PDA

View Full Version : Goals & Achievements Thread

Loony BoB
09-29-2010, 11:43 PM
May as well have one of these!

I just got my 9th class to level 10! That's Marauder, Miner, Botanist, Blacksmith, Goldsmith, Armorer, Carpenter, Alchemist and Leatherworker. :D Pretty happy with that! I've barely bought a thing too, which means the 200k I have made myself is mostly by making things from scratch. Many thanks go out to Kaiser and Danielle for providing me with fire crystals so I can make nuggets - I shall hopefully return the favour in time when I start churning out the weapons. :)

I'm slowly working on a bronze pick axe for myself at the moment, but have struggled with the bronze pick axe head... hopefully not too long, though. It'd like to have a bronze primary weapon/tool in my arsenal... right now the only bronze thing I can easily make is the needle, which is oddly enough the one thing I barely use!

Del Murder
09-30-2010, 12:07 AM
My goal is to get this game to work on Miriel's computer.

Carl the Llama
09-30-2010, 01:01 AM
My goal is to have a whole day playing without my smurfy mobile broadband giving out on me.

Seriously though I have just got to Mor Dhona and intend to get as many teleport locations as I possibly can, don't know if any of you guys who played beta made it here but its an awesome place, there is a weird Miasma surrounding the place and it puts me in mind of Silent Hill... just for the eeriness factor.

Pictures to follow in the screenie thread when I can be bothered to upload them.

Loony BoB
09-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Oh man, we tried to get there during the beta but died miserably at the hands of many a salamander or raptor. Which route did you take to get in?

Carl the Llama
09-30-2010, 02:03 PM
I just ran right past them... my connection is so lame that it takes a while for the server to catch up and realize that I ran right next to many things that could kill me in 1 shot... its all good lol, though it did take me a few tries, I got both the port's in Mor Dhona though there is no way to get both once you get to the map, first time I went to the Singing Shards (to bind myself there after many tries I finally got it) then onto Camp Brittlebark and yes... I did study the map for a very long time before I came to the conclusion that there is no way to get to Camp Revenant's Toll from my side of the map so I ported back to Camp Emerald Moss and went to Coerthas and from there to the north side of Mor Dhona.

Goldenboko
09-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Goal: Buy this game tomorrow.

Carl the Llama
09-30-2010, 09:30 PM

/cheer!!! have you got a name in mind yet?

Rostum
10-03-2010, 03:14 AM
My goal is to get all the classes to level 10 and see what I'm enjoying and what ones I'll level up further.

Loony BoB
10-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Current goal: Fisherman to L10, Blacksmith to L15, Marauder to L15, Alchemist to L15. That should hopefully set me up for a while when it comes to a base to start furthering my abilities. Alchemist is fast becoming very useful and it's not too difficult to level up what with all the various things you can make that are useful for other classes I use. Fisherman needs to go up so I can farm things for fish glue and get the final L10 gatherer sorted out, allowing me all three L10 gatherer abilities. Yay. Not that I really use them, but oh well. :D

EDIT: Turns out I already have a L15 marauder. Yay. Okay, now that means I can add 'do the L15 story quest' to my goals. :)

Goldenboko
10-04-2010, 02:57 PM

/cheer!!! have you got a name in mind yet?

Didn't notice this post, but I'm Captain Abel ;D

Right now I really only have one goal; Get armor, and level enough to be able to kill something, ANYTHING, other than Star Marmots xD

Loony BoB
10-04-2010, 03:16 PM
For what it's worth, this is a good way to move up the ranks...

Star Marmots & Copper Coblyns (Black Brush)
Puk Hatchlings (Bearded Rock, Skull Valley)
Dodos (Drybone, Skull Valley)
Puks (Bloodshore)
Bloodshore Belles (Bloodshore)
Aldgoat Nannies (Bloodshore, Skull Valley)

And that's with a buttload of farming here and there along the way.

Goldenboko
10-04-2010, 04:44 PM
"Puk Hatchlings (Bearded Rock, Skull Valley)"

Would you be willing to show me where this is tonight? :D

Loony BoB
10-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Maybe, if we're online long enough at the same time!

For anyone interested, going from Ul'dah: Basically you go to Limsa Lominsa by going west at the T-junction near Black Brush, then keep going west (touch the Horizon aetheryte along the way for future teleports) and stick to the road, eventually getting to a port where you catch a boat that takes you to Limsa (touch aetheryte in town), then from there, go out of the city and take the road North (touch Bearded Rock aetheryte) and then the North-West road and you should eventually get to Skull Valley (touch aetheryte!). In fact, just North West of Bearded Rock (the first aetheryte) you'll start seeing them to the south of the road. When you get to Skull Valley, again, go south again to find more. Beware the mighty goobue around the place which can one-hit you with ease. Bloodshore is the North-East road out of Bearded Rock.

