PDA

View Full Version : I did not play the Beta

Goldenboko
09-18-2010, 04:42 PM
I had planned on playing the Beta, but I didn't get a chance to. First weeks of college and whatnot. I suppose my question is, of those who have, would you recommend purchasing the game off just the Beta? :O

Loony BoB
09-18-2010, 05:23 PM
You mean if it was the game in it's entirity? Hell no. That would be like paying for a demo which isn't complete or smooth-running.

You mean based on the beta, do I think the game will be good? Hell yes. I enjoyed the beta but it needed a bit more society, obviously a bit more content and a bit more work on the UI. All of which I think will occur in the main game.

I anticipate I'll pay for three months after the first three month, and then take it from there.

Goldenboko
09-18-2010, 05:33 PM
That second part. Typically beta's have flaws and such, but you can at least try to predict how you think the game will go. I'm engaging broke college student mode, where 20 bucks is 2.something hours of out of class work.

Loony BoB
09-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Being a person with limited MMO experience (RO, FFXI, Eve Online), it's great. I don't really fit in with those that complain about the game, I guess. I enjoy it, therefore I think it's good. And apparently a lot of the gripes people have are going to be rectified, too. But it's far too early to say what the game will be really like... Beta was what, 8GB at most? Retail release is 22GB. :p

ljkkjlcm9
09-19-2010, 01:46 PM
for me, the way the controls are set up, its actually convinced me to get it on the PS3. Definitely will be a good game, but I feel it will run smoother on PS3 (as in don't have to worry about computer specs) the controls are set up for a controller, and MMO's typically start slow and given the time between release most of the bugs/gripes will be fixed and there will be a larger population. Plus that will give me more time to convince some of my friends to jump in too, rather than mostly soloing (like I have in Beta)

THE JACKEL

Loony BoB
09-19-2010, 02:33 PM
If it's all about the controls, you know that you can install a driver and then just plug your PS3 controller into the PC using the same cable you use to charge it up on the PS3, yeah?

ljkkjlcm9
09-19-2010, 10:37 PM
It's a big part of it, but I listed two other factors as well that play an important part in my decision!

THE JACKEL