PDA

View Full Version : Mad Men

Seraphic
09-18-2010, 12:39 AM
I started watching this recently and now I'm near the end of the second season and just wanted to know if anyone else watched it?

It's about this ad agency on Madison Avenue that takes place in the 60's and the lives of the people who work there and stuff, it's really fascinating.

Miriel
09-18-2010, 01:20 AM
I *love* this show.

I didn't at first. At first I thought it was interesting, a little boring, but beautiful to look at. But it's creeped up on me and I find myself totally engrossed in every single episode. The show is a slow burn. There are times when not much happens, but the glances, the short clipped dialogue that reveals nothing and everything, it's such an intimate and layered and quietly powerful show. There's really nothing like it on TV right now. It's utterly brilliant.

And you know, there's Jon Hamm, that GQ mothersmurfer. <3

Seraphic
09-18-2010, 07:35 PM
I completely agree!
The first two episodes or so I wasn't really feeling it that much,just liked the costumes and such. I heard it's kinda slow at first so I kept at it, and now I'm in love with these characters!
I like how when you think you know a character, they do something that's completely left field and it keeps you guessing.

Jon Hamm is fancy in his 60's getup but I think Christina Hendricks takes the cake in this show.
She's the epitome of fancy <3

Pheesh
09-18-2010, 08:40 PM
I've just finished season 1 and will probably get hold of season 2 soon. I do like it, I think that some of the character arcs are very interesting and I like looking back at how life was lived then. I find some of the 60's lifestyle aspects they explore very interesting.

It's not an amazing TV show across all aspects, but there's not many shows on TV that I really enjoy anymore. So it's nice to see one that I can watch and get into.

Miriel
10-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Is no one else watching this?

This past season has been phenomenal.

Seraphic
10-22-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm almost done with season 4 and I'm loving it alot!
I was kinda let down with season 3 somehow, I dunno I can't explain it,but this new one is really awesome!
After I heard that Kiki Palmer was going to be in it I was curious as to who she would be, but of course she would be some miscellaneous waitress.
I like the new doctor lady thats been working with Don, although I hope it doesn't get too serious between them because that just spells bad news for her, and she's kinda too good for him anyway.
I'm also loving the whole JoanxRoger love resurfacing, they were my favorite from the first season <3