PDA

View Full Version : How I Met Your Mother season 6

Pheesh
09-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Wew! So glad this show has started up again. I loved the new episode, it was hilarious as always and kept me guessing. Although I think it really would have been too easy if the blond had have been the mother.

So, let the speculation/discussion begin; I would venture a pretty strong guess that the wedding at the end is Barney and Robin's, why else would Ted be the best man? I suppose that it could be Barney getting married to someone else but I don't see it happening, not with the way he reacted to robin in the sun-dress. Thoughts?

Doomie
09-21-2010, 02:06 PM
It was a GREAT episode. It was the perfect blend of comedy and sweetness that made me fall in love with the show to begin with.

Pheesh
09-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Just watched episode 2. I agree they're doing an amazing job finding that perfect balance of sweetness and humour, and it was great to see Wayne Brady come back for an episode, even if he wasn't given many jokes. Barney's singing was the obvious highlight of the episode.

Doomie
10-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Dear god, I hope we're not the only two people here who watch the show. Anyways, I'm trying to find an auto-tune. I'm hoping there's an app for that.

Miriel
10-04-2010, 11:52 PM
I loved the last episode. I love all Barney-centric episodes.

His auto-tuning at the end was awesome. xD

Del Murder
10-05-2010, 12:50 AM
I only watch this show when Miriel is watching it. NPH is hilarious though.

KentaRawr!
10-07-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm going to try to start watching this show! :D Is it okay if I start with Season 6 or should I find the earlier parts of the series on the internet?

Pheesh
10-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Watch it from season 1, there are no words to describe how confusing it would be to start from where the show currently is.

Mo-Nercy
10-12-2010, 03:50 PM
I've just spent the last week and a half watching everything from Season 1. Before that, I had only watched the occasional episode as I caught it on TV. I'd been putting off getting on board with the series for the longest time because, in my mind, 5-6 seasons was just too much. But after I finally got through it all, it was well worth it. I absolutely love this show.

Just watched episode 3 of the latest season and it was alright. Not as funny as the first two (though Robin's calls to Don were pretty good) but Ted's decision was nice and heartwarming.

Doomie
10-12-2010, 10:23 PM
After the latest episode, I've concluded that...

In reference to the second episode, Ted is the best man and Barney&Robin's wedding. =] I am now CONVINCED (somewhat)

Pheesh
10-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Just watched episodes 3 and 4. They were both great, not really as funny as the first two but they both had their moments (Marshall's funk band XD). Once again though it looks like they've teased us with a hint of the mother in the first episode and now they're not going to bring it up again for about a dozen more.

I heard a while back that this was going to be the last season where everything wrapped up, does anyone know if that's true?

Rostum
10-13-2010, 10:53 PM
I love this show. :D

Doomie
10-14-2010, 05:37 AM
I heard a while back that this was going to be the last season where everything wrapped up, does anyone know if that's true?

Well, based off how old the kids look, I imagine the last season would be this or the seventh.

Mo-Nercy
10-15-2010, 06:49 AM

Well, based off how old the kids look, I imagine the last season would be this or the seventh.
According to something I read somewhere (most likely wikipedia), some of the cast members have said in the past that the show wouldn't go beyond an 8th season. I've also heard that the final scene where the kids are shown reacting to the end of the story having finally being told how Ted met their mother has already been shot.

edit: found the sources

"He [show creator Craig Thomas] did reveal that more than two years ago ... With only the two kids who play Ted's future children ... they shot a scene that directly relates to the identity of the mother. That scene will be included in the show's series finale, which Thomas said he hopes "people will see in 2012." - Chicago Tribune. 2008-07-19.

Link - All cast members are signed up to the end of season eight. (http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/how-i-met-your-mother-continue-cancelled-jason-segel/)

Pheesh
10-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Ohh k, a huge part of me is so happy it has the potential to keep keep going for a while (assuming it keeps on being as awesome as it has), but the thought of waiting two more seasons to find out the mother is hair pulling stuff.

Mo-Nercy
10-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Oh, and I just watched episode 4. I found it really funny, especially the Marshall vs. The Machines songs.