PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Empire

Freya
09-21-2010, 03:17 AM
Just premiered yesterday. I liked it but it didn't have as much punch as I was expecting. I'll probably watch it again but I haven't fallen in love with it yet.

Did anyone else catch it? What'd you think?

Miriel
09-21-2010, 08:00 AM
I thought it was ok. Steve Buscemi was wonderful but everything else kinda fell flat.

I heard that it gets quite a bit better after the premiere though.

Bunny
09-21-2010, 04:16 PM
This is on my list of shows to watch this season, primarily because of Buscemi and Michael K. White (who played Omar in The Wire and was incredible). I haven't watched it yet, but it's in my queue.

Del Murder
09-22-2010, 01:16 AM
You can tell Scorsese directed that episode. :p He won't direct the others, though, so it might get better.

I like Scorsese and all but his type of directing isn't really fit for a TV pilot.

I Took the Red Pill
09-22-2010, 01:39 AM
not sure what everyone is talking about, I thought it was one of the best television premiers I've ever seen. I'm really looking forward to this, it's been a real long time since I followed a show for realz, so I'm psyched for that.

Del Murder
09-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Did you ever see the Lost premiere? Now that was the best. FlashForward had a really good one too. Too bad the rest of that show sucked.

I Took the Red Pill
09-22-2010, 11:50 PM
I didn't. tbh I haven't religiously followed a drama in awhile, the last one I did was probably the first season of Prison Break, which was just jsadgkas'dgjoperja amazing.

Del Murder
09-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Yeah I'm with you on that one! Prison Break Season 1 was one of the best single seasons of a show that I've seen.