle who spoils the nieces and mentors the nephew...:cool:

FYI Please read spoiler

FOR THOSE WHO ARE ON FACEBOOK FRIENDS, PLEASE KINDLY REFRAIN FROM SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS SUBJECT THERE BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T ANNOUNCED THE NEWS TO THE EXTENDED FAMILY AND ONLY CLOSE FAMILY & FRIENDS KNOW SO FAR. THE ANNOUNCEMENT WILL HAPPEN ON SATURDAY
WE'LL

kotora
09-08-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm so putting this on facebook

Shiny
09-08-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm the type of Aunt that looks like I'm actually their older sister. Oddly enough, people sometimes ask me if I'm my actual sister's mother.

escobert
09-08-2010, 08:32 PM
I've been an uncle since I was 6. My oldest sister is almost 40 ><

Miriel
09-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Aww, congrats!! I can't wait to be an Aunt, I know my little nieces and nephews will adore me.

Or at least, they will until they hit age 10 or so. I had a bunch of little cousins. And they looooved me and I pampered them when they were young. Now they're all getting to be teenagers and they won't give me hugs and kisses anymore. :crying2:

Shlup
09-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Why is that shocking? You're old.

Congrats though.

I hope I don't become an aunt any time soon. If I become an aunt before I become a mother I am going to choke someone.

Clo
09-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Oh man, CONGRATULATIONS! You're going to be an awesome uncle! It's so sweet that you're so excited about your sister's baby. :love:

I may or not be an aunt. I'm never entirely sure what my older half-brother is up to. He has some daughter, but I'm not sure if it's his. And I don't really care all too much.

If my little brother had a baby maybe I'd care more.

ALSO, I do have a godson (which is sort of funny, considering the whole me being a heathen thing, but my friend insisted). I spoil him, and buy him gifts and give him treats. He's one year old now and he walks around like a little speed demon. I've seen him learn to crawl, then walk, and now talk, and it's really awesome to watch. :p

Iceglow
09-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Heheheh I'm an uncle a whopping 6 times over now. I have 4 nephews the eldest of which is just a mere 7 years younger than myself, in fact he is older than some of members here. Which is kinda funny. I can take him to the pub with me if I chose to. I also have to admit that tends to make me feel old when I think about girls what are like 18 who hit on me because if I think about it I can remember the time they would have been wearing nappies whilst I played computer games like Resident Evil and Starcraft.

What sort of uncle am I? I'm the cool sort of uncle, to my elder nephews I'm the uncle who goes out and gets the girls and they feel they can talk to me about things because well I'm like that. Recently I was suggesting topics for one of them to study in college since he didn't have much of a plan but wants to become a writer much like I do.

So yeah I try and be the cool uncle who just is there on the periphery. I don't like getting too involved but it must be said that when I lived alone I felt lonely not for a lack of adult company but in a way I missed the kids.

Rantz
09-08-2010, 09:01 PM
I have a niece who just turned a year old, and a nephew who'll be 3 late this fall. They came to visit me today, in fact! My nephew asked specifically to come see me :love: that made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

They made my apartment a mess in less than an hour, but I was glad to have them here. As for what kind of uncle I am... I'm not sure. What types are there? Can I take a quiz to find out?

Peegee
09-08-2010, 09:12 PM
You mean uncle as in one of your direct siblings is having a kid, not cousins or 2nd cousins or etc? Because you should've been an uncle eons ago.

I'm going to derail this thread by saying my brother (turning 20 this year) is the uncle of two girls who are older than he is. Bam. Their mother (our cousin) is my dad's age. I don't even know who their grandmother/father is.

Inferno
09-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Will you be the godfather ?

Shorty
09-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Congratulations on becoming an uncle soon! I'm not an aunt yet, but I'm sure I will be soon enough - one of my (three) younger sisters just got married, and I'm sure they'll begin to have children in the next year or two.

I can't wait until my sisters and I all get married and all have kids. We'll have awesome family reunions.

Rodarian
09-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Well I suppose I'll be a guardian but not the god father.. I think my sister has trust in me yet to be 'godfather' besides i think her SiL will be the god mother.

