PDA

View Full Version : Books, Check 'em Out

oddler
09-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Last time you went to a library, go?

Kinds of books you tend to borrow, audio books, reading of free magazines, and library stories all belong here.

I Took the Red Pill
09-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Approximately zero minutes ago because I am in one now! I do most of my coursework in libraries, but I guess I figured eoff was more interesting than Galois Theory at this current juncture.

Otis_Glicker
09-21-2010, 07:08 PM
The last time I went to the library, I believe I got out either Fight Club or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Either way, I got it knowing that I'd never return it. That was about a year ago. I can't remember which book it was, but I know I enjoyed both of them thoroughly.

I remember a book I read when I was in middle school that I fell in love with. The Lost Years of Merlin. I want to read it again, but I can't find a free ebook anywhere and I obviously can't go back to the library. Haha.

Clo
09-21-2010, 07:50 PM
My apartment is essentially a library. I have pics to prove it.

The last time I went to the library, I took out the movies Let the Right One In, Taxidermia, and Away We Go. I took out the graphic novel Scott Pilgrim, first volume, and the last novels I've check out were My Sister, My Love by Joyce Carol Oates, The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan, and An Abundance of Katherines by John Green.

I also took a book by Barbara Kingsolver from the little library at the Writing Center where I work. Barbara Kingsolver is AMAZING! :D

Raistlin
09-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Today, if my law school library counts, though I don't check out stuff from there. I also frequented my undergrad library during college. The only things I checked out were secondary sources related to a history paper I had to write.

If you're only counting public libraries... a year or two ago I used the internet at one for a short time. That's about it.

Shlup
09-22-2010, 05:06 AM
Uhh... I went to the library in like February to get a passport. I haven't checked out a library book in years. I just buy or download my books!

Meat Puppet
09-22-2010, 10:27 AM
I made out in a library once. God that was awesome.

Mo-Nercy
09-22-2010, 03:11 PM
I go to the library at uni a fair bit for a few hours in the morning every couple of days to catch up on my readings. Level 2 is also a great place to sleep.

Parker
09-22-2010, 05:21 PM
I buy all the books I read. I'd probably save a lot of money if I just borrowed them. Otherwise I'm in libraries fairly often through uni. But I haven't been inside a public library for years.

Shiny
09-22-2010, 10:36 PM
I tend to go my school's film library instead of the all media library; which contains books, dvd's, etc. The film library has only dvd's and vhs. I prefer to watch The Road, Lovely Bones, etc. rather than read it.

There is a library in the town I live in, but I avoid it like the plague. Last time I went there was in April. One of the librarians got pissed at me because I didn't renew my library card despite not intending on checking anything out. They're experiencing some extreme budget cuts.

Breine
09-23-2010, 08:06 PM
I was in a library at The Department of Language, Literature and Culture at my uni last week - not to borrow anything, but to have a study group meeting. Does that count?
The last time I actually borrowed anything in a library was in my home town in March perhaps, where I borrowed some CDs.

I'll most definitely start using libraries more, the more I get into studying at uni.

Levian
09-23-2010, 08:57 PM
I went there just yesterday to fold the top corner of every page in all the Harry Potter books.

What? I take many breaks when I read.

Seraphic
09-23-2010, 08:59 PM
The last time I checked something out was from my school's library of a documentary book on Chernobyl in April.

It was such a pain too because my id had expired about 3 years ago (woops!) so I had to go to a different building to get it renewed before being able to get it.

Del Murder
09-26-2010, 04:55 PM
I went to the San Francisco library to get some economic info for work. That was like 3 years ago. It's a nice library, though.