PDA

View Full Version : House Season 7

Raistlin
09-17-2010, 07:02 PM
It starts on Monday, just a couple of days away! Who's excited?

What do you think about House and Cuddy? Will they last? How about Thirteen leaving for a while?

Discuss the perpetual awesomeness of House.

DUKE004
09-17-2010, 07:15 PM
I didn't know it was starting already that's awesome can't wait.

Bunny
09-17-2010, 07:18 PM
What do you think about House and Cuddy? Will they last?

Honestly, I hope they don't last more than a small story arc at the beginning. House in state of happiness isn't the House that I want to watch on television. I don't watch the show for the doctor drama, I watch it to see how big of a douchebag Hugh Laurie is to his co-workers, patients, and friends. It was a nice touch on the season 6 finale, but if it lasts too long into season 7, I'll be sorely disappointed.

How about Thirteen leaving for a while?

When they first introduced her, I didn't really care for Thirteen (Amber was better). As the last season progressed, I became more fond of her until the point where they threw her into a relationship with Foreman (which I felt was somewhat forced). I ignored her for the duration and when they finally broke up, I was more interested in her. I hope she does come back eventually with a different sort of twist in her character (though not too glaring, like.. not primarily into chicks anymore) but I don't expect her to return until the 4th or 5th episode. We'll see though.

All-in-all, I'm excited to watch the new season but if it becomes too formulaic (moreso formulaic?) then I won't be too disappointed, there are better shows on this September.

Raistlin
09-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Honestly, I hope they don't last more than a small story arc at the beginning. House in state of happiness isn't the House that I want to watch on television. I don't watch the show for the doctor drama, I watch it to see how big of a douchebag Hugh Laurie is to his co-workers, patients, and friends. It was a nice touch on the season 6 finale, but if it lasts too long into season 7, I'll be sorely disappointed.

People voiced this same concern ("what if they make House too happy???") before season 6 started, when it was revealed House would be getting therapy. That concern proved baseless, and it will prove baseless again. Regardless how long the relationship lasts, the writers have demonstrated they know how to do House, and that they won't magically change him. House has changed, sometimes significantly, but it has been expressed in subtle, realistic ways that stay true to the same grumpy, bitterly sarcastic House. That's not going to change.

Old Manus
09-19-2010, 01:51 PM
The series needs more two-episode breaks from the hospital, like the first two episodes of Season 6 in the mental home, which were unfortunately the best in the Season and left the rest on a bit of a downer. I've gotten bored of the same formulaic House-chooses-erratic-treatment-and-proves-everyone-wrong-at-the-end plotlines.

Madame Adequate
09-19-2010, 06:36 PM
What Wes said. House has very good writers and have made him evolve significantly, but have done so extremely well, without removing the core of the character or, indeed, the show.

I cannot wait.

Raistlin
09-21-2010, 03:53 AM
The 13 twist is intriguing and I'm interested in what happened to her. House and Cuddy may actually work out for a while, though I see plenty of arguing at the hospital in their future.

A promising start.

Shorty
09-21-2010, 04:09 AM
I'm excited about House and Cuddy. As for being concerned about House being too happy, I think it's been clearly demonstrated that he knows exactly how to screw things up when it's going well for him. I do hope it lasts long enough to make an impression in the storyline, though.

Madame Adequate
09-21-2010, 05:32 AM
They spent six seasons teasing this; I'm pretty sure they're not going to end it after a couple of episodes and have it all be a minor aside.

It will be very interesting to see how they deal with it when House wants to try some deranged/genius treatment which Cuddy has to reject for reasons of being sane.

Also That may have been the most tasteful, least awkward sex scene I've ever watched.

Shorty
09-21-2010, 05:34 AM
I figured out the season. Cuddy is going to have something wrong with her and House is going to have to figure out what it is and save her life, but he'll probably have to choose between her and the president or something.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE SURVIVOR.

Doomie
09-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Really? I love House, and I've seen every episode WAY more than once. But that episode sucked.

Raistlin
09-28-2010, 06:31 AM
The opener was a little slow, but this episode was very good. I would've liked more Wilson, because Wilson-House bantering is the most entertaining part of the show, but I can deal. The part where House and Cuddy prove their relationship to Wilson was hilarious (Wilson has the best facial expressions). I am also glad House and Cuddy are back to arguing, which is also always great.

Doomie
10-04-2010, 11:31 PM
I have to admit. I'm five minutes into last week's episode, and it's that much better. Love Wilson.

Raistlin
10-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Another good episode. House and Cuddy are becoming even more entertaining together (if only because they get more consistent airtime), though still not as awesome as House and Wilson. House's obsession with a cheesy book series also fit him perfectly.

Raistlin
10-12-2010, 02:15 AM
Very entertaining episode. I love House inventing all those crazy, complex reasons for Chase hiring the new girl... and then revealing at the end that Foreman's simple explanation was obviously right all along. So he found that picture and invented that whole explanation involving Chase's mom... just to screw with Chase. That is so House.

Doomie
10-15-2010, 02:50 AM
While I do think House and Cuddy make a great couple, and I do enjoy watching them, their airtime means there's less Wilson, whom I find provides the most entertaining banter. Still, the show is more enjoyable than its been in a long while.

Baloki
10-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Look, you can't tell me the morally right thing to do as your escaping through the window!
I'm not even supposed to be here!

exDee

Raistlin
10-20-2010, 11:35 PM
I agree, very enjoyable episode. Any episode with House and Wilson getting into trouble has to be a good one.

Madame Adequate
10-21-2010, 04:45 AM
This season is really great so far. Mind you, the patients have taken a back seat to a degree that is rare even for this show - on the other hand I don't care because I love House and Cuddy, and I love House and Wilson, so I'm pretty much on cloud nine watching every episode.

NorthernChaosGod
10-21-2010, 07:16 AM
House got told on. XD

kotora
10-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Is this new season any better so far than that horrible train wreck called season 6?

Raistlin
10-26-2010, 04:12 AM
How was season 6 a train wreck? It had an amazing start, entertaining episodes in the middle (including a couple of noteworthy ones), and ended with two great episodes. Not much more you can ask for.

If you like House, Wilson, and Cuddy, then season 7 is excellent.

NorthernChaosGod
11-10-2010, 07:23 AM
ForemanxTaub is hilarious. I laughed so hard when Taub challenged Foreman to basketball.

I think the new addition to the team is pretty interesting, I'll wait to see where this goes before making any sort of judgment.

Raistlin
11-10-2010, 04:58 PM
I like the new team member. She is a brainier, more awkward Cameron from season 1-2.

Also, I don't know how Cuddy can be too surprised that House faked that test, but I think this will be the first real test of their relationship. And the Senator's Hep C is still evidence of the patient's, and pretty strong if the patient admitted to sex/drugs/whatever, so I'm not sure why House didn't try that route first if he was so worried.

Madame Adequate
11-17-2010, 04:54 AM
I like Masters a lot.

Mirage
11-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Masters is really amusing and I hope she lasts for quite a few episodes.

Raistlin
11-23-2010, 06:00 PM
Another good House episode. House mocking religious idiots is always good times. And I still like Masters. Taub is getting a bit annoying, though.

Also, that bitch! House totally called it, that harpy.

Mirage
11-23-2010, 09:11 PM
After this episode I'm kinda worried that Masters is gonna leave.