PDA

View Full Version : Referrences to #7 & #8 in FF7

Shinwa Tsuki
09-27-2010, 05:49 AM
Those who are into Harry Potter will understand this a bit. Look at the Harry Potter Lexion, if you don't (particularly it's articles, the number 7 and 12 come to mind).

I've noticed that the numbers 8 and 7 are referred to all over the place, so I wish to start a list - massive as it will become - that lists all of the times that those two numbers are referenced. Because of the amount of time, that some of these games have been out I don't think that spoilers are needed (please tell me if this is otherwise!).

Here's what I do have. (Please fallow this format - bullet or with [ ☞ ].)

☞ The title itself: Final Fantasy 7
☞ Seventh Heaven bar
☞ There are seven mandatory playable characters
☞ Vincent is physically 27 years old
☞ Sector 7 & it's plate
☞ After the reactor, in the beginning, is blow up - there are seven reactors remaining in Midgar
☞ The Lucky 7 - uh, I think it's requires a character to have HP with all 7's....
☞ There are 7 Limit Breaks for most of the characters

☞ There are 8 playable characters - with Vincent and Yuffie, after the death of Aeris.
☞ There are a total of 8 Materia types: White Materia (one of a kind), Black Materia (one of a kind), Huge Materia (a special kind created by Shinra), Command, Magic, Support, Independent, and Summon
☞ There are 8 sectors and reactors at Midgar

Let's see the WEAPONS are Jade, Ruby, Sapphire, Omega, Diamond, Emerald... I'm not counting Chaos as a weapon - a semi-weapon maybe. That makes 6 WEAPONS...

Do you have anything to contribute?

PS: I don't know weather or not this is in the correct area - as FF7 refers to the entire set, not just the game itself.

silentenigma
09-30-2010, 01:45 AM
There are a few to 7s, but all the 8s seem pretty incidental.

-All Lucky 7s
-7th Heaven/Sector 7
-7 sets of books in the Shinra basement arranged too look like a roman numeral 7

I'm pretty sure there are only 6 remaining reactors after the first mission- Midgar's reactor 8 wasn't completed yet at the beginning of the game, if I'm not mistaken.

Shinwa Tsuki
09-30-2010, 02:06 AM
Maybe the Materia is coincidence, but the number of playable characters - with Vincent, Yuffie, and Aeris equals 9. This isn't counting the guest characters (1-time playable characters).

silentenigma, do you have an image with the seven sets of books in the Shinra basement? So I can see why that is so.

silentenigma
10-01-2010, 01:21 AM
Well you can see a few of them in this picture:

http://thelifestream.net/wp-content/uploads/cursed.jpg

The rest are in the back study, but i couldn't find any pictures of that room in my short google images search ;)

Levian
10-01-2010, 01:31 AM
Could be done with any number under 10, I guess, but I'll find something.

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/494/images/gold1.jpg

7!

FFIX Choco Boy
10-01-2010, 01:39 AM
I think Emerald's health pool has 7 digits... Does that count?

Shinwa Tsuki
10-01-2010, 05:28 AM
silentenigma, thanks! I wouldn't remember it clearly.

Levian, are you referring to the sections in Gold Saucer in that image? If so, wouldn't the area your in count as the 8th?

Does Emerald WEAPON really have a 7 digit HP? Choco Boy, a 7 digit HP could count - if it is a constant starting number.