PDA

View Full Version : So, if I start out as a crafting job, what happens? :0

KentaRawr!
09-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Let's say my character is a wandering alchemist, exploring Gridania for no apparent reason. When he gets attacked by wolves, what happens? D: Do I die, with the game simply telling me that I should start with a different class instead?

Speaking of dying, what happens if you die in the intro battle? Does the battle restart?

Citizen Bleys
09-29-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm not sure it's possible to die in the intro battle. I started as a botanist once during the beta and beat the ghost thingy by throwing rocks at it.

At present, Disciples of the Land can only throw rocks. If you see something nasty, RUN. Or buy a weapon and equip it when you see an aggressive baddy. You can change classes just by equipping a weapon.

Del Murder
09-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Stone Throw? Reminds me of FF Tactics, which is awesome.

Loony BoB
09-29-2010, 09:49 PM
To be honest, I'd just not start as a land/hand character. By the end of the level 1 story quests, you'll have the money to afford a few other weapons/tools for other classes.

But yeah, the story quests don't involve any real epic battles in the early levels. Your stone throw is a guaranteed 1 point hit, but the game is designed so that it doesn't matter.

Carl the Llama
09-29-2010, 10:07 PM
It isn't a problem, when on the boat (or whatever else you choose, as you only start on the boat you see in the benchmark if you chose Limsa Lominsa as your starting area) you get 2 companions with you, one of which will heal you and the other will attack if your using a crafting/farming job though you do need to attack the target to get your attacker to attack.

KentaRawr!
09-29-2010, 10:21 PM
So, the disciples of land throw rocks. What do the disciples of hand do?

Loony BoB
09-29-2010, 11:44 PM
In a shocking twist, they... throw rocks.

Citizen Bleys
09-29-2010, 11:54 PM
A pimp slap would have been more appropriate, really.

KentaRawr!
09-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Disciple of Hand! I get it. :p