PDA

View Full Version : Got To Up My EoFF Interest Again

Evastio
09-14-2010, 01:15 AM
...yeah. I lost interest in this place for a whole month, and I've somehow convinced myself to come back.

I joined the Serenes Forest Forums a while back which is probably a contributing factor to me turning my back to EoFF (yeah, I'm a traitor, I know). And what's sad not only for you, but for me, is that I actually trust the pepole there with my real life and talk about it quite frequently (well, mostly in this one member's usernotes), and I'm not playing the whole Mystery Man X role that I do here. Maybe I should just start over here and be a real, actual human being like the rest of you, even if it means I won't stand out or I won't have fun flaunting my secrecy around.

The thing is, I want to have fun here on EoFF again, but I'm not finding much threads that interest me anymore (especially since there's more sex/alcohol/dirty fun topics than before). I swear, even if strawberry or Pikachu threads start flooding General Chat again, I'll probably post in them quite a bit, because frankly, I find it to be much more ethical fun than all those aforementioned things. I don't know. Maybe that's not actually the problem. Maybe I'm just pointing fingers at things that I think are causing problems, but aren't. I guess the fact that General Chat is one of the only forums that are active, may also be a factor to me leaving. I know that most people here are barely even interested in Final Fantasy anymore, but I find it pretty ridiculous that no new posts will show up in some of the FF Forums for half a week.

Sorry for all the rambling. I guess in conclusion, I want you guys to talk some sense into me so I start liking EoFF again, or help me find something exciting that I can do here so I can stay active on EoFF.

Clo
09-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Why don't you start some ethical/serious threads about some topics you want to have fun with/explore?

Also, I know I'm a newbie and this probably didn't apply to me, but I want to geek out by saying my interest in Final Fantasy hasn't waned even slightly since I was 7. :jess:

Jessweeee♪
09-14-2010, 06:36 AM
The thing is, I want to have fun here on EoFF again, but I'm not finding much threads that interest me anymore (especially since there's more sex/alcohol/dirty fun topics than before).

I find myself posting in fewer threads for the same reason. I cba to make my own though, so I've just resigned myself to posting in fewer threads.

Agent Proto
09-14-2010, 06:42 AM
The best time to have fun on EoFF is when several events are going on. There's been quite a few over the summer that you've missed out on. You could have enjoyed yourself if you had joined in. I like to have fun, but I don't see posting in serious threads and getting myself into heated debates with Raistlin/Yeargdribble/etc is not really my idea of having fun. Some may enjoy that kind of thing, but it's not for me.

Shlup
09-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Would it help if I banned Laddy?

Bunny
09-14-2010, 06:55 AM

It would help forever.

Pheesh
09-14-2010, 08:19 AM
The best time to have fun on EoFF is when several events are going on. There's been quite a few over the summer that you've missed out on. You could have enjoyed yourself if you had joined in. I like to have fun, but I don't see posting in serious threads and getting myself into heated debates with Raistlin/Yeargdribble/etc is not really my idea of having fun. Some may enjoy that kind of thing, but it's not for me.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts.

There was a point there when the writer's corner was getting lots of new stories over a short period of time, so I'm hoping that'll happen again soon.

qwertysaur
09-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Everyone needs a break once in a while. :p

Work on frontsite content if you want something to do. [/shameless plug]

Fujiko
09-14-2010, 03:12 PM

It would help forever.

Aww, you meanies. :p

Old Manus
09-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Maybe I should just start over here and be a real, actual human being like the rest of you, even if it means I won't stand out or I won't have fun flaunting my secrecy around.You say this every freaking time you make a thread.

Peegee
09-14-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm still here. Nuff said.

ps: can I has your stuff?

Crop
09-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Also, I know I'm a newbie

Wtf, you're right. I could have sworn you'd been here for years.

Anyway, to the OP: I think you're taking your 'comeback' a little too seriously. I drift in and out of these forums every few months, sometimes not posting for months on end. I just post where I feel like it, keep it casual. That's what it's aaaaallll about.

Shorty
09-17-2010, 02:51 PM
The great thing about a forum like this is that if you find it to be a bore, you can create entertaining topics or events instead of complaining about things!

If everyone felt that it was the rest of the community's responsibility to make this place interesting, it probably would have gone down a long time ago.

Loony BoB
09-17-2010, 03:03 PM
When people want to gain more interest in EoFF, I close it down! :mwahaha:

Chris
09-17-2010, 03:47 PM
A month? Try four years. :D

I suppose finding or starting threads that thrills you, would naturally guarantee in a newfound interest, and perhaps an even more permanent stay.

Evastio
09-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Hmm... Maybe starting Usernote Conversations might also help maintain my interest here on EoFF. I mean, that's how it is with the SF Forums thanks to this one member who talks to me a lot.

I find myself posting in fewer threads for the same reason. I cba to make my own though, so I've just resigned myself to posting in fewer threads.
I'm glad to know I'm not alone with this.

