PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected

Rye
09-18-2010, 02:37 PM
While EoFF was down, New York was hit by a tornado. How crazy is that? I didn't think it was possible for a tornado to hit such a densely built up place. Luckily, I didn't get hit by it, but my own neighborhood did! Ai!

http://gothamist.com/weather/images/kp_nyc_tornado.jpg

http://www.longislandpress.com/2010/09/18/weather-officials-confirm-two-tornadoes-hit-nyc-thursday/nyc-storm-2/

Any unexpected things happen this week?

escobert
09-18-2010, 04:33 PM
nothing unexpected but we've been hit by tornadoes up here in the hills so it's bound to happy to you flatland peoples :p

Freya
09-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Wow! I didn't know there were the right conditions up there for tornadoes! That's pretty crazy! That picture does look kinda cool though. Like day after tomorrow cool >.>

I haven't had anything too unexpected of late happen to me.

Chris
09-18-2010, 07:01 PM
It's been blowing up a storm here too, but not nearly strong enough to qualify as a tornado, though. :D

My life, as always, is a total and complete lull.

Clo
09-18-2010, 07:32 PM
I could barely handle that "earthquake" that happened in WNY a few months ago. If I saw a tornado, I would PISS MYSELF. I would be the most unhelpful person to be with.

I can't think of anything big that was unexpected that happened to me lately. I did open my fridge to find a bunch of Pepsi bottles in it, and I don't know where they came from. That's pretty much it. Too exciting for me to handle right there.

Raistlin
09-18-2010, 07:49 PM
I could barely handle that "earthquake" that happened in WNY a few months ago. If I saw a tornado, I would PISS MYSELF. I would be the most unhelpful person to be with.

You wuss.

Nothing very unexpected has happened to me recently.

vinnie's mini's
09-18-2010, 09:40 PM
:eek: A tornado? Ah! They really frighten the life outta me! I never ever want to see/be near one. :cry:

Hm, I suppose the only 'unexpected' thing that happened to me recently was that I had a baby cockatiel join my family. She's super cute :love: and I love her lots! :omghey:

Iceglow
09-18-2010, 11:07 PM
I've seen Tornadoes in Essex, England. Yup I :bou::bou::bou::bou: you not, england gets them too. Funny actually Birmingham got hit by one recently and it was all the news could talk about for days. It blew a couple of chimneys and some roof tiles off and totalled a car windscreen when it dumped some through it.

vinnie's mini's
09-18-2010, 11:43 PM
:( I'll be having nightmares tonight then. I thought I was safe!! :eek:

Shiny
09-18-2010, 11:45 PM
I've never seen a tornado with the exception of pictures, fortunately, but that's crazy. I heard that NY was having a storm, but I had no idea a tornado was the cause of all the power shortages. There was this one girl in NY who pulled over on the side of the road because she couldn't see through all the rain. A tree ended up falling on her car and killing her. D:

Rye
09-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah, she was on the Grand Central on the time, and she thought she'd be safer pulling over, which is usually the right thing to do. Real sad thing. =(

Unbreakable Will
09-19-2010, 01:52 AM
What the fuck, first ive ever heard of tornadoes in that region :eek:

NorthernChaosGod
09-19-2010, 02:42 AM

I can't think of anything big that was unexpected that happened to me lately. I did open my fridge to find a bunch of Pepsi bottles in it, and I don't know where they came from. That's pretty much it. Too exciting for me to handle right there.

At first I was going to come in here and say that I'd protect you because when earthquakes happen, I just think I'm drunk already. Then I realized that I'd probably :bou::bou::bou::bou: myself if I saw a tornado. :(

Jessweeee♪
09-19-2010, 03:43 AM
Tornados are the scariest looking thing in the world. When I was little I just had to look at a picture of one to scare myself so bad I couldn't sleep. I think towns near the ocean are supposed to be much less likely to get hit by a tornado. My hometown (on the Texas coast) got hit a few months ago, but it wasn't anywhere near my neighborhood. We did lose a chunk of our fence though.

http://lgimages.s3.amazonaws.com/data/imagemanager/9319/tornado.jpg

Can you imagine minding your own business and suddenly this is looming towards you?! Wanna know something extra scary? They're not always visible.

Clo
09-19-2010, 03:46 AM
That thing looks like it's coming to suck my soul out of my eyeballs.

Goldenboko
09-19-2010, 03:58 AM
Tornados are the scariest looking thing in the world. When I was little I just had to look at a picture of one to scare myself so bad I couldn't sleep. I think towns near the ocean are supposed to be much less likely to get hit by a tornado. My hometown (on the Texas coast) got hit a few months ago, but it wasn't anywhere near my neighborhood. We did lose a chunk of our fence though.

http://lgimages.s3.amazonaws.com/data/imagemanager/9319/tornado.jpg

Can you imagine minding your own business and suddenly this is looming towards you?! Wanna know something extra scary? They're not always visible.

The visible part is the part that scares the fuck out of me. If I see that, I can at least run. Sure, I might die anyway. But I can at least fucking run.

Shiny
09-19-2010, 04:18 AM
It looks like a black mass of evil. Get it away! :kaocry2:

Jessweeee♪
09-19-2010, 04:25 AM
http://www.toddlittleton.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Tornado1.jpg
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAR

~*~Celes~*~
09-19-2010, 05:02 AM
a tornado also hit Ohio University area (not the university itself but the city it's in) yesterday, leveling a few businesses and doing other misc. damage. :\

Rodarian
09-20-2010, 08:05 AM
The only think happening in terms of natural disasters are the floods.......

Please donate for those in need!!

Pheesh
09-20-2010, 08:44 AM
http://www.toddlittleton.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Tornado1.jpg
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAR

I dunno, that one kinda looks like Mufasa's about to show up. :jess:

Jiro
09-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Thank smurf the only natural disaster I have to worry about is bush fire. And perhaps the mountains deciding not to be dormant volcanoes any more. If that happened I'd be so fucked xD

Vyk
09-20-2010, 05:08 PM
I was going to say one of my old best friends started talking to me again yesterday. But that doesn't really compare to "TORNADO DESTROYS NEW YORK". So eh

Clo
09-22-2010, 06:29 PM
I just opened the fridge and there was a full bottle of Jack Daniels in it! It wasn't there last night! I don't know where it came from! I think I received a visit from the alcohol fairy.

Pheesh
09-22-2010, 06:39 PM
I just opened the fridge and there was a full bottle of Jack Daniels in it! It wasn't there last night! I don't know where it came from! I think I received a visit from the alcohol fairy.

I would assume the alcohol fairy would know that you don't put it in the fridge... Unless he/she was drunk.

NorthernChaosGod
09-22-2010, 06:41 PM

I would assume the alcohol fairy would know that you don't put it in the fridge... Unless he/she was drunk.

Which would only be logical, it is the alcohol fairy.

Clo
09-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Haha. Yeah, I really don't know why it is there, or who the culprit is, but I'm sort of okay with it.

Raistlin
09-22-2010, 09:14 PM
I found out Christopher Hitchens is coming to the undergrad campus (only a mile away from my law school) on Monday! I am excited for it.

Shlup
09-23-2010, 12:39 AM
I, uhm... I caught a cold. I did not expect it.

NorthernChaosGod
09-23-2010, 01:57 AM
Haha. Yeah, I really don't know why it is there, or who the culprit is, but I'm sort of okay with it.

Maybe it was roofie'd, was it sealed?

Clo
09-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Yeah it was sealed! Who would sneak into my apartment and leave a roofie'd bottle of alcohol? :O_O:

Right after I asked that question I realized several answers.

NorthernChaosGod
09-23-2010, 02:16 AM
Exactly, Clograb. Exactly.

Clo
09-23-2010, 02:17 AM
You're outside my window right now aren't you.

NorthernChaosGod
09-23-2010, 05:05 AM
Nah, I'm hiding in your closet.