Yes PG she is first direct one..I mean I am uncle to two of my cousins kids but that's it.

@Shlup: Yea I realized that I can't be 'youhtful' for soo long!!

Too be honest I think sometimes that I may not want to have kids of my own..Love them..But maybe they aren't for me...:confused:

Del Murder
09-08-2010, 10:50 PM
It will be a long time before I become an uncle. I don't think my brothers will ever have kids.

Fujiko
09-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Congrats! Never been an aunt; the oldest among us (four) siblings is my elder brother, and he's 28. None of us are married or have kids. Yet! ^__^

Raistlin
09-08-2010, 11:34 PM
My sister is 11, so it will be a long time before I have any neices/nephews (if ever). As I do not want any kids ever, she will almost certainly have kids before me.

Lawr
09-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Why is that shocking? You're old.

What? We let you have your fifteen minutes, Shlup (http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/Sagensyg/Other/shlup.png)!

Bunny
09-09-2010, 12:04 AM
I am afraid to be an uncle.

Rodarian
09-09-2010, 06:19 AM

Is it because they will see you in a Bikini when they least expect it.....

fire_of_avalon
09-09-2010, 01:16 PM
I have a nephew and two nieces that I've never met.

Bunny
09-09-2010, 03:37 PM

Is it because they will see you in a Bikini when they least expect it.....

Despite the rumors, I am not Raistlin.

~*~Celes~*~
09-09-2010, 04:52 PM
I hope I don't become an aunt any time soon. If I become an aunt before I become a mother I am going to choke someone.

Mostly because my big bro, who's 24, is never going to be in a relationship of any type...He just won't. He's too wrapped up in his own life (which is honestly just Eve and anime, and hanging out with his friends every now and then) and he's too cynical about people in general to ever get married. It'd take a really really unique type of girl for him to settle down.

Thus, it's looking like it's up to me to be the first to bring children into the brood. I'm still too young by my personal standards to even get married, let alone have kids, but I know i'll be starting sometime in the next 10 years.

So no I dont know what aunthood is like yet and probably won't for a good while considering the next in line is 5 years younger than me (as long as he keeps it wrapped and/or in the pants).

razorrozar7
09-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Congrats to you, Roddy. May your uncleship be... erm... whatever uncleship is supposed to be.

I'm the oldest in my family by three.five years, so I better not be an uncle before I be a father.

Chloe.
09-09-2010, 07:01 PM
I have a niece and she is the cutest thing ever, she's only about 16 months :jess: It was very surprising when I heard that my brother's girlfriend was pregnant, he was nearly 20 at the time and it definitely wasn't planned. I never thought he would be the first to have a baby, he isn't even the oldest out of the six of us.

Anyway, I think I'm quite a fun auntie and if I had more money I would probably spoil her a lot. It's kind of still weird to think that I am an aunt to be honest.

Laddy
09-11-2010, 12:28 AM
OMG, Congrats Rod! I'm so happy for you! Tell your sister some gay kid half the world away who has a megacrush on you wishes you all the best!

Dignified Pauper
09-12-2010, 01:23 AM
My sister had a baby at 14 and she gave it up for adoption. I don't consider myself an Uncle, but she does.

Regardless, that's cool that you're going to be a legitimate uncle.

nik0tine
09-12-2010, 02:01 AM
Oh god..

I misread the opening of your post as:

My sister nailed me a few months back

black orb
09-21-2010, 08:27 AM
>>> I have been an uncle for 2 years now, nothing special about it..:luca:

Rodarian
09-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Oh god..

:eyebrow: eeewww....

Shoeberto
09-21-2010, 12:25 PM
My nephew is turning 2 this Sunday and I'm gonna make him something special for his birthday :) He makes me really happy to be around and always wants to hang out with me.

Congratulations, Rod. I think you can look forward to a lot of fun in the future with your new niece/nephew :)

Peegee
09-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Oh god..

This pic now requires pics of Rod's sister.

Rodarian
09-22-2010, 08:55 AM
This pic now requires pics of Rod's sister.

:trout: