PDA

View Full Version : A Thousand Suns

TyphoonThaReapa
09-20-2010, 03:00 AM
Hey people, I don't know if we have any Linkin' Park fans in the house, but they have a newly released CD called "A Thousand Suns". And man, this CD is actually pretty damn good! WAY better than the last two they put out in stores. Than again, I like the last two as well lol...:cool:

Jessweeee♪
09-20-2010, 03:13 AM
I've only heard New Divide, which is probably their worst song yet. Maybe the others are good, I haven't listened xD

Shiny
09-20-2010, 03:28 AM
New Divide isn't a part of the A Thousand Suns album. It was just a single released for the second Transformers movie, but I agree it was pretty crap. A Thousand Suns track listing:

1. The Requiem
2. The Radiance
3. Burning In The Skies
4. Empty Spaces
5. When They Come For Me
6. Robot Boy
7. Jornada Del Muerto
8. Waiting For The End
9. Blackout
10. Wretches And Kings
11. Wisdom, Justice, And Love
12. Iridescent
13. Fallout
14. The Catalyst
15. The Messenger

I haven't bought or illegally downloaded the full album yet, so I can't say for sure if I like it. From the songs I have heard, however, it seems like it will be a lot better than Minutes to Midnight. I think they're trying too hard to stray away from the Nu-Metal they did in the early days. In an attempt to be versatile they end up making complete and utter garbage. However, there seems to be a few gems on there. I like Wretches and Kings and Waiting for the End. The Catalyst is crap. Definitely different from their other stuff, but also a mux of things they tried to make work and failed.

Jessweeee♪
09-20-2010, 03:32 AM
Oh. Whoops!

TyphoonThaReapa
09-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Wow, so picky Shiny. But hey, every man/woman is entitled to their own opinion son. The tracks on this CD is actually very fresh and versatile in my opinion. Vocals are great, lyrics are great, it's a great album. The songs that are shining bright are "When They Come For Me", "Waiting For The End", "Wrectches And Kings", "The Catalyst", and "The Messenger". It's definitely not your "One Hit Out Of 20 Songs" type CD. That's for sure...

Breine
09-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Linkin Park? Meh.

To be fair, I've only heard the first single of the new album like once or something. I remember being like "...wat?" after I heard it, though. Meaning, I don't particularly like it, and the dance influence they are incorporating. But then again, I've never really liked Linkin Park.

Shiny
09-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Wow, so picky Shiny. But hey, every man/woman is entitled to their own opinion son. The tracks on this CD is actually very fresh and versatile in my opinion. Vocals are great, lyrics are great, it's a great album. The songs that are shining bright are "When They Come For Me", "Waiting For The End", "Wrectches And Kings", "The Catalyst", and "The Messenger". It's definitely not your "One Hit Out Of 20 Songs" type CD. That's for sure...
Yeah, it's just a matter of taste. I'm still a fan, I just don't like it. I hate how them and most of their fans are making it seem like because some of their fans don't like their songs it automatically makes them not a fan, or a bad fan. It has nothing to do with me not liking their change of style and everything to do with it just being crap. The lyrics for their songs have greatly improved though still extremely vague and I feel like because they have two lyricists they have trouble condensing their songs to one idea. For one of the songs the chorus was entirely different from the verses and the two seemed to have absolutely nothing to do with the other.

SuperMillionaire
09-20-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm really digging their new album! Especially, the lead single, "The Catalyst."

G13
09-21-2010, 01:00 AM
There are a few songs that haven't really impressed me but it's a good album. I'm really diggin' Robot Boy, though the piano at the beginning sounds out of place.

Badge
09-21-2010, 05:18 PM
I have it at home waiting to listen to it. I know I'm not going to love it as much as Hybrid Theory. Then again I find it hard that any album would be better than it (personal opinion). However I like that they are so open to trying new things, will give a better opinion once I have listened to it. Going to see them in November, hells yeah! Cannot wait!

Hopefully it'll be better than that mistake they made with Jay-Z...ugh :(

Shiny
09-22-2010, 10:30 PM
I actually thought Meteora was a step up from Hybrid Theory even though they were essentially re-hashing what they did with HT.