PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Diaries Season 2 (Spoilers)

Spiffing Cheese
09-10-2010, 04:51 PM
What a fantastic opener to a new season!

Katherine is such a BITCH. I reeeeally hope Damon saw Jeremy's ring and didn't actually intend to kill him; otherwise that's probably something he's not coming back from. :(

Katherine: You hate me Stefan? That sounds like the beginning of a love story, not the end of one...

Elena: I hate Damon.

:D

Miriel
09-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Unbelievable.

Who would have thought that Vampire Diaries would turn out to be one of the most exciting shows on television?

Seriously great season premiere. I was literally gasping throughout the entire episode. First I was like, "oh no, Bonnie!" then I was like, "Oh no, Stefan!" and then I was like, "Ahhh, JEREMY!!" and then it was like, "OH :bou::bou::bou::bou:, CAROLINE!?!?"

Katherine is one crazy bitch.

Chris
09-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Contemplated making this thread a couple of days ago, so I'm glad there's one now.

Still haven't seen the premiere, but I am really excited! :D

Bunny
09-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I keep reading good things about this show and going "Hm, maybe I should watch this."

And then I remember how much I've come to loathe vampires since Twilight.

Spiffing Cheese
09-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Ick. Twilight should not stop you watching this. Don't give it the satisfaction!

Shlup
09-10-2010, 10:27 PM
This show started out pretty good, and then got really good really fast. Damon is all the right kinds of fucked up and I <3 him forever.

Psychotic
09-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Game on.
First I was like, "oh no, Bonnie!" fuck Bonnie. :colbert:

Shlup
09-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I would totally fuck Bonnie. She's hot.

Psychotic
09-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Elena/Katherine, Caroline and even Jenna are all far superior :doublecolbert:

hope she dies but I know she won't. :(

Spiffing Cheese
09-10-2010, 10:54 PM
]smurf Bonnie. :colbert:

Seriously. I want them to kill her off.

Also if Jeremy doesn't get over his emo-wanna-be-vampire thing soon, I hope he dies too.

Psychotic
09-10-2010, 10:57 PM
You are officially redemeed for being Welsh. :love:

Also I dunno, I kind of think he's gonna become Spider-Jeremy, what with Uncle <s>Ben</s> John giving him the ol' "great responsibility" talk.

Chris
09-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Just watched it, and it was ev'rything I could have hoped for.

I may seem crazy, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for Damon the entire time. He had finally begun to feel again, and kaboom! You can't help but feel sorry for him, really. :(

We of course all know what Tyler is, but he is really beginning to intrigue me. How will his... erm, he, fit in in all of of this vampire drama?

I like Bonnie, so stop hating on her, or I will summon my ancestors and make them crush you with their disturbingly large fannies.

Spiffing Cheese
09-10-2010, 11:21 PM
I may seem crazy, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for Damon the entire time. He had finally begun to feel again, and kaboom! You can't help but feel sorry for him, really. :(

He did wait for Katherine for 145 years only to find out she never loved him in the first place, that it was 'always Stefan' and then have Elena repeat almost the exact same words to him. You can't really blame the guy for freaking out. And I really don't believe he would have broken Jeremy's neck if he hadn't seen the ring. I hope. :( Still, he crossed a line even for him, especially with the way he treated Elena at the end.

I just watched the preview for next week and is that Damon Bonnie's burning? :nonono:

Also being 'crushed with disturbingly large fannies' takes on a whole new meaning when you're British. :(

Chris
09-10-2010, 11:25 PM
I think that is indeed Bonnie firing up her witchy powers. She warned all of them, so it seems likely. Wasn't so tough against Catherine, though... yet. :cool:

I'm not sure if Damon realised that Jeremy was wearing the ring, in any case, he completely destroyed his relationship with Elena. I dunno. I just can't help but pity the doggone fool.

Spiffing Cheese
09-10-2010, 11:27 PM
I think that is indeed Bonnie firing up her witchy powers. She warned all of them, so it seems likely. Wasn't so tough against Catherine, though... yet. :cool:

From the looks of it she's setting Damon on fire cos she thinks he killed the guy Caroline was feeding off which again shows how stupid she is. :p

Chris
09-10-2010, 11:31 PM
I think I'm gonna excuse her by saying "she's new at this stuff", and let her off the hook. Also, she's too damn cute to be killed off. :D

Miriel
09-12-2010, 04:01 AM
I think it's a real testament to both the writers and to the actor that Damon can do unspeakably awful things, like seriously smurfing EVIL stuff, and yet you can't help but feel for him and hope for some redemption somewhere down the road.

