PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Infinite gameplay

Dreddz
09-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Now I wasn't the hugest fan of Bioshock but even I had the hardest time trying to put down Infinite after watching this gameplay footage (http://www.gamingeverything.com/2010/9/bioshock_infinite_debut_gameplay_full_footage). I don't think it would be exaggerating to call this game incredible, even at this stage of development. The footage speaks for itself.

Madame Adequate
09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
That looks awful. Not average or mediocre, it looks downright bad. It looks like the gameplay - what little we see amidst this long-ass cutscene - is even MORE hollow and lacking in impact than BioShock, which is a rare feat, to give credit where it's due.

G13
09-22-2010, 02:06 PM
This looks pretty bad. Is this why 2 sucked so much, because they were busy making this :bou::bou::bou::bou:? I'll probably end up playing it but I'm not going to get my hopes up like I did with 2.

kotora
09-22-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't know what you guys are bitching about but it looks great. At least the world does. I never cared much for the gameplay of Bioshock because it's always been about the atmosphere and the way the story unfolds through the audio tapes. Though the second one sucked because it was more like a spinoff than a sequel, this one might end up being a great new entry in the series.

Pheesh
09-22-2010, 02:13 PM
I think you may have clicked on a different link to me, because that looks freaking sweet. I didn't really get into the original bioshock, and I never played number 2, but that seriously looked epic.

Dreddz
09-22-2010, 03:10 PM
I think the only critisism would be that it is too scripted. Some argue that that isn't gameplay at all. Which is a fair point. No way would they be able to have the entire experience as neatly done as that.

But seriously, no matter what exactly we saw it was amazing. End of.

Madame Adequate
09-22-2010, 07:32 PM
No, it wasn't. It was ropy (Which I can forgive because there's a lot of development to go), it felt completely hollow, and it was lacking in impact. Getting shot seemed like a balled up piece of paper hitting you in the side of the head. Knocking that guy off the edge 'felt' like hitting a twig with another twig. I mean, if other people enjoy it, I won't hold it against them, but after the mediocrity that was BioShock I'll be content to read the story somewhere else and watch a few cutscenes online.

Depression Moon
09-22-2010, 09:23 PM
It takes a while for videos to load for me. Is this the same footage from gamespot?

DMKA
09-23-2010, 12:02 AM
...are you guys trolling? That looked fucking amazing and I can't wait for it.

/v/ is really rubbing off on you guys.

Flying Arrow
09-23-2010, 02:19 AM
Count me in with the skeptical crowd. BioShock started out quite entertaining but got painfully boring and repetitive by about the third hour. It basically blew its load right away and never got any more interesting than the introduction. Quite possibly the most overrated game in the last half-decade. This new game trailer looked neat, but I'm really wary of the rest of the game (or even any of it) keeping up this pace.

Rase
09-23-2010, 07:42 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed Bioshock, found number two to be incredibly boring and stale, and have fairly good hopes for Infinite.

G13
09-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, those were good visuals, but that clearly wasn't gameplay. It was a cutscene. If you can do all that :bou::bou::bou::bou: I'll be ecstatic but after playing 2 I'm really not expecting much from this. What I want is another BioShock. The dark feel and interesting storyline is what pulled me in. That looked more like a first person Fable to me.

Pheesh
09-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, those were good visuals, but that clearly wasn't gameplay. It was a cutscene. If you can do all that :bou::bou::bou::bou: I'll be ecstatic but after playing 2 I'm really not expecting much from this. What I want is another BioShock. The dark feel and interesting storyline is what pulled me in. That looked more like a first person Fable to me.

I'm pretty sure that's all (referring to grabbing guns telepathically, stopping mortars, reacting with elizabeth's spells etc.) doable in game (going by interviews and previews I've read) and to me it seems no more or less cinematic then what you see in GoW III or something like that.

DMKA
09-23-2010, 04:48 PM

Except, it's not a cutscene, it IS gameplay. You sound like all those people who said the pre-release footage of the Poseidion battle from God of War III was a cutscene even though it was repeatedly confirmed to be actual gameplay...lo and behold, the final game was indeed idential, and it was not a cutscene! Yes, gameplay can be this awesome with modern gaming technology! :love:

I thoroughly enjoyed Bioshock, found number two to be incredibly boring and stale, and have fairly good hopes for Infinite.

I'm with you! Two was lacking in more ways than one. But the first one was fantastic. Luckily I played two first, so it didn't seem quite as bad and it made me appreciate the first one even more. Infinite looks like it's going to be awesome, even if it's no longer in a grimdark underwater setting. I like the idea of running around in a city floating on hotair balloons! :D

Markus. D
09-25-2010, 04:28 AM
Steampunk <3 If they can make it so seamless where we can't tell if it's gameplay or cutscene; they've made it right.

Madame Adequate
09-26-2010, 03:14 AM
>implying it made for a good cutscene

DMKA
09-26-2010, 05:38 AM
>implying it didn't

Markus. D
09-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Imply what you want; I'll imply that I'm too busy being British to genuinely bicker about whatever the issue is <3

Psychotic
09-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Well it all looks sick as smurf, the setting is absolutely incredible. Makes Rapture look pathetic by comparison. Like many other people I have my doubts that all of that video is actual gameplay though, and the bits that did looked like standard BioShock fare. I think I'd love to explore that city in peace and not have to do any fighting on the BioShock engine at all. :shobon: