PDA

View Full Version : KH III 2013 Versus XIII 2012

Depression Moon
09-28-2010, 08:10 PM
IGN Advertisement (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1123945p1.html)

Nomura told the magazine, "2012 is the 10th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts, so we'd like to celebrate in some way. However, I'll say this in advance, just because it's the 10th anniversary, Kingdom Hearts 3 still won't be out."

He appeared to be saying this jokingly to the magazine, but a glance at Square Enix's release schedule suggests that he's probably right.

Japan will be getting Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded for DS next month. The Japanese "Final Mix" re-release of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, with additional content including a new "secret movie," will hit PSP in January.

In a Famitsu interview last week, Nomura said that following these two, Kingdom Hearts 3DS would be the next title for the series. Staff members from Birth By Sleep will be moving over to the Kingdom Hearts 3DS project as they finish up their work on Final Mix.

Add to that Final Fantasy Versus XIII which wont show its true form until January, and a release of 2012 or beyond for Kingdom Hearts 3 doesn't sound too farfetched.

Unreasonable? Possibly. But farfetched, no.

Roogle
09-28-2010, 08:34 PM
I understand that Square Enix has limited resources; however, I feel that taking long breaks between numbered sequels can be detrimental to a series in the eyes of the fan community.

Pheesh
09-29-2010, 06:57 AM
It'd be less detrimental if I didn't have to buy a new console every time I wanted to play the next KH game.

Depression Moon
09-29-2010, 07:38 PM
I understand that Square Enix has limited resources; however, I feel that taking long breaks between numbered sequels can be detrimental to a series in the eyes of the fan community.

I agree as from what I've been hearing in discussions around here, they're standards have been low this generation. I don't see much that interests me on the console side other than XIII and I'm suspicious about that game's quality and to add Japan continues to get updated improved versions of their games while we get nothing.

Del Murder
09-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Man, that sucks that we have to wait so long. I've been looking foward to those games. So what's the plans for 2011 then?

Jessweeee♪
09-29-2010, 11:52 PM
It'd be less detrimental if I didn't have to buy a new console every time I wanted to play the next KH game.

KHI and KHII were both on the PS2! But the handhelds :(

Depression Moon
09-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Man, that sucks that we have to wait so long. I've been looking foward to those games. So what's the plans for 2011 then?

KH Re:Coded I'm guessing will be released here along with another KH spin off for the 3DS. If you don't have handhelds or don't want to buy the 3DS I guess all you have to tie you over is FFXIV and that's considering if you're for like MMOs (Which I think you do Del).

Dreddz
10-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Versus XIII may as well be FFXV. From a business standpoint it would make sense. Plus it doesn't have to assosiate itself with FFXIII, which is definitely a good thing.

Bolivar
10-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Man what hectic and crazy schedules. It seems like they're too overwhelmed running around trying to get various corporate obligations taken care of it instead of sitting down and coming up with a vision to really WOW players in a very special way, which is part of what we're discussing in the "Has FF gone downhill tread."