As for Bonnie, I think she's the weakest actress on the show, but she's pretty much the only person with any power against the vamps. I don't like how severely weak the humans would be without Bonnie. Maybe they can throw in a Slayer somewhere in there to balance things out.

Spiffing Cheese
09-12-2010, 12:48 PM
As for Bonnie, I think she's the weakest actress on the show, but she's pretty much the only person with any power against the vamps. I don't like how severely weak the humans would be without Bonnie. Maybe they can throw in a Slayer somewhere in there to balance things out.

Jeremy is gonna be a badass vampire hunter. :D

What has happened to Alaric, btw? Is he coming back or not? I reeeally hope so. Damon and Alaric bromance = win.

Chris
09-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Was that a thrilling episode, or what?

I thought they were all going Damon hunting, but I am quite pleased that that wasn't the case. Even though I pity the fool, it was nice to see him getting his ass scorched by that "judgy little thing", Bonnie. :D

Tyler's story is getting more and more interesting, but we all know where his path is going to lead him, non? I'm glad that they're dedicating some more time on his character.

Doomie
09-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Instead of starting a new thread, I decided to ask here. I saw something like three episodes of this show, and just couldn't stomach it. But I keep hearing good things about it, from people who aren't just fan-girls. Is it that good? Is it better than True Blood? Is it The O.C. with fangs?

Miriel
09-20-2010, 09:52 PM
It started off pretty crappy. And then steadily got better and better, and the season 1 finale and season 2 premiere are some of the strongest episodes I've seen of any network TV show in a good while.

Vampire Diaries has better pacing than True Blood, although generally True Blood still has better acting/writing.

Chris
09-21-2010, 11:29 AM
I was sceptical at first too, but I stuck with it, and now, it has me completely enthralled. Haven't felt like this about a show since 2005, when I first got hooked on Supernatural. :D

Shlup
09-22-2010, 05:08 AM
What Miriel said.

I like vampire Caroline and hope they keep her. :}

Spiffing Cheese
09-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Personally I think it's grown to be a far better show than True Blood. The first season of True Blood was awesome but since then it's just gotten worse and worse. The season 3 finale sucked. On the contrary, like Miriel said, Vampire Diaries started off kind of lame and now it's become a fantastic show imo. :)

Psychotic
09-24-2010, 09:14 PM
"And now you want me to eat bunnies" I really like the Caroline-Stefan double act :D

Chris
09-24-2010, 09:34 PM
We all knew that the entire "Werewolves vs. Vampires" thing was inevitable, but it looks interesting. At least there's no annoying in between species threesome drama going on.

Elena is quite honestly starting to annoy me a little. She exudes hurt, but you can hardly blame her for that, but I still don't like what she did and said to Damon. Like Damon said, she really is starting to resemble you-know-who on more than one level. Enough with the whimpering. :D

Edit: Welcome back, Alaric. :D

Spiffing Cheese
09-24-2010, 11:21 PM
"And now you want me to eat bunnies" I really like the Caroline-Stefan double act :D

Me too! I'm really glad they've gone down the Vamp!Caroline road. Plus her eye make-up of late is TOTALLY HOT.

Elena is quite honestly starting to annoy me a little. She exudes hurt, but you can hardly blame her for that, but I still don't like what she did and said to Damon. Like Damon said, she really is starting to resemble you-know-who on more than one level. Enough with the whimpering. :D

I actually disagree with you - I think she's sticking to her guns and rightly so. Damon crossed a line and he deserves to be punished. xD I think it's pretty clear that she doesn't really hate him, though, especially with how upset she was by his 'you're just like Katherine' comment. She really wants to hate him and I think it speaks volumes for her character that she's not ready to forgive him, cos really, he hasn't done anything to earn it (other than jumping in front of an arrow for her, lol). He intended to kill Jeremy and it's gonna take a lot more than an apology to make up for it.

Welcome back, Alaric. :D

Yaaaaaay!

Also, Katherine's back! Yay! Do more evil stuff plz!

Chris
09-25-2010, 12:07 AM
I actually disagree with you - I think she's sticking to her guns and rightly so. Damon crossed a line and he deserves to be punished. xD I think it's pretty clear that she doesn't really hate him, though, especially with how upset she was by his 'you're just like Katherine' comment. She really wants to hate him and I think it speaks volumes for her character that she's not ready to forgive him, cos really, he hasn't done anything to earn it (other than jumping in front of an arrow for her, lol). He intended to kill Jeremy and it's gonna take a lot more than an apology to make up for it.
I know! I know! I agree, but they were getting so close, and then Damon screws it up. It's like you said, she obviously doesn't hate him to the degree... that being said, he did, like you said, take an arrow for her, and that had to count for something, right? She was so cold, but she had every ri... still, please make up, and with werewolves running around, they can't afford to scatter.

