PDA

View Full Version : EID MUBARAK!!

Rodarian
09-10-2010, 10:13 PM
:party::save:MAY ALLAH/GOD/POWER THAT BE GRANT EVERYONE THEIR WISHES OF CONTENTMENT AND BLESS THE GOOD SOULS ON THIS EARTH AND HERE AFTER. EID MUBARAK TO YOU ALL WITH MY DEEPEST HAPPINESS AND LOVE:save::party:

~Rod aka Taz

Peegee
09-10-2010, 10:24 PM
can I have candies?

Rodarian
09-10-2010, 10:28 PM
can I have candies?

Sure :D

Psychotic
09-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I thought Eid was on Thursday? Oh well. Have a good one, dude.

Shlup
09-10-2010, 10:53 PM
I have never heard of this. Explain.

Psychotic
09-10-2010, 10:56 PM
It's basically like Muslim Christmas (although this is a real generalisation right here). It comes at the end of the Ramadan fasting period.

Shlup
09-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah just like Diwali is Hindu Halloween. I'm not falling for that one.

Shorty
09-10-2010, 11:13 PM
ahaha the office <3

What are we celebrating?

Madame Adequate
09-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah just like Diwali is Hindu Halloween. I'm not falling for that one.

And Qing Ming Jie is Korean birthday!

Bunny
09-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Ah! Get your terrorist devil-double speak away from me.

I WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE
TO THE FLAG
OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Fujiko
09-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Lol, you guys. Psy is right; it comes at the end of the fasting month, called Ramadan. It is the biggest celebration in Islam (and is almost like Christmas for Christians), where friends and family gather and bring foods and exchange gifts and party and just have a good time together. There's also a special prayer on this day where you thank God for all the blessings in your life. You also invite neighbours and anyone you know for the celebration, regardless of faith; it's a day of great happiness for Muslims.

Eid Mubarak everyone; bless you all. :aimkiss: *gives Bunny a kiss on the cheek*

Bunny
09-10-2010, 11:31 PM
*gives Bunny a kiss on the cheek*

:blush:

Psychotic
09-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Psy is rightthis right here everyone

this right here

But yeah I have massive respect to Muslims for Ramadan. For those that don't know, they can't eat or even drink a glass of water during the hours of daylight (so basically they can only do that between 9PM-3AM approximately) for a whole month. It's damned impressive.

Bunny
09-10-2010, 11:38 PM
For those that don't know, they can't eat or even drink a glass of water during the hours of daylight (so basically they can only do that between 9PM-3AM approximately) for a whole month

I knew this much. Unfortunately, I have no idea why Muslims do this. Can someone enlightenment with a non-Wikipedia for Ramadan? History or how it came to be, anything of the sort?

Laddy
09-10-2010, 11:54 PM
I would not survive Ramadan.
Happy Eid Mubarak Everyone! Fuji and Rod, invite me over I want some gifts! :happy:

kotora
09-11-2010, 12:45 AM
Heard about it on the radio. Apparently there's gonna be extra police patrolling at cinemas this year.

Fujiko
09-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Psy is rightthis right here everyone

this right here

But yeah I have massive respect to Muslims for Ramadan. For those that don't know, they can't eat or even drink a glass of water during the hours of daylight (so basically they can only do that between 9PM-3AM approximately) for a whole month. It's damned impressive.

xDDD

:aimkiss: :aimkiss:

For those that don't know, they can't eat or even drink a glass of water during the hours of daylight (so basically they can only do that between 9PM-3AM approximately) for a whole month

I knew this much. Unfortunately, I have no idea why Muslims do this. Can someone enlightenment with a non-Wikipedia for Ramadan? History or how it came to be, anything of the sort?

You fast for many reasons; basically, it's because it's healthy, because you're supposed to feel what it's like for the poor that have no food and struggle to survive around the world every day, to realize how vulnerable and dependent humans really are, hence to be thankful for what we have instead of being jealous of what others have; you are to remember your creator in everything you do and speak kind words to your fellow beings, show humiliation and help those in need (charity is a big part of Ramadan, even more than on other months).

It's all about being thankful to God for your blessings and loving and respecting your fellow beings and helping the needy; you're even required to visit your neighbours and friends (usually you invite them to eat with you when you break the fast after the sun is down) and visit the sick and helping others whenever you can. You also practice discipline during this month. There are many reasons, and one of the most important events of this month is that the first verses of the Koran were revealed, on a night called the Night of Power (to Muhammad through the angel Gabriel).

I would not survive Ramadan.
Happy Eid Mubarak Everyone! Fuji and Rod, invite me over I want some gifts! :happy:

Come on over, bebeh~~ :aimkiss:

Clo
09-11-2010, 06:32 AM
I approve of this use of the party cat smiley.

Rodarian
09-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Usually we exchange gifts in terms of the greens...aka $$...

However.... Usually its the working folks who give cash to non working folks i.e nieces nephews grand kids, staff etc...

But working folks do get Eid Bonuses (like Christmas bonuses)

Regardless , Laddy you'll get a gift from me :)

Bunny, I love you regardless :D

Dignified Pauper
09-12-2010, 01:02 AM
I can't believe this thread was allowed. If it ain't Christ, you know it ain't right! Can I get an AMEN?!

But seriously, I was invited to my friend's Eid feast today, but I couldn't make it, and I was a sad panda.

Ashi
09-13-2010, 12:06 AM
This is late but eid mubarak =P
I was kidnapped to a resort with no internet access (not even my blackberry, gasp!) during Eid. It was oddly...relaxing!