PDA

View Full Version : I need some help from a computer expert. I have a laptop and I want it...

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-27-2010, 09:52 AM
...To perform up to PC Gaming standards. If you own a laptop that looks like this, Amazon.com: Compaq Presario CQ61-429US Notebook PC - 2.1GHz AMD Sempron, 3GB RAM, 160GB (7200RPM) Hard Drive, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Graphics, 15.6" HP BrightView Widescreen (1366x768) LCD, 8X DVD±R/RW, 802.11b/g/n WLAN (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B003KAJS64/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=507846&s=gateway) please, tell me what kind of software, you purchased to make your PC run as smooth as silk, and what kind of hardware you bought in order to make the graphics look crisp. :bow::shobon::eep: (I tried to create my own "begging" icon, it's silly I know.:D)

kotora
09-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Nothing can help that laptop to perform up to modern gaming standards.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-27-2010, 03:17 PM

Are you sure?:confused:

Mirage
09-27-2010, 04:26 PM
He's right. Basically, nothing but a more powerful graphics chip will increase your laptop's ability to play games, and those aren't really upgradable in laptops. Furthermore, it isn't possible for any software to significantly improve the performance of the graphics hardware in your laptop.

escobert
09-27-2010, 06:43 PM
yeah what they said. Laptops aren't really made for gaming. and if they are they get outdated pretty quickly. If you want to game on a PC you're gonna want a desktop.

Jessweeee♪
09-29-2010, 02:54 AM
I feel your pain :(

Shiny
09-30-2010, 06:45 PM

Not true. My friend owns a Macbook Pro and is able to play World of Warcraft on it with ease. Of course, he has a powerful graphics card installed. I'll ask him if he uses anything else to make the game perform well.

kotora
09-30-2010, 09:14 PM
you wanna upgrade his laptop into a Macbook Pro?

Mirage
09-30-2010, 11:21 PM
WoW requires less resources than most modern games, and exactly what kind of macbook pro is it she's got? There's a myriad of different configurations.

Doesn't really change anything though :p, no sort of software update will significantly improve that laptop, and regardless of how good that macbook pro is, you can't upgrade John's laptop to a macbook without replacing the entire laptop. As I understand his post, he wants to keep his current laptop, not buy a new one.

Vyk
10-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Yeah. WoW ran on mine and my brother's laptops just fine. But that's about it. Though you're free to experience about 30 years of gaming on it if you want. Especially with DOS-Box. But you won't be able to experience much new. Though from what I hear, the Old Republic game BioWare is creating, is taking an avenue similar to WoW, with low-res cartoony graphics for more universal ease. I play the Baldur's Gate games and whatnot on my laptop from time to time. You can play the old Fallout games and stuff. Go back and enjoy things :P Just nothing future'y