Limsa in general is a great place to level, I gotta say. Hopefully in time I'll be able to establish good leveling areas in the Ul'dah regions. I've yet to really explore Horizon with Danielle to see how the enemy colours change when you're duo partying.

EDIT: Blacksmith - rank 15! :) Man ranks take forever now. x_x

Carl the Llama
02-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Well I finally got the goal I was aiming at so I thought I would make a recent achievements thread and start it off with a good one (imo) lol

Well the achievement is this: I finally got all my fighting classes to 15, and from here I will be increasing them in 5 level leaps

ARC CON MRD PGL LNC THM GLD all level 15 ^^ can't tell you how pleased I am with myself for committing to this and finally at long last I have achieved it.

Imo its a great way to diversify your character, I use several different skill builds and its all go and best of all, if a dodo start to stalk me anymore I can kill it!!! can't tell you how frustrating it was to have them stalk me time I started leveling a new class:

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6572/ffxiv1295619118.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6605/ffxiv1295619072.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2661/ffxiv1297116181.jpg

Loony BoB
03-13-2011, 10:43 AM
I've had to delete this post to avoid double posting while still allowing me to bump up the thread. :p

Rank 20 Blacksmith
Rank 20 Armourer

:)!

Goals: Carpenter & Alchemist to rank 20, Tanner & Weaver to rank 15, then rank 20. Marauder & Miner need working up to rank 20 too. Then at that point I think I'll be ready to wait for EoFF players to kick in before I keep going. But yay for slowly chipping away at ranks when bored :p
And now...

Rank 20 Goldsmith
Rank 20 Alchemist
Rank 20 Miner

:)!

Also have done a little bit of work on some other classes - Pugilist (10), Conjurer (10), Culinarian (7) are all new classes to add to the list, so yay for that. My goal is to get every crafter to rank 20 and then do as I wish from there.

Loony BoB
04-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Rank 10 on every class. :aimsun:

I aim, eventually, to have rank 20 on every class at which point I will start focusing on particular things. I'm not a fan of archer or lancer, I'll leave the magic to Danielle and the same goes for weaving. The rest, we'll see how things go, but I'll probably focus on making weapons and metal armour for our linkshell if it ever gets really active.

Loony BoB
08-07-2012, 09:20 AM
So I figured I'd haul this back to the top of the threadlist since we have a few players from EoFF now on various servers (mostly Sargatanas... of course ;)).

My current personal goals...
- Defeat the last two NM's I'm missing out on
- Finish all the battle leve achievements for Thanalan (already most of the way there, hooray!)
- Finish all the battle leve achievements for La Noscea and Gridania (not even started ;_;")
- Defeat all three primals (got lots of experience with Ifrit but not beaten him yet)
- Do the new 1.23 stuff (Skirmish etc)
- Get MRD/WAR to L50 (currently L41)
- Get Botanist to L25 (currently L23)
- Get Miner to L38 (currently L37)
- Get Sentinel's Sabatons with at least +140HP and Felt Trousers with at least +120HP for my PLD. Probably get a better materia meld for my Vintage Kite Shield, too.

Recent achievements...
- Awesome sword, awesome belt, awesome gauntlets. :)
- Mining up to L35 (now L37) which means I can efficiently mine Grade V mining points. :)
- Got a full party with seven out of eight members being from our Linkshell. :D Seems they hang out with us more often than with other people lately, which is great. =] We have turned our LS into a main LS for people after it started out as their secondary!

*Devore*
08-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Goal:
Conjurer to L36
Carpenter to L50. But I doubt that'll happen, I get bored of crafting very quickly. But I would love to be able to make my own bows and arrows.
Complete Bard quests
Defeat primals
Do a skirmish

Rostum
08-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Hmm let's see, before 2.0 my goals are:
- Get Bard to 50 (only 3 more levels to go), and do the last Bard quest;
- Finish "To Kill a Raven", and then the last of the Grand Company quests;
- Get the rest of my DoW / DoM classes to 30;
- Unlikely, but would love to beat Garuda;
- Try and finish the exploration achievements.

Recent achievements are:
- Got Warrior to 50 and completed all the quests;
- Got Mining to 45 and have been making some sweet gil;
- Beat Ifrit and Moogles.

Haven't had much time to play, so not sure if I'll get any of this done before 2.0 rolls around.

Loony BoB
08-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Update on some of my previous goals...

- Finish all the battle leve achievements for Thanalan (already most of the way there, hooray!)
Done!

- Finish all the battle leve achievements for La Noscea and Gridania (not even started ;_;")
Have done all L40 leves for La Noscea, a lot of L30 leves there too. Also done a bunch of L40 leves in Gridania.

Currently L48

- Get Botanist to L25 (currently L23)
Done!

