PDA

View Full Version : The Fat Chocobos Linkshell Thread

Loony BoB
09-24-2010, 10:10 AM
May as well have something kind of official going on. :)

Members - Last updated 8th September 2012
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/fatchocs.png

I'm not going to give out pearlsacks at the moment, will wait and see what kind of people members will invite and - probably most importantly - how long they will end up sticking around. I'm hoping to give them to the likes of Ouch/Murd/Miriel who I know stuck with FFXI for buttloads longer than I did, so will probably go for them when they get in. Others will possibly get them if they keep bringing awesome people to parties, I guess...

Aerith's Knight
09-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Don't you mean Chocopo's? :)

Loony BoB
10-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Gave Bleys 50k today so he could afford to buy some arrows, it looks like archers get the raw end of the deal when it comes to this game. Still, hoping he sticks with it as at the moment we're looking at a linkshell with some great potential for a good attacking side. Ashi is going to join as a mage, and I expect Danielle/her/me will be doing a lot of partying and if anyone is on during those times then I welcome them to come along, too. I understand that at our level, parties of 3-5 are the best, so yeah.

Also, if anyone is in real need of an item, post in this thread and maybe we can work something out together. Personally, I just want shards and crystals... leveling up so many crafts can really be expensive when it comes to them. Luckily my alchemist can now turn crystals into shards, so I can do some balancing that way.

Currently happy to supply people in our LS with anything I can make if they are able to supply me with shards/crystals. I don't need ice/water, but all others would be welcome if you're willing and I'll do anything I can to return the favour with gear. Can't wait to get to rank 20 with a few crafts so I can really start churning out the better stuff.

Will probably be making a buttload of copper accessories (chokers, earrings, rings) so if anyone wants a freebie, let me know soon!

Rostum
10-11-2010, 09:56 PM
I can start playing more since my Internet has been set up properly now, but I'm still not sure what direction I'm taking. In either case, no one is ever on when I am. :( Thanks for the update with the sigs!

Loony BoB
10-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Is Aya no longer playing? Sucks if that's the case. If you're really not sure what direction to take it's probably down to not playing with many other people - I find that I get better direction when I play with people regularly as you get a feel for your 'role', I guess. At the moment I've only partied with Danielle but Ashi is going to be on during my hours once her game arrives with her, and I see Bleys/Kaiser pretty often too, so hopefully we can party up. As for yourself in Australia, I imagine it'll be difficult but there may be times on the weekend when we can get something sorted out. If you ever feel that you've found someone who we should add to the linkshell after you've partied with them a couple of times then I'm sure it can be sorted out.

I suggest getting 8 leves at some point for a place such as Drybone, going there and shouting out "I have 8 leves, who wants to party up? :D" and seeing how things go... let us know of your progress, too! I've spent so much time crafting that I've not really felt I have the time to really party up. Most of my 16 marauder ranks were done by helping Danielle level a bit or by farming items for my crafting. =x Heh.

Gave Kaiser a Bronze Dagger, 2x Copper Rings, 2x Copper Wristlets and a Copper Earring last night. Shards for gear, folks, I'm always up for it! :D

Awrini
10-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Guess who just picked up FFXIV.
THIS GUY

Loony BoB
10-13-2010, 12:22 PM
'nano! :D Awesome, will be great to see more faces online. :) I'll try to get a linkshell to you asap, depends on what times you're online obviously.

Citizen Bleys
11-22-2010, 02:51 AM
So where the deuce has everyone been lately? Haven't seen a soul online in weeks.

Loony BoB
11-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Recently got four new games we've been going through at our flat so that's kept us away - but I've been keeping up with news and will be back to try out the new AI etc. when the patch is out. Danielle more than likely will as well.

Drift
12-14-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm picking up the game tomorrow :D

Drift
12-16-2010, 12:23 AM
I would be on if I could get the patches D: someone pm me cause i need help!

Loony BoB
12-16-2010, 11:18 AM
What's the problem? Don't worry about PM's - we can sort things out in this forum, maybe other people can find the info when they're having similar troubles that way.

Drift
12-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Well firstly the patches are of a torrent nature, which I'm not allowed to do where I'm currently living atm. and now I can't seem to access a server with an error of 30002

Loony BoB
12-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Ah - that kind of trouble. I'm at work so can't confirm where it is, but if you hop over to any FFXIV-focused forums you should be able to find threads about the patch with links of where you can download it without using a torrent. Eorzeapedia and FFXIVCore are probably your safest bet for getting a link.

Drift
12-16-2010, 03:28 PM
i managed to find patches for now (however if i decide to keep playing i might need help from friends as it seems SE doesnt like people uploading the patches for non-torrents).
Now im currently waiting for the server maintainence to finish to actually see if i can play it.

Ouch!
12-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Krizz from FFXIVpro.com usually manages to put up direct links to the update. I used to have the link to his page, but it appears he's moved his stuff. You should be able to track him down no problem, though, as he's one of the moderators at ffxivpro.

Drift
12-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Yeah I managed to find Krizz's website and get the patches. Unfortunately I still havent been able to actually connect to the server and start playing.

Loony BoB
05-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Added Cocoa Puff to the listing. :)

Loony BoB
05-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Added Daemon Crescent too!

Loony BoB
07-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I've started adding the people we have partied with to this now that Danielle and I are playing regularly. I've added her as a pearlsack, too. We added a few people last night and we have a list of people we intend to pass linkpearls to over the next few days. Basically we're going for the people who are chatty and friendly while still being neat enough in battle.