The great thing about a forum like this is that if you find it to be a bore, you can create entertaining topics or events instead of complaining about things!

I suppose finding or starting threads that thrills you, would naturally guarantee in a newfound interest, and perhaps an even more permanent stay.
I've already made a new thread.

Badge
09-18-2010, 02:37 AM
The thing is, I want to have fun here on EoFF again, but I'm not finding much threads that interest me anymore (especially since there's more sex/alcohol/dirty fun topics than before).

I agree with both these statements. I've found that most threads I start about things I find interesting usually don't get much interest so I don't post as many anymore. Maybe I shouldn't give up too quickly! :D

Mo-Nercy
09-18-2010, 11:55 AM
My interest tends to come and go. Sometimes I get into a post frenzy, but other times, I might go without posting for a couple of days.

EoFF is still awesomesauce.

Jessweeee♪
09-19-2010, 12:22 AM

I agree with both these statements. I've found that most threads I start about things I find interesting usually don't get much interest so I don't post as many anymore. Maybe I shouldn't give up too quickly! :D

Yeah, it's still plenty of fun for me posting here, my posts are just a little less widespread for now xD

black orb
09-21-2010, 06:18 AM
>>> I mostly come here just to lurk, thats interesting enough for me..:luca:

Rodarian
09-21-2010, 07:37 AM
You know I too post slightly less than before because I lack of a decent involving thread... I mean I only post on few forum section as it is but I find too many strawberries and kitties...Sorry Monda....

bennator
10-31-2010, 04:00 PM
A month? Try four years. :D

Four years is a pretty good time to be inactive, I'd say.

In reality, interests change over time, and life intervenes...I wouldn't "worry" about a month or two long absence.

Roto13
10-31-2010, 04:24 PM
.Maybe I should just start over here and be a real, actual human being like the rest of you, even if it means I won't stand out or I won't have fun flaunting my secrecy around.

You've been doing this for years and apparently you still haven't realized how little anyone cares. :P

Linus
10-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Hey, me too!

Alive-Cat
11-01-2010, 06:21 PM
I actually never really lost interest in ye old EoFF boards, I sort of lost interest for a few months and then in that time forgot every detail required to sign back into my account. Not being bothered with the effort to try and get back in, I didn't come back for two years or something like that. :p
I've never been a member on another forum. Most forums bore me, except for this one. I have to admit it's not exactly the same as it was like five years ago, it seemed a lot more active then, but then that's what all the older members than me say about almost 10 years ago. So yeah. I actually don't have a point here. :)

Would it help if I started making some threads more to your taste in general chat? And started posting in every single thread in every single board? ESPECIALLY the Final Fantasy ones!? :hyper:
OKAY. THIS IS IT. MY DECLARATION. I am going to bring back EoFF for you, Evastio! And I'm going to flaunt my secretative Alive-Man persona around the whole time! :D

Peegee
11-01-2010, 06:50 PM
wait OP mentioned he wanted some pokemon

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/22/Spr_4d_025_m.png http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2f/Spr_4h_025_m.png http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e3/Spr_3e_025.gif http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/22/Spr_4d_025_m.png

escobert
11-01-2010, 07:39 PM
The lack of interesting threads happens. I've been coming here for around a decade. it's bound to happen.

Peegee
11-01-2010, 09:23 PM
The lack of interesting threads happens. I've been coming here for around a decade. it's bound to happen.

Just post the last pic you posted before you got b&

escobert
11-01-2010, 09:32 PM
If I could find it I would! but it seems to have disappeared since I posted it. Also I was in New Zealand when I posted so I dunno if that would effect my search results :p

Peegee
11-01-2010, 09:48 PM
If I could find it I would! but it seems to have disappeared since I posted it. Also I was in New Zealand when I posted so I dunno if that would effect my search results :p

just make some less than creative search attempts in google until you find something. Sheesh.

escobert
11-01-2010, 10:19 PM
But I don't wanna get banned :(

Christmas
05-13-2022, 03:04 AM
Apparently everyone failed to up his interest and he left. Shame on everyone of you! :mymelbert:

Christmas
05-13-2022, 01:12 PM
Actually how does everyone keep up their interest with this place? Especially people that frequent this place way more than me.

Quindiana Jones
05-13-2022, 04:07 PM
Also, I know I'm a newbie

Wtf, you're right. I could have sworn you'd been here for years.

Fucking retweet. Can't believe Clo only joined in 2010!

I don't try to keep my "interest" up, per se. Something doesn't need to be useful to be loved. :love:

I come to EoFF mostly every day because it makes me happy. I have some nice usernote chats going on with some nice people, but mostly it's just nice to be here and peruse. :)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-15-2022, 10:08 PM
Actually how does everyone keep up their interest with this place? Especially people that frequent this place way more than me.

At this point people should be asking you that question instead of the other way around :grover: