PDA

View Full Version : FFvsXIII battlesystem

Tuhkasieni
09-27-2010, 06:44 PM
So, anyone who has seen the leaked trailer of Final Fantasy Versus XIII:
I know, very little material about the battlesystem was shown but as square enix has announced its going to be somewhat like the battlesystem in KH. How do you like the fact that your enemy is "bleeding" when you attack and how do you like the KH battlesystem in final fantasy?

Personally I think its ok but i still miss the old final fantasy battlesystem... XD

Wolf Kanno
09-28-2010, 04:20 AM
I have mixed feelings. In terms of the blood, that's not exactly a big deal. People keep acting like Squenix is freaking Disney (and let's not bring up KH) and its not like death and misery were really absent in previous installments. This is something that I think SE and the media are hyping up when in reality no one gives a damn.

As for the battle system, it will really depend. If its like KH2 where its close to being a one button death machine system once you obtain all the power ups and combo extensions then meh cause the game will be ridiculously easy unless it abuses some broken game mechanics (like a bad camera) to add artificial difficulty. If its like BBS' system a little bit, it will be a nice hybrid of action and turn based combat, still easy but at least having a second joypad on the controller will make the camera more tolerable.

I think what I would be interested in seeing, is an actual difficult action rpg that uses all these fancy combo attacks and super moves but if I had my way, Versus would probably be a pure action game with rpg elements. The problem here is that SE doesn't make hard games anymore and the KH series is especially guilty of not being that difficult. Still, this could simply be SE just tailoring the series for the younger market they hope to tap into, but then CC wasn't exactly that difficult either.

I can't say if the system will be as satisfying as playing a normal action game like Shinobi, Ninja Gaiden, or DMC. The best I can hope for is that it will be like BBS but that's doubtful since its not the same team. Time will tell but I'm sure the system will be flashy and fun at least.

Jessweeee♪
09-29-2010, 11:17 PM
I wouldn't mind something like Kingdom Hearts. My only real issue with it was how in KHII you couldn't see much of anything with all of the sparkles and flashes of light xD

Tuhkasieni
09-30-2010, 02:39 PM
My only real issue with it was how in KHII you couldn't see much of anything with all of the sparkles and flashes of light xD

Yeah, I agree XD

ShinGundam
09-30-2010, 06:14 PM
One thing i am sure of, FFv13 has a new command menu but it might be different from KH and FF command menus. It won't be a beat'em up game with usual two buttons normal attack/strong attack or punch/kick or sword/gun that is for sure.

This is the classic command menu from KH1.
http://i54.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2moukx3.jpg

Depression Moon
09-30-2010, 07:59 PM
WHERE'D YOU FIND THOSE IMAGES?

Tuhkasieni
09-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Here's an short article, no images though: spoiler warning!!!
FinalFantasyVersusXIII.net // Final Fantasy Versus XIII Battle System (http://finalfantasyversusxiii.net/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-battle-system.php)

Depression Moon
09-30-2010, 10:41 PM
How old is that? I felt like I read it before.

ShinGundam
09-30-2010, 10:57 PM
WHERE'D YOU FIND THOSE IMAGES?
Very old scan shows some of prototypes and early stage maps.
http://i55.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/eq126h.jpg

Anyway, Nomura talked little bit about Versus in twitter.

“Yesterday, we had meetings about three sections — maps, events and battles,” Nomura wrote (translated by Andriasang). “For the map section, I checked the problem areas that had been fixed. The staff had gone beyond the requests and and filled them with playful elements. I put in orders for additional areas as well.”

Nomura provided specifics on what he was checking on the maps:

The look of a forest that you can see once you’ve cleared a narrow mountain path.
Things that are required when leaving the city by moving on the roofs of buildings.
The positioning of the bookshelves in shops
How flags are standing
How the sea is handled on the world map
The roads you can see from the airship
The length of bridges

He also provided specifics on the maps, but couldn’t say too much for the sake of not spoiling the game:

The look on a character during a short cut in a scene where he or she is leaving.
Explanation of a fathers feelings during a conversation scene.
The areas that they want to have connected seamlessly, and the areas that they want to connect via cuts.
Explanations about the heroines movements.

In regards to battles, Nomura spoke about menus, saying, “We’re doing lots of trial and error on this. When you say Final Fantasy, you think of enemy damage figures flying out and showing player HP. What will we do with these in the action-heavy Versus?”