PDA

View Full Version : CRUSHING DISAPPOINTMENT

fire_of_avalon
09-17-2010, 06:35 PM
For the past year and a half I have been at war. A long, arduous war waged between my sense of propriety, my sense of thrift and my desire. I wanted boots. I wanted supple leather cowboy style boots. Because while I am a barefoot hillbilly to the core, it gets really freaking cold in the winter and my sensibilities tell me to shod myself with something that can stand up to coldness and wetness.

But boots cost money. Money I'm trying to save. So I would covet from a distance, until today. Today I decided, "What the hell." I can afford it. I will use it. It will appear decently on me. And by god I like it.

So I bought some. I tried on 4 pairs and took a new pair home. After running my errands for the day, I settled in and pulled them on. I stood and stretched my toes. I wandered about my house breaking them in. I decided to do the few last chores of the day wearing them. I loaded up our bag of garbage and headed for the dump, not knowing what was waiting for me...

Upon arrival, I unloaded my car, hefted the bag in my hand and heard a splat. I looked down. Oozing down the side of my brand new boot was motor oil. I'd worn them for less than 10 minutes.

Tell me of your most recent or most memorable crushing disappointment. (Don't be a snark, I know this is comparably ridiculous.)

Rye
09-17-2010, 06:40 PM
If that happened to me, I would let out the most guttural scream heard only once before (when a person locked the train door in our faces, when Hux and I were rushing to get onto a train to the midlands from London; the scream was so horrible and loud that people all over stared. ROFL.)

EDIT: Actually, I screamed like that also when some jerk-off parked like a tard and I couldn't get out of my spot without pulling out and pulling in and adjusting my car slowly many times, holding up traffic. It freaked Huxley right the fuck out.

Point still stands though - that suckssss, foa! =(

TyphoonThaReapa
09-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Well, that sucks...XD...lol. A'yo, foa son, you know, during the time of cowboys and good ole fashioned rutin' tutin' draws, cowboy's step in horse dung all the time. So, chill...LMAO

Well, I'm trying my best to manage my time on this planet more in the favor of self growth and inner pleasure, than satisfying urges and habits. So far, it's somewhat a struggle lol.

Shorty
09-17-2010, 09:01 PM
I shrieked when my dog demolished my favorite heels - these, but in black:

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii325/demosthynes/heels.jpg

I can't find them anywhere to replace. :(

damn it foa, you've got me shoe shopping.

Rye
09-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Oh, I had ones just like that, but in black, and the it was wedge heels. They were SO nice and comfy, but the strap broke at work and I had to hobble around the rest of the day. XD

DMKA
09-18-2010, 02:18 PM
It's getting to be long pants time again here, so I went to put on my favorite pair of jeans yesterday and they've somehow shrunk over the summer.

:onoes:

NorthernChaosGod
09-18-2010, 03:16 PM
It's getting to be long pants time again here, so I went to put on my favorite pair of jeans yesterday and they've somehow shrunk over the summer.

:onoes:

Are you sure that's it?

Chris
09-18-2010, 07:24 PM
[Insert fat joke and be killed by Devil May Kick Ass >>>><<<<]

My crushing disappoint of the week was when I failed at baking the cake I had been pondering about baking for a ridiculously long time now. I pondered and pondered, and didn't realise that something was clearly being destroyed right next to me. Opened the oven, and the cake no longer resembled a cake, but a burnt cake.

Seraphic
09-18-2010, 07:54 PM
I got this email the other day from my old job at school about a return check they had received and they wanted to know my address to send it the right way.
So I was all excited about getting money finally when on my way home from said school, I got pulled over for an expired license plate tag.
New money through a funnel :/

Miriel
09-18-2010, 08:23 PM
omg, foa. :( :( :(

I would have cried!

I wouldn't call it a crushing disappointment, more like a infuriating disappointment, but I recently hired someone to do some work for me. And their work was :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Like complete unusable :bou::bou::bou::bou:. But I had already paid them for the time they worked for me and I can't exactly be like, "excuse me, give me back the money." The girl was unemployed and has a baby too, so I didn't want to be a complete bitch. But man, I wanted to throttle her.

Rye
09-18-2010, 08:25 PM
omg, foa. :( :( :(

I would have cried!

I wouldn't call it a crushing disappointment, more like a infuriating disappointment, but I recently hired someone to do some work for me. And their work was :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Like complete unusable :bou::bou::bou::bou:. But I had already paid them for the time they worked for me and I can't exactly be like, "excuse me, give me back the money." The girl was unemployed and has a baby too, so I didn't want to be a complete bitch. But man, I wanted to throttle her.

Oh that sounds like the worst, because feel you guilty being angry, and can't just get your money back. You can't just fume, you have to contain yourself. I had something similar happen recently - I paid for someone to make me fabric label tags, and they were soooo nice and helpful, except what they sent me as the finished result was this horrible papery fabric that was completely unusable and un-sewable. Sux. =(

I did end up getting my money back, though I felt like a total monster asking for it, since they were so nice. I ended giving them good feedback anyway for their customer service, so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad!