PDA

View Full Version : Tales of the Abyss Ventures to Nintendo 3DS

Crossblades
09-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Click on link for screenshots
RPGamer - News Bulletin - Tales of the Abyss Ventures to Third Dimension (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2010/092910b.html)

Namco Bandai was not about to be left behind in the rush to 3D, so along with Nintendo's game announcements for 3DS, the company had one of their own. A port of the PlayStation 2 title, Tales of the Abyss, is currently in development for the Nintendo 3DS. No details have been revealed as to whether this is just a port or something more, but the release window is scheduled for sometime in 2011. Namco Bandai has provided some screens for the upcoming title.

I wonder if this is the first of many Tales ports to follow. But I also wonder if this will get released in the US.

Ultima Shadow
09-29-2010, 04:57 PM
If they can make it stay true to the original, this alone will be a good reason for people to get a 3DS.

Not translating it to english would be a crime against humanity. The original Tales of the Abyss is epicness itself given form and easily among the best games I've ever played. DO WANT!

qwertysaur
10-01-2010, 03:56 AM
The 3DS already looked amazing and it keeps getting better and better. :D

black orb
10-07-2010, 06:39 AM
>>> I have always wanted to play that game.. It was only released for the PS2 right?.

I doubt I will ever get a NDS/3DS..:luca:

JKTrix
10-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Do you know how many Tales games have been released in Japan just in the last few years? (A lot)

Do you know how many Tales games have been released outside of Japan in the last few years? (Very few)

There've been hushed rumours of things like internal politics between Namco US and Namco JP concerning why they just ignore most of the Tales games, even though they tend to sell decently here.

The biggest chance this has of coming out here is that it is currently one of the few games that Namco has lined up for the 3DS, and they would want to get it out early here. Bandai Entertainment also licensed the anime version of it earlier this year (though the show itself is 2 years old) so that could be a sign of good things as well. But I honestly would not be surprised if we didn't see it.

Roogle
10-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Will there be anything new in this release of Tales of the Abyss or is it a direct port of the game to the Nintendo 3DS? If it is a direct port, then I see no reason for them to give special priority to release the game.