And for some reason not on my previous list: Get ARM to L50!
DONE! :D :D :D Woohoo~

So my updated goals list... (short term to long term)
- Do all my WAR/MRD quests
- Finish all the battle leve achievements for La Noscea and Gridania
- Unlock WHM (CNJ currently L27)
- Complete the main storyline
- Complete the MIN and GSM quests
- Defeat all three primals (got lots of experience with Ifrit but not beaten him yet)
- Get Sentinel's Sabatons with at least +140HP and Felt Trousers with at least +120HP for my PLD. Probably get a better materia meld for my Vintage Kite Shield, too.
- Get BSM, GSM, CRP and ALC to L40, get LTW to L30
- Not a timed goal, but on the way through all the above, continue to grow the Fat Chocobos LinkShell. For now, I'll say the goal is to add two more people.

Loony BoB
08-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Update!

Done!

- Do all my WAR/MRD quests
Done!

Done!

- Finish all the battle leve achievements for La Noscea and Gridania
DONE!!! :D

Tried Skirmish but failed (someone dc half way through so we lost our full party bonuses etc. as well as a valuable member), haven't done much more else.

- Complete the main storyline
Done!

- Complete the MIN and GSM quests
Done!

Have double-melded some Cobalt Sabatons I made, bought Felt Trousers +1 with triple meld and have no money for a Vintage Kite Shield +1 with a double meld. :p

- Get BSM, GSM, CRP and ALC to L40, get LTW to L30
BSM is now L47, GSM L40, CRP L33, ALC L37, LTW L28.

- Not a timed goal, but on the way through all the above, continue to grow the Fat Chocobos LinkShell. For now, I'll say the goal is to add two more people.
Added at least four people. xD I'll keep this goal as-is, though. It's getting really active during evenings, we had a six-person power leveling session last night, preparing for a leveling session in the coming days so we have enough versatility in our jobs to all be able to get into Aurum Vale with a quality party/job setup. :)

- Unlock WHM
- Get CUL and WVR to L28 (so I can get rid of my low level crafting gear)
- Get CNJ/WHM to L50 (currently L30)
- Do all my WHM quests
- Get BSM to L50 (currently L47)
- Try out Hamlet
- Complete Aurum Vale and Cutter's Cry
- Complete the new 1.23 stuff (Skirmish etc)
- Get a better Vintage Kite Shield and a better axe.
- Get GSM, CRP and ALC to L45, get LTW to L30
- Get Miner to L50 (currently L38)
- Ongoing goal: Continue to grow the Fat Chocobos LinkShell.

Loony BoB
09-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Update!

Not On Previous List
Got every class to L30. :D Unlocked every battle job, too.

- Unlock WHM
Done!

- Get CUL and WVR to L28 (so I can get rid of my low level crafting gear)
Done!

- Get BSM to L50 (currently L47)
Done!

- Complete the new 1.23 stuff (Skirmish etc)
Done loads of Atomos farming and done United We Stand (and got top Grand Company rank) with the help of our very awesome LS - tried it loads with other people outside our LS and kept failing badly, but when our LS got together we did it with zero deaths on the first attempt. Helly yeah! Still need to do To Kill A Raven (next on our Linkshell's "to do" list) and yet to be successful in Skirmish.

- Get a better Vintage Kite Shield and a better axe.
Got a better axe, at least.

- Get GSM, CRP and ALC to L45, get LTW to L30
Got ALC to L45, got LTW to L31. GSM and CRP both on L40 at the moment.

- Get Miner to L50 (currently L38)
Currently L40.

TSoL and Tifa's Boobs are in! :D Otherwise this has kind of slowed, although I did finally nab Killyk in, who we used to party with before Fat Chocobos went active.

- Complete To Kill A Raven and Skirmish
- Get CRP to L45 (currently L40)
- Get FSH, BTN, CUL, LTW and WVR to L38 (so I can get rid of my L28 crafting/gathering gear)
- Get WHM and BLM to L50 (both currently L30)
- Do all my WHM and BLM quests
- Get Miner to L50 (currently L40)
- Try out Hamlet
- Start A Relic Reborn once I've got the Hamlet stuff sorted out
- Complete Aurum Vale and Cutter's Cry
- Get a Vintage Kite Shield +1 with 2x Bloodthirst IV materia.

Loony BoB
10-29-2012, 10:43 AM
- Complete To Kill A Raven and Skirmish
To Kill A Raven - Done! Skirmish not, but not bothered about it, really.

- Get CRP to L45 (currently L40)
Level 50 now. :D

- Get FSH, BTN, CUL, LTW and WVR to L38 (so I can get rid of my L28 crafting/gathering gear)
All around L32 now, I think.

Beat Ifrit. Don't think we'll manage Garuda in the time we have, but we hope to have a shot at Moogle King tomorrow.

- Get Miner to L50 (currently L40)
L45, and stopped there pretty much.

A few new members. :)

- Defeat Moogle King before 1.0
- Find effective ways to keep in touch with all active members of the Fat Chocobos linkshell, so we can organise ourselves for 2.0