PDA

View Full Version : Live Shows

Seraphic
09-25-2010, 02:04 AM
I went out with my cousin to go see Easy A and on the way there she surprised me with box seats to see Shakira tomorrow (I know, don't judge me ;[ ) and I got so excited because I've liked her since I was really young and she still only sang in spanish.
So my question to you is, what is one performer/band/act that you would HAVE to see live before you die?
I personally reallllly want to see Bjork before I die.
Dream big :).

Moved it, boo boo. ~Shiny

LunarWeaver
09-25-2010, 02:09 AM
I'll force Meat Loaf on stage and make him sing about love and anything he'd do for it before my days are done.

Shlup
09-25-2010, 02:13 AM
I don't really care for live shows. I don't like crowds! I would go see Green Day though.

Last show I went to was NoFX and Rancid. It was pretty fun 'cause I was up in front, even though the mosh pit kept mushing me.

Clo
09-25-2010, 02:24 AM
I saw Green Day once. It was pretty insane.

I always said that I would need to see of Montreal before I die, and I saw them last Sunday, so now I can die. But seriously, the show was so fantastic I'll need to see them one more time before I can die. They blow my mind constantly. So fantastic! I mean... Kevin Barnes! What an amazing human being!

I saw the Dresden Dolls once, but I would really love to see Amanda Palmer on stage again. And then I would love to have sex with her backstage. She's such a great performer.

I love live shows; I try to attend at least one a month, and more would be better. I like being in crowds, I like dancing with people, I like the loud noise. Just this summer, I've seen Say Anything, the Flaming Lips, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, and Of Montreal.

Cuchulainn
09-25-2010, 02:25 AM
Ya gotta go to as many live gigs and sets as you can. It's where the heart of the bands are at.

NorthernChaosGod
09-25-2010, 02:53 AM
I've either seen every band I really want to see or they band is broken up.

I would kill to see a live Jimi Hendrix and/or Led Zeppelin show.

Seraphic
09-25-2010, 03:04 AM
I saw the Dresden Dolls once, but I would really love to see Amanda Palmer on stage again. And then I would love to have sex with her backstage. She's such a great performer.

I love The Dresden Dolls! I saw them like 3 years ago and it was such an amazing show, they were definitely on my live show bucket list <3.

Shorty
09-25-2010, 05:12 AM
I would kill someone to see David Bowie or Prince live. Also, possibly Bauhaus and Neutral Milk Hotel.

I've seen all of my favorite bands, but some I'd like to see are Brand New, MSI, Passion Pit, The Cure and The White Stripes.

Clo
09-25-2010, 07:24 AM
I would kill someone to see David Bowie or Prince live. Also, possibly Bauhaus and Neutral Milk Hotel.

I've seen all of my favorite bands, but some I'd like to see are Brand New, MSI, Passion Pit, The Cure and The White Stripes.

I've seen Brand New twice, and loved both times. Jesse Lacey just puts his all into his performances.

And fuck! I would love to see Neutral Milk Hotel! And considering how unbelievably unlikely that is, it makes it even more sad and urgent.

Chris
09-25-2010, 12:09 PM
I've seen a lot of my favorites in concert already: Johnny Mathis, Grace Jones, Liza Minnelli.

I have to see Sinéad O'Connor. It seems like everybody I know have seen her live, except for me. :(

Markus. D
09-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Polysics... the way they focus attention of live sampling, tasking the synthesizer with seven things; tasking themselves with being masters of their instrument.

fire_of_avalon
09-25-2010, 04:36 PM
I'll force Meat Loaf on stage and make him sing about love and anything he'd do for it before my days are done.
This. Also Eric Clapton.

Pheesh
09-25-2010, 04:36 PM
I saw Bjork once, it was pretty awesome.

Most of the bands I've always wanted to see I've seen, or will be seeing soon. I have tickets to see Smashing Pumpkins in October, Soundgarden and Stone Temple Pilots are supposed to be playing the Big Day Out next year so I can cross them off the list. I would like to see Tool again just because it wasn't the ideal venue to see them at, and I would have killed to see Blind Melon when Shannon Hoon was still alive.

The only other band I really want to see is Rush, sadly I'm going to have to travel overseas if I ever want to do that :(

Bunny
09-25-2010, 05:33 PM
I would like to see Pain of Salvation and, to a lesser extent, Radiohead.

I am not a huge fan of live shows, mostly because I dislike being in large groups of people, but I think I would suffer through them if it meant listening to either of those bands.

Shlup
09-25-2010, 10:05 PM
I lied. I guess the most recent live show I went to was Kate Voegele. I just went to see the cute roadie though. :}

I Took the Red Pill
09-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Tenacious D, deadmau5, MF DOOM (though I hear he is pretty :bou::bou::bou::bou:e live, just to be in the same room with him would give my life some sort of validation)

Badge
09-26-2010, 01:32 AM
The only other band I really want to see is Rush, sadly I'm going to have to travel overseas if I ever want to do that :(

Rush were amazing live! I was lucky enough that they toured in England and got to see them. I've been to a few gigs. Favourites include Rammstein, Manic Street Preachers, Muse....going to see Linkin Park and the Manics (yet again) soon :)

~*~Celes~*~
09-26-2010, 07:45 AM
A7X. Won't be the same without Jimmy but...I want to see them so bad.

Lunatic_High
09-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Myself I was lucky enough to win tickets to the whole of this years iTunes Festival, so I have managed to see a few band I have always wanted to see such as Underworld, Kele, Ozzy Osborne and The Scissor Sisters.

Though I still have a couple I really want to see such as Radiohead, HIM & Klaxons.

Badge
09-26-2010, 09:28 AM
A7X. Won't be the same without Jimmy but...I want to see them so bad.

I was lucky enough to see them about 5/6 years ago. They were pretty good. Not my favourite band though really.

Iceglow
09-26-2010, 10:27 AM
I've done so many gigs it becomes hard to list them all. Seriously though some of the highlights include: Disturbed, Lost Prophets, Linkin Park, Metallica, Trapt, Taking Back Sunday, Nickelback, Bon Jovi, 3 Doors Down, Feeder, Automatic, Reel Big Fish and many many more.

I'm going to see 30 Seconds To Mars on November 16th sooo looking forwards to that :)

Must see artists for me include: Blink 182, Offspring, Train, Goo Goo Dolls, Journey, Paramore, Foo Fighters, Muse.

Shiny
09-27-2010, 01:13 AM
I want to see Beyonce live. I always miss her tours. ;__; I wanna see the uh oh's up close and personal. Technically I did see her live, but that was back in the day when she was still in Destiny's Child. I also got to meet her backstage, though technically not backstage because it was in a tent next to the stage, but whatever. It's not the same.

I got see Chuck Berry live though and that alone is enough to make me not need to go see anything else for a while.