PDA

View Full Version : I don't even...

Dignified Pauper
09-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Michael Jackson MMO 'Planet Michael' Announced - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/65666)

Someone help me grasp the "good idea" during the developmental planning of this...

Bunny
09-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Executive 1: "What do people like that we can exploit?"
Executive 2: "Well.. hm.. something we haven't already taken advantage of?"
Executive 1: "Yeah, let's go in a new direction. No sequels, no prequels, no.. side...quels!"
Cut to a scene outside Executive 1's office, to his secretary, who is listening to a radio station most famous for playing the "Old Hits". Michael Jackson Tribute hour has just commenced with "Billie Jean"
Executive 3: "MICHAEL JACKSON"
Executive 1: "What?"
Executive 3: "People love Michael Jackson. Thriller!"
Executive 1: "If this doesn't make money you're fired."

Dignified Pauper
09-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Achievement: The Not So White Glove

Pheesh
09-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Will you be able to sic children onto your enemies in this one too? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF89npFbn8g)

Dreddz
09-24-2010, 07:04 PM
The definitive MJ game has already been made wth Moonwalker so I don't see the point personally.

DMKA
09-24-2010, 07:52 PM
I don't know, I'm pretty excited about it. I can't Remember the Time when I was last this excited about a game that's sure to be a Thriller...enough to make me Scream!

I'm curious though, will the MJ appearing in this game be Black or White?

Bunny
09-24-2010, 08:01 PM
White but with the option of a Black power-up that makes you run faster and jump higher. It also makes your Song Strength (which determines your damage) better.

Depression Moon
09-24-2010, 08:04 PM
MJ MMO WTF?

Roogle
09-28-2010, 12:11 AM
This looks to be more akin to Second Life or a social network than a massively multiplayer online role-playing game. I guess it would mean a lot to fans of the late Michael Jackson?

Shoeberto
09-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah, technically it's not its own game. It's being developed as part of Entropia, which is a game notable for having an economy based on real-world currency. So basically people can throw real money at it and, assuming they have enough, buy whatever they want.

It's not so much like someone spending time to develop a ground-up Michael Jackson MMO, it's more like if Blizzard sold out and made a Mountain Dew Game Fuel Wonderland zone in WoW. Which, sadly, seems like it could happen.

Raistlin
09-28-2010, 06:14 PM
It's not so much like someone spending time to develop a ground-up Michael Jackson MMO, it's more like if Blizzard sold out and made a Mountain Dew Game Fuel Wonderland zone in WoW. Which, sadly, seems like it could happen.

I'm not sure which one is more depressing.

DMKA
09-29-2010, 02:08 AM

I'm not sure which one is more depressing.

I was going to say "definitely the latter" but I honestly can't decide after really thinking about it.

MJN SEIFER
09-29-2010, 11:10 AM
I really want to be exited about this because it's Michael Jackson - who, as you may know, I have a lot of respect for.

But... I don't understand! What exactly do you do in the game?!

DMKA
09-30-2010, 02:49 AM
I really want to be exited about this because it's Michael Jackson - who, as you may know, I have a lot of respect for.

The same thing you do in Second Life, I'd imagine.

Vyk
09-30-2010, 05:46 AM
You LIVE

MJN SEIFER
10-02-2010, 10:25 PM

The same thing you do in Second Life, I'd imagine.

Constantly get refused permtion to join, cause apparently there's already an MJN SEIFER there, even though when I search it tells me there isn't... some game. :p

DK
10-05-2010, 04:18 AM
The last time I played Second Life me and Psy ran around furry dance love clubs with picket signs of Agent Proto and Shirtless Raistlin. I tried to convince the furries that Raistlin was me and I was topless in the sign picture because I was the epitomy of manliness and felt that it would be a grave affront to the world were I to not share the glory of my big manly bitchtits with everyone. I think they insulted me, at which point I put on a blue fox suit and penis attachment and chased a female furry around the club while performing various heinous acts in her general direction until she tried to get her furry boyfriend to make me leave her alone, at which point I am pretty sure we used explosives to blow them halfway across second life. If you are saying this Michael Jackson thing is going to be along the same lines but with more MJ, I fail to see how this can ever be a bad thing.

Vyk
10-05-2010, 05:26 AM
That reminds me of some stuff I did at Habo Hotel..

Raistlin
10-06-2010, 04:00 AM
The last time I played Second Life me and Psy ran around furry dance love clubs with picket signs of Agent Proto and Shirtless Raistlin. I tried to convince the furries that Raistlin was me and I was topless in the sign picture because I was the epitomy of manliness and felt that it would be a grave affront to the world were I to not share the glory of my big manly bitchtits with everyone. I think they insulted me, at which point I put on a blue fox suit and penis attachment and chased a female furry around the club while performing various heinous acts in her general direction until she tried to get her furry boyfriend to make me leave her alone, at which point I am pretty sure we used explosives to blow them halfway across second life.

Dan, you are amazing.