After living in a dead LS for about a year or so, it is genuinely weird seeing the LS being used now. xD

*Devore*
07-18-2012, 02:48 PM
So what kind of time do you guys log on? I'm usually in around 12pm GMT but not for very long. I just go on to renew my stands in the market wards. It's pretty annoying that the lease on last 24hrs and that you have to renew them in person.

Loony BoB
07-19-2012, 12:49 AM
So what kind of time do you guys log on? I'm usually in around 12pm GMT but not for very long. I just go on to renew my stands in the market wards. It's pretty annoying that the lease on last 24hrs and that you have to renew them in person.
My advice is every time you go to the wards, check through every ward in Ul'dah and see if there is a spot available to summon your retainer. Usually it's a good time around 8am going by today when Danielle and I both got both of our retainers moved to the ward we wanted them in.

If you can summon them without having to use a stand, then they will last seven days. It can take a lot of persistence but in the end it's worth it once you get a ward spot (not a stand).

*Devore*
07-19-2012, 12:15 PM
A stand is annoying but I do kinda like having it. Makes me feel more professional and as long as they sell one item each then the stand pays for itself. By the way, I only have a my retainers because my inventory kept getting full, I'm not really interested in the money since all the leves cover that. So if there is anything at my stands you linkshell guys want then tell me and you can have it.
My retainers are Randomlooty and Randombooty and the stands are in battlecraft row and grocers row.

Loony BoB
07-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Trust me, when you get to L50 and you find some kind of gear for 8,000,000 gil that you really really really want... you'll want more than what you get from leves. :(

Loony BoB
09-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Updated the first post with a new listing of members. The ones in green have, to my knowledge, an active paid subscription - although that doesn't always mean they're active, such as the case of Bleys who paid for three months for Legacy but never actually was able to hop into the game. :)

I'm thinking I should really "do up" the OP of this thread, so if anyone has ideas of what to put in there, let me know. Maybe someday we'll get a banner and all that sorted out.

Lumos
12-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Hi guys!!!!!!! What's up? :D

Soooo excited about the latest news that in 6 or 8 weeks we will all be logging into BETA!!!!!!

Val, Bob, Smitt, if you see this.... it was fun seeing you in..... (oops, can't say!!) :tongue:

How is everyone?

Loony BoB
12-30-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm alright, yeah. :) We've been playing Far Cry 3 pretty heavily lately so haven't been able to catch up with you... Batman: Arkham City is next. ;) Once Beta is out, we will definitely be jumping in to check it all out with you guys. :D

Lumos
02-22-2013, 10:59 PM
/wave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooo, the Beta server names are up. I don't know if it's breaking NDA to discuss where we might want to meet up. I'll leave it at that. :)

Bobbbbb/Smitttt: PM/email me if you think that's a better idea. I am also wanting to get in touch with a couple ppl from my other main LS. ^.^ Figured I'd check here before I do that.

EDIT: Also, feel free to delete my post if you think it's problematic!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa205/KreacherSeraph/b657143b-7a86-48ee-b224-5f4f7fdb7913.jpg

Loony BoB
02-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Sent you a PM, Lumos :D

Dignified Pauper
02-24-2013, 12:59 AM
WOOOOO

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-26-2013, 10:29 AM
So will Fat Chocobos become a Free Company or remain a LS? Or both? If it become a FC, does that mean BoB will be our Vorg? :D?

Loony BoB
02-26-2013, 12:42 PM
I don't know what a Vorg is, but I will definitely be making Fat Chocobos a LS and a Free Company, yeah. :) Free Company as the main thing, but LS for those who want to have a different Free Company (a number of our LS belong to a lot of other linkshells).

I will be investing most of my gil into the Free Company main hall thing.

02-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Vorg as in the Guild leader of the Knights of Goode, a reference to The Guild web series. :D

mini ninja
03-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Fat chocobos LS 4Life :jess: !!

Loony BoB
06-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Said it in another thread but I'll say it here, too - almost every major member of Fat Chocobos has agreed to move to an American server along with some associated Linkshells from Sargatanas. We're in the process of organising this and will say more once the server locations are confirmed by SE.

Freya
06-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Oh so I don't have to worry about having a weird EU server then? Sweeet.

Loony BoB
06-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Yeah it's looking more and more likely all the EoFFers will be on a single NA server.

Bierhumpen_Kukki
06-25-2013, 12:06 AM
more like were too lazy to move and stay with good old lindblum! or how sargatanas(sargatayarns) now.^^ im really looking forward to meet the new ppl at launch if not in phase4 already. ^.^

btw bob...the fc housing, you employing any maids to keep it clean?^^

Loony BoB
06-25-2013, 07:12 AM
Yeah, mate.

YOU. >=]

06-25-2013, 07:18 AM
BoB, your spreadsheet is out-of-date. :p

Loony BoB
06-25-2013, 07:21 AM
I know, I know... I'll be making a new thread with updated information at some point today if all goes to plan.

Aulayna
06-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Gonna change my characters surname to that of my Lancer's on live. So it'll be Aulayna Fablestay and Lillyanne Fablestay :3

Loony BoB
06-25-2013, 10:39 PM
Please see the new thread (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/150812-fat-chocobos-free-company-linkshell-thread-final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn.html) for details of the Fat Chocobos Free Company & Linkshell in A Realm Reborn. :)