PDA

View Full Version : Scarves

Rye
09-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Maximum temperature control! It's scarf time again, finally!

Do you like scarves? Do you have a huge collection like me? Do you prefer heavier weights, like crochet/knit and pashmina, or do you like thin spring time scarves?

Logie
09-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Scarves are fantastic! I started wearing them a couple of years ago when I believed they made me look sophisticated. XD
I was in Wellington (NZ's "Windy City") earlier this year and the weather was so savage that my scarf was caught in a gust and ended up on the road. :(

I need to go scarf shopping again soon! :D

Seraphic
09-17-2010, 05:56 PM
I love scarves! I just wish I lived in weather that I could actually wear them,lol.
Although when I went to New York around late winter, the heavy knit ones were my favorite.

Rye
09-17-2010, 06:03 PM
That's kind of how I feel right now. XD It's still fairly warm in NY, and I'm so prepared to put on my chunky knit apparel and live in cold weather.

Shiny
09-17-2010, 06:13 PM
I have about four or five scarves. I use to not wear scarves, but they've become imperative when traveling around in the NYC gale force winds. I prefer pashmina, but other material proves to be better at shielding the wind.

escobert
09-17-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm a straight male I don't wear scarves.

fire_of_avalon
09-17-2010, 07:02 PM
I have one scarf I wear pretty religiously during cold weather. I guess it's pashmina style, but it's a tapestry scarf. I should take a picture of it...

I'm also knitting myself a hat for this winter. I started it last winter. It should be done around May 2024.

Clo
09-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Considering how cold it gets in WNY, if I didn't wear scarves, I would die of hypothermia.

My favorite scarf that I own is this big ugly mix-matched colors one.

Seraphic
09-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Ugly ones are always the most comfy x3

Freya
09-17-2010, 09:58 PM
I love scarves! It's still way to hot here to wear them though. I'm waiting until I can pull out my scarves and hats for the fall/winter months.

NorthernChaosGod
09-17-2010, 11:34 PM
I have one gray lambswool scarf because below 60 degrees and I freeze my balls off.

Logie
09-18-2010, 01:51 PM
I have one gray lambswool scarf because below 60 degrees and I freeze my balls off.

..where do you wear your scarf? :p Or do you have neck-balls?

Rebellious Eagle
09-18-2010, 02:34 PM
I love scarves! I used to wear them all the time. I like the light kind, because they can go with any outfit. :D

NorthernChaosGod
09-18-2010, 03:16 PM

..where do you wear your scarf? :p Or do you have neck-balls?

My balls hang low, so I tie 'em in a bow.

Rantz
09-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Like NCG I have a gray scarf (masculine colour to counteract the gay!). Though I generally don't wear it until it's either around/below zero (that's in the 30s in F) or very windy.

Chris
09-18-2010, 07:06 PM
A lot of girls here wear scarves all year long, regardless of the season. This seems intriguingly abnormal to me, if I may ponder.

I don't like wearing scarves anymore. I don't like the choking sensation. :D

Chloe.
09-18-2010, 08:55 PM
I love scarves! I especially love wearing the big knit ones in the winter when it's really cold ♥

I'll probably end up buying a few new ones this year :jess:

NorthernChaosGod
09-19-2010, 02:36 AM
Like NCG I have a gray scarf (masculine colour to counteract the gay!). Though I generally don't wear it until it's either around/below zero (that's in the 30s in F) or very windy.

xD I just got gray because I couldn't wear a black one with my black peacoat.

Breine
09-19-2010, 10:37 PM
I friggin' dig scarves! I have around 15-20 different kinds of scarves, and I'll wear them whenever I feel like it. It doesn't necessarily have to be determined by what season it is (although, I obviously wear them a hell of a lot more during Autumn and Winter than I do during summer - where it's mostly only at night anyway).

Some of my favourite scarves are the ones I bought during my travels. I regret not buying more in e.g. India and Nepal.
- My collection of scarves is ever-expanding.

Shiny
09-20-2010, 01:07 AM
India scarves are the best imo.

NorthernChaosGod
09-20-2010, 03:49 AM
I friggin' dig scarves! I have around 15-20 different kinds of scarves, and I'll wear them whenever I feel like it. It doesn't necessarily have to be determined by what season it is (although, I obviously wear them a hell of a lot more during Autumn and Winter than I do during summer - where it's mostly only at night anyway).

Some of my favourite scarves are the ones I bought during my travels. I regret not buying more in e.g. India and Nepal.

Pics of you and your scarf collection.

Shiny
09-20-2010, 04:15 AM
You just want to see pictures of him.

Breine x Julian 2010

NorthernChaosGod
09-20-2010, 06:33 AM
I call pitcher.

Rodarian
09-20-2010, 06:54 AM
The only time I can wear scarves is in Jan.. Its the onyl time the weather gets super cold....

I have only a few scarves and most of them are cotton types...In the summer I usually place it in new location such as wear snow places his scarf..Which he totally copied me btw!!!

Jiro
09-20-2010, 12:43 PM
I need to buy more scarves. Maybe now the temperature is rising the prices will come down and I can get a whole bunch.

Peegee
09-20-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't need more than one - I have my cashmere scarf that matches my jacket and that's all I need.

Mo-Nercy
09-20-2010, 03:23 PM
I love scarves. I have a whole bunch, though the colour of most are combinations of grey and black. All except my beloved footy scarf, of course. That's blue and white and reads Bulldogs! Most of them are thick woollen ones too.. not really practical for where I live, even in the middle of winter.

Inferno
09-20-2010, 04:02 PM
I hate wearing them, but for an unknown reason, a girl wearing one is automatically cuter

Otis_Glicker
09-20-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm wearing one in my profile picture. I like it.

Breine
09-20-2010, 04:59 PM
India scarves are the best imo.

Yes.

Pics of you and your scarf collection.

Like, me wearing each and everyone of them? xD

You just want to see pictures of him.

Breine x Julian 2010

I call pitcher.

<3

NorthernChaosGod
09-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Like, me wearing each and everyone of them? xD

...yes :shifty: