PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo vs Square Enix

Depression Moon
09-10-2010, 02:40 AM
I was wondering how any of you would feel about a Nintendo vs Square-Enix fighting game. I'm not sure how the battle system would work, but I know that I would like unique mini game button presses to be performed in hyper combos if it hits. I think the fights should be 2 on 2 as well. My character wishlist is below. Comment? your own opinions?

Nintendo

Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi

Zelda
Link
Zelda
Ganon
Fierce Deity Link

Pokemon
Pikachu
Mewtwo

Other
Ness
Samus
Marth
Fox
Captain Falcon
Little Mac

Kirby
Kirby
Metaknight

Square-Enix

Final Fantasy
Cloud (Original, KH, and AC costumes)
Sephiroth (Original, KH, and shirtless costumes)
Zidane
Beatrix
Shiva (X-version for default. Alts are IX, VII, and IV)
Bahamut (VIII-version for default Alts are IX, X, and XIII)
Black Mage
Kefka
Yang
Chocobo

Dragon Quest
Eight
Bianca
Dragonlord

Threads of Fate
Rue
Mint

Chrono Trigger
Crono
Robo

Other
Fei
Sora
Geno

Bunny
09-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Unless I counted wrong, the numbers don't match up. You need one more Nintendo character for 20 each.

It'd be a decent idea if you removed the summons from playable character status. They don't fit within a fighting game very well, regardless of how you work them. There is a wealth of characters you can replace them with as well. The only other comment would be to include characters from lesser known franchises to give the game a little more variety and less boredom of rehashing characters from well-standing series.

NorthernChaosGod
09-10-2010, 03:41 AM
Fierce Deity Link

Fuck. Yes.

But you basically want a Marvel vs. Capcom game with Nintendo and Squeenix instead?

Depression Moon
09-10-2010, 11:49 PM
MvC? Not necessarily. I said I wasn't too sure on the mechanics. It could be 2-D or 3-D and not play like those games. I personally don't like MvC2 all that much though.

Unless I counted wrong, the numbers don't match up. You need one more Nintendo character for 20 each.

Oh I did forget about one. I'll add another.

NorthernChaosGod
09-11-2010, 05:02 AM
It sounds like the core gameplay would be the same to me. I'd play it.

Clo
09-11-2010, 06:37 AM
Yes! I want to play as Rue and Mint!

Crossblades
09-12-2010, 01:52 AM
Chrono Trigger
[/U]Crono
Robo

Epic fail for not including Magus. Rest of the list is good though

|-THE redmage-|
09-13-2010, 08:19 PM
I would totally play that game. Maybe you should add a few Star Ocean characters as hidden SE characters? Just a suggestion.

Depression Moon
09-30-2010, 06:14 PM
I was thinking that the game could play sort of like a mix of Street Fighter III plus a bit of an action game by putting it in a 3-D realm. The stage sizes would only be moderate and small to avoid running away and people picking each other off yards away. There would be a super system that is activated by getting orbs from that fall at the center of the arena. The fall of the orbs is determined by techs and combos dealt to your opponent. Obtain three orbs to receive your super.

Del Murder
10-01-2010, 11:09 PM
I would totally play this game. My two favorite video game companies ever joining forces once again! The inclusion of Geno is a nice touch. I'd also like to see some more FF characters replace the summons (Terra or Locke or Balthier maybe). In fact, just replace your Final Fantasy section with these characters:

Final Fantasy
Cloud (Original, KH, and AC costumes)
Sephiroth (Original, KH, and shirtless costumes)
Zidane Vivi (screw monkey boy, plus Vivi is better than generic black mage)
Beatrix Gilgamesh
Shiva Terra
Bahamut Balthier
Black Mage Rikku (girl power)
Kefka
Yang
ChFrocobo (with Sazh too I guess)