PDA

View Full Version : "the nice guy"

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Discuss this image and how you feel about the words within it.

I would have put it in EoEO, but it contains too many lulz.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm291/icebow/1277973439901.png

Rye
09-11-2010, 03:44 PM
I think we had a thread about that before!

Honestly, I think both people in the comic sound retarded and frankly, quite mean.

kotora
09-11-2010, 03:45 PM
I thought pictures were supposed to convey a thousand words without actually having a thousand words in them

Psychotic
09-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah, cutting social commentary that really makes me go "hmm" and all that, but couldn't she have just punched him in the dick instead of reciting her life fucking story?

Mo-Nercy
09-11-2010, 04:50 PM
The girl has a point, but I wouldn't go as far to describe every shy, introverted pale skinned teenager as a "selfish, cowardly prick." I'm sure girls don't really want to be treated like dirt by arseholes, but I suppose she's quite right in saying they don't want to be worshipped and put on a pedastal like some sort of unfallable goddess either. That's just creepy.

Shorty
09-11-2010, 04:56 PM
I think it's funny. xD Except when she calls him a cowardly prick, that made me sadface.

escobert
09-11-2010, 04:57 PM
I think I cba to read that much.

Clo
09-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Wait. I'm experiencing deja vu.

We have discussed this before.

I think it's :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Bunny
09-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Girls be bitches.

Pheesh
09-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I think it's funny. xD Except when she calls him a cowardly prick, that made me sadface.

Pretty much sums it up.

There's some parts in there that are very true, and there are some parts that are really over-exaggerated.

Chris
09-11-2010, 07:50 PM

Honestly, I think both people in the comic sound retarded and frankly, quite mean.
Hmm, I completely agree.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-11-2010, 07:52 PM

I haven't been an active poster for quite some time.

My bad.

Rodarian
09-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Hmmmm.... There are truths to the comic..However if the girl knew the dude was on the shy side , she could have made the move on him... This isn't the 1800's :P

Clo
09-11-2010, 11:17 PM

I haven't been an active poster for quite some time.

My bad.

No, it's cool. I do think the comic is :bou::bou::bou::bou: though. I can't remember why. I'm at work so I don't feel like re-reading it and recalling why.

Shlup
09-11-2010, 11:29 PM
This strip makes a very valid point, but it does go too far. Yeah, the male character is in the wrong to be a boring sack of :bou::bou::bou::bou: and then dare to get pissy when the girl didn't just magically fall into his lap. How dare she not show interest in him, for clearly he was just friends with her this entire time because he wanted something more than friendship! Jeez.

But the whole "yeah I totally just love douchebags" thing is way over the line and pisses me off almost as much as the indignant nice guy thing.

That's why it's :bou::bou::bou::bou:, Clo, 'cause the girl confirms that she is only interested in Neanderthals, which is ridiculous.

Yeah, we did. Except that one was in EoEO.

Dignified Pauper
09-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Shlup, I know lots of girls like this. They love the frat-tastic douche-bags. I'm one of these girls.

Raistlin
09-12-2010, 01:15 AM
Like others have pointed out, this comic has been posted before and it was the general (and correct) consensus that they are both morons.

The guy is whiny idiot and the girl is a stereotypical, trashy bitch. There's really not much more to say.

Dignified Pauper
09-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Raistlin, just because you're often in that guy's shoes, is no reason to refer to her as a
trashy bitch.

That's not nice.

Raistlin
09-12-2010, 01:19 AM
But Shlup is a self-labeled bitch who looks and smells like she got dressed in a dump. What else should I call her?

Dignified Pauper
09-12-2010, 01:20 AM
So you admit it, you are in love with Shlup?

Shlup
09-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Shlup, I know lots of girls like this. They love the frat-tastic douche-bags. I'm one of these girls.
And therein lies one of the main differences between a "girl" and a "woman."

But Shlup is a self-labeled bitch who looks and smells like she got dressed in a dump. What else should I call her?
I am not a bitch.

And I smell amazing.

And these pants were only $3! You can't beat that with a stick!

Dignified Pauper
09-12-2010, 01:36 AM
And therein lies one of the main differences between a "girl" and a "woman."

I don't know what you're implying there, but if it's simply that you're old, and I'm young... then that's okay with me.

I am not a bitch.

And I smell amazing.

And these pants were only $3! You can't beat that with a stick!

I don't know about smell, and $3 pants tell me you're either amazingly efficient with money, or poor...

and I don't know if you're a bitch or not, I've never spoke with BJ. :\

nik0tine
09-12-2010, 02:07 AM
I gave up as soon as I saw the giant wall of text.

