PDA

View Full Version : Obviously you shouldn't anger Japanese Sony fanboys...

Wolf Kanno
09-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Square Enix Boss Gets Death Threats Over Xbox 360 FF13 - gamrConnect (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=115874)

So it looks like Wada is not only getting flack for announcing FFXIII for the 360 in Japan but now he's getting death threats on his Twitter account.

Personally, I find the whole thing stupid. XIII has been out for almost a year on PS3 in Japan and there like what, a dozen 360 owners in Japan. At least when the 360 version was originally announced the fanboys had something to actually complain about even if there was no real evidence to suggest any of it was true. This is simply ridiculous. :roll2

ShinGundam
09-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Square Enix Boss Gets Death Threats Over Xbox 360 FF13 - gamrConnect (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=115874)

So it looks like Wada is not only getting flack for announcing FFXIII for the 360 in Japan but now he's getting death threats on his Twitter account.

Personally, I find the whole thing stupid. XIII has been out for almost a year on PS3 in Japan and there like what, a dozen 360 owners in Japan. At least when the 360 version was originally announced the fanboys had something to actually complain about even if there was no real evidence to suggest any of it was true. This is simply ridiculous. :roll2
I am still surprised how it is on budget price while SO4I is on Full price game and its expensive :\

Winter Nights
09-09-2010, 08:35 AM
I fail to see how a game being released on the 360 effects the gameplay experience of it on PS3. Fanboys just aching for a reason to complain. :roll2

Wolf Kanno
09-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Granted, the fans are right about Wada going back on his word but it can be argued Squenix went back on its word the moment the 360 version was announced regardless of what countries it was going to be released in.

I feel there might be something deeper here cause frankly the X-Box has always struggled in Japan, despite there really being no reason except possibly national pride type stuff. Like Americans who say they won't buy Japanese cars and only stick to Ford and Chevy. :roll2

Winter Nights
09-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah, nationalism sometimes brings out the stupid in people.

AntagonistGB
09-09-2010, 09:17 PM
I fail to see how a game being released on the 360 effects the gameplay experience of it on PS3. Fanboys just aching for a reason to complain. :roll2
To be fair, I think Square at one time admitted to shaving off a few things to get it to fit on the 360. That being said, death threats over a year old game (ie, any damage done by being multi-platform is already well done) being ported to another system are laughably pathetic.

Jessweeee♪
09-09-2010, 09:59 PM
I think it's funny because everyone here that was whining about how they wouldn't be able to see extreme detail in every little pixel because they were making it for 360 just went on to say that the game put too much emphasis on looks anyway.

ShinGundam
09-09-2010, 10:53 PM
It is far more complex than a fanboy war, It is related to the fact that FF13 isn't a full-spec FF title or at least near to that experience despite the huge gab between FF12 and FF13. Also, Theoretically, there was extra content lying around somewhere, it is the DLCs , they canned a lot of content as far as i know (e.g. Places : Seventh Ark, Bodum , Actual limits Break and so on) and a lot of people want to experience a new content, but all what they get is "the laziest International release" with easy mode :eep:.

Editga XDDDD found this

Thursday, 16 October 2008

Apparently since Final Fantasy XIII’s multi-platform announcement, tensions have risen between Yoshinori Kitase/Tetsuya Nomura and company president Yoichi Wada.
A Famitsu article reveals Kitase taking a jab at his current boss Yoichi Wada in a review of the PlayStation Network game; Last Guy.

Kitase commented:

“I’d love for them to add a stage map more close to the SquareEnix office. In The Last Guy, there’s a feature where if you save the hidden “VIP” citizens you get more points. So gamers could get fired up if there was a mission “Save the VIP President WD![Wada]“… to save this man in our company who is getting criticized. But it might be even more interesting if people were like “I hate this high class VIP Mr.*blank* so I’m going to just watch him die!” (laughter) Could they put that in the game as a 300 yen add on? ”