PDA

View Full Version : Goodbyes

Badge
09-11-2010, 08:45 PM
So after a couple of months being back at home I return to Lancaster for my final year at University.

Saying goodbye to my parents and boyfriend is always sad :(

How are you with goodbyes?

With my parents I say goodbye and usually feel a bit sad, I sometimes cry when i see Smeep leave on the train!

Do you cry like a baby? Or stay strong and brave?!

Rodarian
09-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Well I get sad that I'm no longer with my friends in Toronto and doing the stuff I enjoy over there..But I never think its goodbye forever..Merely I'll see you when the time comes!! :D

Zeldy
09-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Funnily enough, I'm gonna be leaving home in literally a week to live in student accommodation. It'll be sad saying goodbye to my cat :( I'll be popping home every few weeks, but I plan to get a job whilst I'm there so It's going to be my permanent home. My boyfriend I won't be rid of, infact he's gonna be staying with me sometimes as it's actually closer to where he lives. :)

Agent Proto
09-11-2010, 09:13 PM
I don't say "goodbye", because that implies you may never see them again. I usually leave with a "see you later" for that reason, since I know I will see them again at some point in the future. :)

Chris
09-11-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't say "goodbye", because that implies you may never see them again. I usually leave with a "see you later" for that reason, since I know I will see them again at some point in the future. :)
My sentiments exactly. Never said a final goodbye to anyone before.

Shlup
09-12-2010, 12:23 AM
I'm usually fine with not seeing people for long periods of time.

Except for last fall, when BJ went on tour so I didn't see him for two months. I was an absolute fucking mess. People at the airport were comforting me. xD

nik0tine
09-12-2010, 12:31 AM
Goodbyes are awful.

Dignified Pauper
09-12-2010, 12:33 AM
There's nothing good about saying bye.

Fujiko
09-12-2010, 02:56 PM
I always say "Be safe" rather than "Goodbye", but if it's ppl really close to me and I'm not going to see them for a while I get really teary no matter how hard I try not to show it, but I never really cry. It's sad when you have to leave someone and v.v. for a long time 'cause you know you're going to miss them so much; they're not going to be as close/around the same way anymore and you never know when and if you'll ever see them again. And it gets a bit difficult to actually realise that on the day you/they are leaving.
However! You have to be brave when you/they leave to help them be brave as well! You'll hopefully see them again soon so if you stay positive it'll be alright. :kaoplain:

Iceglow
09-12-2010, 03:12 PM
I've only rarely been moved by emotion at goodbyes. I'm strong I guess. I get maybe a little moved if I'm never going to see that person again but when it's someone I know I'll see my reaction is, I will call, video call and visit them or they can visit me and that'll do for me. I do miss people when they're not around but I don't get teary eyed or emotional over it.

Laddy
09-12-2010, 05:46 PM
I don't think of them as goodbyes; I think of them as "See you Laters!'

Logie
09-13-2010, 04:57 AM
I say 'Take care!' because the word goodbye is teh sux. Yeah, I'm a baby usually. xD

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-13-2010, 06:42 AM
The few people I truly care about are a great distance from me, so I plan on saying hello first.

Jessweeee♪
09-13-2010, 06:58 AM
Before I moved in with my boyfriend I only got to see him for two visits because we lived in different parts of the country. Whenever we had to go back to normal life I'd cry for a week, especially the second time because I knew it'd be six months or longer before I saw him again. I think some people thought I was on my way to/from a funeral because I happened to be in a lot of black that day and I couldn't stop crying :(

Jiro
09-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Til next time, take care of yourself yeah?

Peegee
09-13-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm usually fine with not seeing people for long periods of time.

Except for last fall, when BJ went on tour so I didn't see him for two months. I was an absolute smurfing mess. People at the airport were comforting me. xD

=D that made me smile

I don't say goodbyes; I just leave.