Dignified Pauper
09-12-2010, 02:08 AM
to be honest, so did I.

Pheesh
09-12-2010, 03:01 AM
But the whole "yeah I totally just love douchebags" thing is way over the line and pisses me off almost as much as the indignant nice guy thing.

That's why it's :bou::bou::bou::bou:, Clo, 'cause the girl confirms that she is only interested in Neanderthals, which is ridiculous.

I don't think it's so much saying that girls are interested in douches by default, so much as it's saying pissy guys don't give them a lot of choice.

Cuchulainn
09-12-2010, 03:15 AM
Iceglow's sister is MEAN!

Seriously that was dull reading and extremely one sided. I'd probably fit into the 'dickhead' category (sports,fighting here & there, alcohol, drugs, alcohol, lots of women etc) when I was younger but even I see that this long-winded bollox was the cartoon equivalent of writing the pros and cons of anything in two bits of paper, taking the pros & shoving them right up your arse & then presenting the cons as evidence. They're all hard to debunk & make sense but you don't see the whole picture.

Dignified Pauper
09-12-2010, 03:17 AM
Cuch, stop trying to be rational and just generalize with the rest of us.

Madame Adequate
09-12-2010, 03:54 AM
Here you are (http://forums.eyesonff.com/eyes-each-other/132535-now-i-get.html).

NorthernChaosGod
09-12-2010, 04:05 AM
The dude is a pussy and the girl is a bitch, end of story.

Crop
09-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Kinda weird that she chose the second after he grew one ball to beat him down with that wall of text. Guess he'll never be confessing his love to anyone again.

Iceglow
09-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Iceglow's sister is MEAN!

Look mate I did say don't hit on my sister she's a bitch but what did you go and do? Seriously listen to me in future! Otherwise I might have to flirt with your sister in revenge :P

As for the cartoon. It's full of sweeping generalizations and stereotypes but frankly theres some valid points in there, women do like to be challenged over things, not every little thing but well they like to know that whilst a fella will sit back and tolerate the crap they come up with for a while that they actually have a back bone and will stand up for themselves and their opinions and beliefs when it comes to it. Any guy who will sit there and agree with or do something that completely betrays his beliefs or opinions on a subject for a girls opinion/belief either doing it for the easy life or doing it because he wants in her pants won't keep the girl for long if he even manages to get the girl. However standing your ground and letting them know that whilst you respect them you don't agree with them at all will often end up scoring you far more points. Plus make up sex is great ;)

The male character depicted above is an extremely accurate depiction of a lot of "geeky" guys who believe being nothing but nice will get them somewhere in life and as the phrase says "nice guys finish last" you need to be a little bit of an asshole to get by in life and thats just in general. Some might say they wish it wasn't so but well thats human nature and so deal with it.

The female character depicted above is a bitch, theres no two ways around it, women like that exist and they generally do end up with the guys but then thats life. The difference is the girls of this type aren't often very well respected by the rest of the world, the term slut comes to mind.

Madame Adequate
09-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Man I just told Jess she was a dumb slut and she belongs to me, then I punched her in the face, and she has never been more in love with me. Being a prick totally works guys, try it on women immediately.

NorthernChaosGod
09-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Man I just told Jess she was a dumb slut and she belongs to me, then I punched her in the face, and she has never been more in love with me. Being a prick totally works guys, try it on women immediately.

Quote for fucking truth.

That's why I tell girls they're fat, they love me when I point out their flaws.

leader of mortals
09-12-2010, 05:59 PM
I wonder if I'm one of those nice guys. I know I'm always there for girls, and I don't ever say anything mean, really, but then I don't expect a girl to like me if I don't go after her. Instead, I get angry at myself that I didn't ask her out, or I do tell a girl that I like her when I do, if I'm comfortable to, anyway. I think it is extremely dickish to expect a girl from being nice. To be nice to a girl then ask her out and hope for the best is fine, but to expect a girl to see you as her savior is a horrible thing to do.

Aerith's Knight
09-12-2010, 06:07 PM
The only thing missing is the guy saying back: "Fine, that's your choice, but if you know what you're doing, could you stop bitching about it to me?"

Old Manus
09-12-2010, 06:31 PM
I treat a bitch like 7up

I never have, I never will

NorthernChaosGod
09-13-2010, 05:37 AM
The only thing missing is the guy saying back: "Fine, that's your choice, but if you know what you're doing, could you stop bitching about it to me?"

But then someone in the comic would actually be sane.

TyphoonThaReapa
09-13-2010, 11:05 AM
A'yo, TTR will break things down for you guys nice and sound.

First of all, if a nice guy so happens to finish last, it will never be for one reason. There will always be a combination of things which contribute to epic fail. I would go as far to say that some or most women would love to have nice guys. But, quite honestly, anybody can be nice. That's the primary reason just being nice won't cut it. Take a chance and go all or nothing before it's too late. Bitches--I mean, women love that!

Secondly, everyone loves a bitch. Why? Because their sooo easy to read and manipulate it's just too good to pass. Why do you think the girl in the comic had a few boyfriends prior to the one who was lonely and alone on a bench in a park? Why do you think guys are so easily attracted to them? It's not only because their pretty. Hell, I can find a pretty nerdy girl just as easy as I can find a pretty bitch. It's just that bitches are easier to catch than a nerdy sexy woman.

Third, If you think arguing and disagreeing all the time is "exciting" and "thrilling" you should up your game and stop being a pussy! Stop the arguing and start fist fighting! That's where it'll end if things get out of hand anyway right? Oh that's right, you have to think about police, and medical bills, and bail money, and restraining orders, and baby momma drama. Why would any person in their logically sound minds would even put themselves in this type of situation? They wouldn't. I tell you what I like. I like a challenge as well. I want a woman to not argue, but debate with me and go back and forward with all due respect, intelligence and cleverness...Just thinking about it is making my mouth watery and turning me on.

Last, but not least, if your having bad luck with relationships and have a guy friend that's so conveniently there to comfort you and listen to you, he is not the idiot. Not yet at least. You're the idiot to even think a guy is willing to give time and effort out of his life to you without strings attached. You have him eating out the palm of your hand and you don't even know it. A smart woman would realize that this guy is willing to give himself to me and me only and help him grow and become the man he wish to truly become. The gold digger would realize the same, but will milk him for everything he has in the process because he is under her spell, and the bitch would simple chew him up and spit him out not realizing she just lost one of the best friends she ever had in her life. Because trust me, a man like this would rather have you as a friend then not have you at all.

If you want the lyrical more upbeat version of why we oh so love and hate bitches, please listen to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoSgvi75IPM&feature=related) song...:cool:

Old Manus
09-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Sometimes I truly believe Typhoon is actually the GZA in disguise.

Meat Puppet
09-13-2010, 01:11 PM

Not just ridiculous, but sick. That’s close to bestiality.

Peegee
09-13-2010, 02:30 PM
since this is eoff gc can we post the nsfw ending to that?

NorthernChaosGod
09-13-2010, 03:15 PM

Yes.

Psychotic
09-13-2010, 03:40 PM
This thread is now the #1 result on Google for "selfish cowardly prick". Good job, team!

Shorty
09-13-2010, 03:41 PM
How do you find these things!

Peegee
09-13-2010, 03:45 PM

Yes.

Okay you post it then.

NorthernChaosGod
09-13-2010, 03:52 PM
I wonder if I'm one of those nice guys. I know I'm always there for girls, and I don't ever say anything mean, really, but then I don't expect a girl to like me if I don't go after her. Instead, I get angry at myself that I didn't ask her out, or I do tell a girl that I like her when I do, if I'm comfortable to, anyway. I think it is extremely dickish to expect a girl from being nice. To be nice to a girl then ask her out and hope for the best is fine, but to expect a girl to see you as her savior is a horrible thing to do.

The way I see it, the "nice guy" that is nice to girls and then bitches and moans that the girl never likes him isn't a nice guy at all. He's a douche that is trying to be manipulative and failing. A real nice guy wouldn't complain about his :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty luck with women, because he'd just care about being nice.

Peegee
09-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Stereotypes

NorthernChaosGod
09-13-2010, 04:18 PM
saiz teh azn

Peegee
09-13-2010, 04:26 PM
saiz teh azn

What? It's all stereotypes - you can't just say 'lol that's the nice guy cuz he does this that and that'. People get rejected all the time and the reasons for it are varied - it's not always because of a lack of 'confidence' (whatever that is) or some sort of claim that timing was off. Sometimes your chances with a girl are nil and the issue arises that you just simply don't think so / refuse to see it. Or a host of other possibilities.

I tend to think that the scenario as outlined by the jpg rarely happens exactly due to the reasons specified.

Also I really wish I had saved the girl version of that. FFUUU

Instead I guess I can just continue to make fun of the girl who hits on me at work

NorthernChaosGod
09-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Holy balls, you made a serious post? *dies*

|-THE redmage-|
09-14-2010, 02:20 AM
I've totally been that guy before.....and i know that girl! I went through this whole thing before (except for the enormous wall of text after the guy's confession). It's one of those "look back and laugh" deals.

theundeadhero
09-14-2010, 03:04 AM
It makes me laughs.

qwertysaur
09-14-2010, 04:32 AM
Weirder things have happened :p

Shiny
09-14-2010, 04:35 AM
Yeah I remember seeing this. They're both lame. I would gladly sleep hold them.

DMKA
09-14-2010, 04:50 AM
It's a valid point but the person making it is awfully stupid and has the right idea but the wrong reasoning behind it.

AntagonistGB
09-14-2010, 05:12 AM
tl;dr - Did she blowjabs him, or what?

I kinda am that guy, though if the girl I cared about said that to me in those exact words, I'd probably get the hell over her real fast. I let all my friends know I'm always here for them, but I don't think of myself as the typical doormat "nice" guy towards any of them.

TyphoonThaReapa
09-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Epic Ending To "The Nice Guy"

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzfNl0QxIwE)
And people wonder why chivalry is dead...:roll2

kotora
09-14-2010, 09:20 AM
and here I was thinking Tupac spent his youth being a total gangsta who spent all his time pimpin' hoes and busting caps in nigga asses.

TyphoonThaReapa
09-14-2010, 09:51 AM
and here I was thinking Tupac spent his youth being a total gangsta who spent all his time pimpin' hoes and busting caps in nigga asses.

Lol, assuming is so fun when you're willfully ignorant. No offense kotora son. Humans do it all the time. Hell, we do it so much, we don't even notice it a lot of the time...:cool:

kotora
09-14-2010, 12:41 PM

Lol, assuming is so fun when you're willfully ignorant. No offense kotora son. Humans do it all the time. Hell, we do it so much, we don't even notice it a lot of the time...:cool:

yeah maybe I shouldn't have assumed he was being honest in his songs. now that I'm reading the wikipedia article on him his life doesn't seem to be that much of a "thugz life". I feel like I can never trust another gangsta rapper again:cry:

TyphoonThaReapa
09-20-2010, 03:10 AM

yeah maybe I shouldn't have assumed he was being honest in his songs. now that I'm reading the wikipedia article on him his life doesn't seem to be that much of a "thugz life". I feel like I can never trust another gangsta rapper again:cry:

Congratulations! Welcome to reality son! ^_^

Mirage
09-22-2010, 12:12 AM
You forgot the version where the guy makes a comeback.

Fuzakeru
09-22-2010, 03:11 AM
This is why honesty is the best course of action always! :D If that guy were honest about how he felt before he could have been with her and realized that she was a judgmental, needy flake and he could leave her after a few months. In the end he'd find himself acquiring the achievement skill "Self Realization!" with the avatar shirt that say, "I have self worth!"

I agree that you gotta live life instead of just making commentary like you were the reincarnation of Statler and Waldrop over the internet all the time buuuuut then again, I find that to be a sexy attribute to a man. :3 I guess it all comes down to a good balance.

TyphoonThaReapa
09-22-2010, 05:04 AM
I agree that you gotta live life instead of just making commentary like you were the reincarnation of Statler and Waldrop over the internet all the time buuuuut then again, I find that to be a sexy attribute to a man. :3

Lev and Psy will be fighting over you in no time...XD...lol

Rodarian
09-22-2010, 09:37 AM

Omg you killed Julian... you bastard!!:mad2:

Pheesh
09-22-2010, 09:45 AM

Omg you killed Julian... you bastard!!:mad2:

And the women of EoFF rejoiced. For peace had befallen the land.

But little did they know... that Julian is no mere mortal :shifty:

NorthernChaosGod
09-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Now I r zombie.

Peegee
09-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Now I r zombie.

can I have your stuff now?

NorthernChaosGod
09-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Now I r zombie.

*eats PG's brain*

Peegee
09-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Now I r zombie.

*eats PG's brain*

Hah jokes on you I don't have one!

TyphoonThaReapa
09-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Peegee's right North. After years of passively interacting with me, he's pretty much a walking corpse as well. A'yo, snatch n run y'all!!!!!

*grabs peegee's and North's stuff and run*

Peegee
09-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Peegee's right North. After years of passively interacting with me, he's pretty much a walking corpse as well. A'yo, snatch n run y'all!!!!!

*grabs peegee's and North's stuff and run*

xD it's funny cuz yer a deli clerk

what?