PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer!!!

Carl the Llama
09-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Yeps the is an Awesomesauce trailer released just a few days ago ^^

110% Awesomesauce trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC510DpbU0)

Freya
09-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Oooooo pretty! I need a new graphics card to play this though :/ It's going to eat my computer.

Loony BoB
09-18-2010, 01:08 AM
I quite liked the personalities of the two characters that actually talked throughout, they were neat. Wouldn't mind seeing more of them, although I suspect that they were for the intro only.

That dragon is epic. Bahamut, I assume?

Carl the Llama
09-18-2010, 03:14 AM
seeing that he did the Mega Flare to destroy that ship I can only assume it is so, I have also been told that you can see the ship in the background of the game when playing but I'm not sure if this is true or not... can't wait till Wednesday ^^

Miriel
09-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Freakin' BEAUTIFUL trailer. Seriously so lush and gorgeous.

But I really didn't enjoy the premise of the trailer. It felt too much like a gimmick, like something you'd see in a commercial for soda. You guys know the one I'm talking about, where someone takes a swig of soda and they're suddenly transported to a different place and then he comes back and the friends are like, "dude, you ok?"

I felt like it really showed off the graphics of the game rather than immerse you into the story and mythology, and your role as an adventurer. I enjoyed the battle scene though, that was awesome and felt really epic. The second part of the trailer was kinda lame though.

Del Murder
09-18-2010, 11:59 PM
I liked the voices and the graphics but I wish it showed more about the backstory of Eorzea.

Loony BoB
09-19-2010, 12:09 AM
I think it's supposed to show you more about the style of the game, the things you do, than it is to show you the storyline. The storyline is shown to you via the other stuff. I think.

Carl the Llama
09-19-2010, 01:57 AM
This is the start of the game, its the new intro trailer, even so much so that when you play the game you can allegedly see the ship Bahamut shot down with Mega Flare in the background, I get the feeling that is why they did not show more of the story, its the prelude commencing the game and the game itself will elaborate more on this.

Not sure if this is true or not just what I have been told.

Miriel
09-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Well yes, we realize that it's the opening of the game, but the opening of FFXI was insanely good in setting up the mythology of the game, immersing you in the world of Vana'diel, and getting you excited to plunge into your role as an adventurer.

But I consider FFXI's beginning to be probably the best one in the entire series, so it's a lot to live up to.

Del Murder
09-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Yeah I feel the same. I only hope that FFXIV's mythology is as deep as FFXI (which I don't doubt it will be but I didn't get a sense of that from the trailer), because the storylines were one of the best things about FFXI.

Loony BoB
09-19-2010, 09:08 AM
I have to concede it doesn't seem as though it has much to do with the storyline. But from what I've read within the beta and seen online in a wiki (for places I can't get to) the mythology is pretty sound, yeah.

I don't believe that the ship was destroyed just as the game begins - I believe that it was destroyed by the "bad guys" (Galdanian empire? I forget) that struck down a city or two in recent times but then apparently that same enemy just... stopped it's attack once they had destroyed a specific city and left the others alone. For some reason. Which is what you have to find out in the game, it seems... the Ul'Dah storyline at least is linked to this.