I'm gonna stop now, before I start to sound like a total fan boy. :D

Tyler is getting interesting, and let's see him kick some vampire butt. :cool:

Spiffing Cheese
09-25-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm gonna stop now, before I start to sound like a total fan boy. :D

Tyler is getting interesting, and let's see him kick some vampire butt. :cool:

I think I've already crossed the line into scary fan-girl. :D

I hope we get some decent storylines about the werewolves. It would be nice to see more Tyler and Jeremy stories, I like their dynamic.

Miriel
09-29-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm actually super happy that Elena is on the outs with Damon.

I mean, Damon is like the best character on the show, but it's beyond ridiculous that he can go around killing people left and right and NOT have people absolutely hating his guts. I mean, he kills Alaric and now they have like a bromance friendship going on (which I enjoy tbh, but it doesn't make it any less bizarre) and he kills Jeremy and Jeremy is mad at first but then decides to have a heart to heart talk with Damon. It's weird!

And for all this, "omg I hate Damon" thing that Stefan has going on, it seems like any time Damon does something bad, Stefan will eventually forgive him for it. And that includes Damon murdering his very bestest friend.

So yeah, I'm glad that Elena is sticking to her guns and staying mad at Damon. Plus, I want them to draw out the love triangle a bit more. We're only in season 2, people!

Shlup
09-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Agreed on all points.

Besides, what chick doesn't like to watch a bad boy's redemption? Hot.

Spiffing Cheese
09-30-2010, 02:20 AM
And for all this, "omg I hate Damon" thing that Stefan has going on, it seems like any time Damon does something bad, Stefan will eventually forgive him for it. And that includes Damon murdering his very bestest friend.

Yes! It's pretty funny that the one person Damon ALWAYS wants to piss off is the one person that always forgives him - the only person in actuality who always come back no matter what evil stuff Damon does.

Chris
09-30-2010, 12:15 PM
That's because they care deeply for each other, seiously. They always try to shrug it off, but judging by the flashbacks, they were obviously very close... before they died, and perhaps even more now.

Stefan: "I try so hard to hate him, but I guess it's just pointless".

Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

Psychotic
10-08-2010, 04:26 PM
The great thing about this show is that :bou::bou::bou::bou: happens. And at 100mph.No waiting around for ten episodes for some little secret to be revealed. Bam bam bam bam bam drama left right and centre.

Show has also been good with no Bonnie in recent episodes but it looks like she is in the next one. :( Look you guys can like the character if you want but there's no doubting her actress is the worst on the show.

Shlup
10-08-2010, 08:06 PM
I love that they manage to work the word "dick" into pretty much every episode.

Chris
10-08-2010, 11:40 PM
This show thrills me to no end! I did not see that coming. :jess:

It's getting really interesting, but I hope it won't turn out the way I fear it will.

Edit: We have to wait until the 21st for the next episode? SUCKS. ;;

Miriel
10-21-2010, 08:40 PM
There's word going around that a regular or semi-regular character is going to get killed off (for realz) in the coming episodes. I'm crossing my fingers that it's going to be Bonnie and that they bring in a more badass witch for the show. But it's more likely gonna be someone like Jenna or Mason.

Spiffing Cheese
10-22-2010, 02:07 PM
OH MY GOD.

There's word going around that a regular or semi-regular character is going to get killed off (for realz) in the coming episodes. I'm crossing my fingers that it's going to be Bonnie and that they bring in a more badass witch for the show. But it's more likely gonna be someone like Jenna or Mason.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT!!!!!???? :(

I know Mason diedbut I don't see how that's really gonna bother anyone too much. Maybe he IS the character death. I really hope so! They can't kill off Matt! Kill Bonnie!

Miriel
10-22-2010, 05:39 PM
I will choke someone if they kill Matt :(

Last night' episode was crazy. But then again, all the episodes are crazy. It's insane how much :bou::bou::bou::bou: goes down in every single episode.

Psychotic
10-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Yeah seriously. It's non-stop insanity, and it's fantastic.

Mason was a bit of a ponce anyway so I'm glad Damon gave him what was coming to him, although I think Tyler will find out what he did through Jeremy, and when he inevitably goes all super saiyan werewolf, Damon might find himself in a lot of trouble. But then again, Damon wouldn't be Damon without getting into shenanigans and wacky escapades.

