PDA

View Full Version : Updates from the "Prerelease Party" in Japan... good ones!

Loony BoB
09-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Going from various sites... I'll focus on issues which people felt needing addressing first and then throw in the extras afterwards.

Regarding common complaints
- Hardware Mouse will be implemented.
- SE have apologised for the item selection/UI/mouse lag and they stated the release will be a massive improvement, and that it is one of their primary focuses.
- Cooldown on guildleves will be decreased from the existing 48 hours.
- If you fail a leve, you can go to the NPC who issued it and retry, or something like that. This will help for those who crash during a levequest.
- Anima will regenerate faster.

Other neat info
- This I find pretty awesome... crafters will be able to work together on large scale projects such as boats, wedding cakes and cannons. BOATS. CANNONS. wtf.
- There will be multi-month discount packages for subscriptions - three and six month packages, I think.
- Stat distribution will affect crafting and gathering as well as magic/melee.
- They stated something like that there will be no "open world" notorious monsters outside of leves... which means no camping, I guess!
- Notorious Monsters may be leve-only, however they will "make a Malboro look small".
- New hairstyles and for those who wish to, the ability to change hairstyle.
- Level cap will be 50 at release.
- There will be leves that crafters and war/magic classes will need to co-operate.

There are rumours of PVP too, and I hope that's not true. :( Waiting on further info for that end. If it is true, hopefully it's very limited. I'm not a fan of PVP at all, personally.

EDIT: They have spoken of things to do with commerce but no word on having an Auction House. They want to focus on the bazaar system it seems, not really convincing in what they're saying but it is just rough translations I'm reading. They want to 'improve on it' and they want sellers to be more willing to "play the market" or something. I'm not sure how this will work out.

A chunk of word on battle regimens but I don't understand regimens as I've not used them yet, so I'll just leave that news for now.

Miriel
09-18-2010, 08:15 PM
That's great that there fixing a lot of the issues that people had with beta. If they keep going this way, I'm excited for the state the game will be in at the ps3 launch.

Loony BoB
09-18-2010, 08:26 PM
BUT I WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU BEFORE MARCH. ;_; I was so looking forward to doing those low level runs with you 'cause damn they are hard in this game if you go to certain areas. Possibly impossible... unless you have enough people to distract various enemies and one of you can get through in the midst of it all. A race would have been awesome.

Miriel
09-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Log in every day, kill one monster and then log off. That way, you'll still be low level by the time we get to March. :p

Loony BoB
09-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Boooooooooooooooooooooo. :(