Chris
10-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Indeed a thrilling episode. I must admit that I as much as I liked Mason, I knew what was coming his way eventually. The question is how Tyler will react if and when he finds out that Damon killed Mason. Will he side with Elena and the brothers against Katherine, or will he side with that old devil woman? He and Jeremy seems to have an interesting relationship, so perhaps he'll do it for Jeremy? Okay, let's not even go there. :D

Matt, like him a lot, but his character's been nothing but filler since the last season.

Shlup
10-23-2010, 12:41 AM
Hey, Mason has (had?) my phone! I feel slightly cool now.

And Sefan's bitch baby tears were hot.

Good stuff. I hope they don't kill... anyone. I like Bonnie, dammit! Mostly 'cause she's foxy and she does neat things with feathers.

Spiffing Cheese
10-24-2010, 02:59 PM
He and Jeremy seems to have an interesting relationship, so perhaps he'll do it for Jeremy? Okay, let's not even go there. :D

I absolutely think they should go there. :greenie:

I really hope Elena and Stefan stay broken up. Angsty Stefan is fun, I hope he goes insane again.

Psychotic
10-29-2010, 07:00 PM
And the holy fuck just keeps on coming.

Also lol bonniexjeremy really?

Chris
10-29-2010, 08:08 PM
I really did not see that one coming. Bonnie and Jeremy. :|

That being said, things are getting more and more interesting, and I am so pleased with season two so far.

Miriel
10-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Jeremy has really great chemistry with anyone he's on screen with. I was surprised that he managed to have decent chemistry with Bonnie. Although that seems to be coming 100% from his end. I get nothing from Bonnie. But I actually prefer Jeremy/Tyler rather than Jeremy/Bonnie. :p

Also, I LOVED THE ENDING! Wowza!

Spiffing Cheese
10-29-2010, 10:14 PM
But I actually prefer Jeremy/Tyler rather than Jeremy/Bonnie. :p

yes plz

Seriously, I feel like I've sprinted a mile after every episode. AWESOME.

They're clearly putting Bonnie with Jeremy to discourage the [inexplicable] Bonnie/Damon fans. :p

As for Elena's abductor at the end, it is soooooooooooooooooo Klaus imo. He's the super ancient vampire who created Katherine. It's about time they actually, y'know, had a plot that was vaguely related to the books. Although the show is like a million times better than the books.

Chris
10-29-2010, 10:39 PM
TIME OF THE BARRACUDA

Bonnie: "When did you get your driver's license?" *Gazes adoringly*

YEAH, YEAH! Like I said: barracuda.

I'm with you guys. I'd would actually love it if they created some kind of romance between Jeremy and Tyler, but instead they're hinting at Bonnie and Jeremy hooking up instead? Those sons of bitches.

As for Bonnie... I still like her character, and I would love to see her tap into all of her potential and powers.

Also, I haven't read the books, and I'm kinda glad that I haven't.

Shlup
10-31-2010, 03:18 AM
Jeremy sure does clean up nice. I hope he's able to dislodge that stick from Bonnie's butt.

I knew those vaginas wouldn't kill Katherine. Though I liked the scene with Damon putting her in the tomb.

And I <3 Caroline forever.

Spiffing Cheese
11-05-2010, 04:30 PM
OMG WHY DID HE MAKE HER FORGET :mad2:

100% best show on TV right now.

He PUNCHED HIS HEAD OFF. EPIC.

I am extremely hopeful that Bonnie's nosebleeds are a sign that she will die soon. The end.

Psychotic
11-05-2010, 05:41 PM
OMG WHY DID HE MAKE HER FORGET :mad2:

100% best show on TV right now.

He PUNCHED HIS HEAD OFF. EPIC.

I am extremely hopeful that Bonnie's nosebleeds are a sign that she will die soon. The end.This! All of it!

Miriel
11-06-2010, 06:23 AM
Omg. Freakin' fantastic episode! I really love how they're delving into the mythology of the whole vampire hierarchy/history.

And Damon at the end, ahhh loved it! <3

DO NOT WANT Bonnie/Jeremy. DNW DNW DNW.

Chris
11-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I am not pleased with the whole Bonnie/Jeremy thing, but I still don't want her to die. :|

But yes, things are getting better and better if that is even possible. Saw preview of next week's episode "Katerina", and it looks intriguing.

Shlup
11-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Damon. Unf.

Alive-Cat
11-08-2010, 06:54 PM
When it first started, I never thought I would like this show. But I really like it. It's connected to me as a vampire show in a way that only Buffy the Vampire Slayer has. :spin:
Basically;
If Bonnie's nosebleeds are a sign she's gonna die then I'm going to drink some bleach.
I want Bonnie and Jeremy to GET IT ON. :heart:
I want more bad things to happen to Stefan, he is boring, oh so boring.
I want some MAD WEREWOLF :bou::bou::bou::bou: to go on with Tyler. :cool:
If Damon suddenly revealed that he's actually Boone from Lost one episode that would be pretty cool. :greenie:

Chris
11-15-2010, 12:31 PM
What a great insight into Kathrine's past. It's nice to see that, at some point, she was actually human (in more way than one). I think they managed to pull it together, and it's amazing how much info you can get in a 40-minute episode. :D

Spiffing Cheese
11-15-2010, 10:04 PM
What a great insight into Kathrine's past. It's nice to see that, at some point, she was actually human (in more way than one). I think they managed to pull it together, and it's amazing how much info you can get in a 40-minute episode. :D

Yeah, and props to Nina Dobrev for basically playing three characters in one episode. :p

Shlup
11-16-2010, 08:31 PM
And for putting her hair through all that constant curling and straightening.

Chris
12-04-2010, 09:41 PM
So, it's finally back. As usual, we get a thrilling episode.

Witches are really being toyed around by these vamps, and I hope we get some kind of battle in which the witches burn their vampy little butts down to the cinders.

Shlup
12-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Next episode is gonna be so gooooood.

Stupid December.

Miriel
12-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Anyone else loving Caroline & Tyler together? My heart was kinda breaking for Tyler when he was watching Mason's videos. That's gotta be pretty horrifying.

Also loving Elijah. I like that he's badass and you totally don't know what the fuck he's up to.

Psychotic
12-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Anyone else loving Caroline & Tyler together? Yes, but come the fuck on, why didn't he or Caroline tell that poor boy Matt that they weren't banging? Was kinda harsh.

Also, seriously now, why is everyone with magical powers black? Emily, Bonnie, Grams, Damon's random Florida witch, that friend of Katherine's, and now those two new dudes. Is there some sort of cutting social commentary going on that I'm missing here?

Miriel
12-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Emily, Bonnie, Grams, Katherine's witch friend are all related. Don't know about the new dudes, maybe they're related too? In which case the flirty eyes is kinda ew.

Chris
12-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Hoodoo practises were very common among slaves, and that's why I think that all witches so far have been portrayed by African American people.

The whole hoodoo/voodoo culture is actually still very much alive, as my half-sister's family from Gambia are still practising those old traditions.

In any case, I think they've gone about the whole "magic" thing the right way, instead of having some white goth chick throw her emo fits around, they've chosen to actually base their ideas on something substantial.

Shlup
12-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Black people are magical. Don't question it.

Anyone else loving Caroline & Tyler together? My heart was kinda breaking for Tyler when he was watching Mason's videos. That's gotta be pretty horrifying.
I don't know why, but I'm just not into Tyler. I love Caroline though. Meh, they'll grow on me, I'm sure.

Also loving Elijah. I like that he's badass and you totally don't know what the fuck he's up to.
I don't like Elijah. Overpowered characters are boring. I hope he dies soon.

Chris
12-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Tyler's transformation scene was so intense. I haven't felt that intensely uncomfortable in a long, long time. It was heart-breaking, but brilliantly executed.

Shlup
12-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Watching it right now; Tyler's drinking the wolfsbane.

I love the chains rated for 5000 pounds, attached to him with plastic clips. LOL

Best werewolf transformation ever though. Hands down.

The fake sex scene that was teased in the preview pissed me the fuck off though.

Psychotic
12-11-2010, 02:03 PM
I want to know how Mason got out of his chains in the morning. Obviously Tyler has Caroline, but what about Mason?

Also I agree with Chris. That scene wasn't pleasant.

Shlup
12-11-2010, 10:28 PM
It was those hardcore plastic clippies. They're easy to undo. Unless you're a wolf. A wolf who, for some reason, cannot slip your paws out of cuffs that are loose on human wrists.

Miriel
12-18-2010, 05:15 AM
Tyler & Caroline were the heart and soul of this past episode. It broke my heart when Tyler just sobbed that "it hurts". Makes you realize that this is a teenager dealing with all that pain and horror.

Kinda stupid of the gang to trap Elena in her house with no guarantee of keeping vampires out.

Shlup
12-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Kinda stupid of the gang to trap Elena in her house with no guarantee of keeping vampires out.

Ahahahaha, I didn't think of that.