PDA

View Full Version : Let's do it forever

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-01-2010, 04:45 AM
My children, I've seen this day coming for a long time. As of September 30—which is, in fact, this day, assuming you don't live in <i>Wales</i> or something—I have been a member of Eyes on Final Fantasy for a solid decade.

<center>http://www.snowy-day.net/grokyou/effoff/bouxunne.jpg</center>

In that time, I have seen prunes, upgrades, memorable and dramatic events of all kinds, lovely banishings, and a constantly-shifting stable of leadership, of which Sean Robinson personally made me a part since my third week here. In that role, I have enjoyed the pleasure of guiding and doling righteous punishment to countless little neophytes, passionately debating policy, being loved by Bleys, complaining loudly about the things I can't fix myself, invading little girls' Erotic nightmares, and uploading the best emoticons here. As a member, I have indulged deeply in the cleverness and compassion of people I would consider my peers: luminous persons who have irrevocably helped shape my perception and sensibilities; people even more elusive than I am, who fell off the edge of the Internet, whom I will never, ever stop missing; and all of these, wonderful individuals to whom I shall always be grateful for bequeathing me these memories.

I also don't plan on stopping. Obviously, I haven't been around very much lately, but while I am not wont to explain myself, I can say that I'm occupied committing hideously good deeds in the real world—deeds which affect <i>your</i> day-to-day life. Hideously. But this will change in time, as it always does. And I'll never stop coming back here, because you kids are just too much fun. I'll be around as long as Warren Whatever and company keep us staggering around on freako zombie ad-<i>ver</i>-tisment money. You don't need to thank me. I'm just saying—you're welcome. <i>More</i> than welcome. Actually, come here.

But, man. I did want to point out the occasion, but I'd never start my own appreciation thread. This is for you, too. For all you newbies who registered in 2002 or whatever, and you WesLY Moores who have been here even longer than I have, what has this place given to you? What have you taken from it—and why do you keep coming back?

<center>http://www.snowy-day.net/grokyou/effoff/bouxunnelv50.png</center>

Aside, of course, from my sweet, sweet tentacles? :yamete:

Marshall Banana
10-01-2010, 04:49 AM
http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/nunchucks.jpg

rubah
10-01-2010, 04:50 AM
I came here so I'll waiting here so if you come here I'll be waiting here for you. I promise.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-01-2010, 05:01 AM
<center>http://www.snowy-day.net/grokyou/allisonjones/allison20091207.png</center>

Rye
10-01-2010, 05:13 AM
Wow, a whole decade. That makes the mind spin somewhat.

I have about a year and half until I hit my decade. I wonder if I'll still be around at that time...?

qwertysaur
10-01-2010, 05:24 AM
Something about the cookies makes leaving for too long impossible... :cookie:

Bunny
10-01-2010, 05:32 AM
I came for the conversation and stayed because I loathe you all.

Marshall Banana
10-01-2010, 06:15 AM
I came for the conversation and stayed because I loathe you all. http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/emoticons/bunny_pooping.gif

Rodarian
10-01-2010, 06:46 AM
KISHI!!!!!!!!!!!! *HUGGLES AND LOVE*

I think I just orgasmed....*note that Roddy is @ work*

Its already been decade and then some for me too...Honestly this site is the bee's knee.....

Alive-Cat
10-01-2010, 08:40 AM
It's the love fest, I tell you. THE LOVE FEST. The eoff community is simply too loving. :heart:

Pheesh
10-01-2010, 08:57 AM
The site's on my speed dial and I don't know how to take it off again.

G13
10-01-2010, 12:04 PM
I come back for the good friends I've made here and this sweet ass emote. :monster:

I probably haven't offered this place much though... that's kind of a depressing thought actually, considering how much time I spend here.

Old Manus
10-01-2010, 01:33 PM
We still have a few days before we reach the 30th. I can't congratulate you yet.

Peegee
10-01-2010, 02:19 PM
I have about 6 more months before I hit my 10th birthday. Then there's the people going '10 years?? pfft'

but this forum is such an everyday thing that it wil never go away. We'll be here when we all have kids complaining about foibles of parenting. JUST YOU WATCH

hai kishi.

Raistlin
10-01-2010, 05:03 PM
I will have been here 11 years in just over two months. Jesus.

I keep coming back because it is still entertaining to mock all of you losers.

Rodarian
10-01-2010, 07:48 PM

The only reason you keep coming back is to make sure that Shlup hasn't gotten herself another pimp......

Peegee
10-01-2010, 08:00 PM

The only reason you keep coming back is to make sure that Shlup hasn't gotten herself another pimp......

Your're just jealous.

NorthernChaosGod
10-01-2010, 09:20 PM

You stole my post.

Raistlin
10-01-2010, 11:13 PM

Are you kidding? She could never leave me.

My doors are only three feet wide.

Bunny
10-01-2010, 11:22 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_blGfuJqvbMU/SEjAFQz1_4I/AAAAAAAAA-c/FeYPD0Nnr8s/s320/Rim+Shot+Johnny+Utah.jpg

Shlup
10-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Kishi let's play Dominion!!! I went to James' Games last weekend. I'll bet Jeremy took you there. It was fabulous.

I have a few months left until I hit the decade mark.

Loony BoB
10-04-2010, 04:45 PM
I keep coming back because someone needs to bug Kishi every now and then to get back to posting. :smash:

Ten years for me too, Kawaii! I remember calling you Kawaii. Back when you used to legitimately frighten newbies en masse. xD Good times.

Rase
10-05-2010, 03:21 AM
I'm, what, seven years? On and off, probably closer to like 4-5 active years, if that. EoFF is a nice place to swing by and discuss whatever the hell is being talked about at the moment, and get some more insight into some areas. I keep coming back because, well, it's one of my tabs that opens up automatically, so... yeah.

Vyk
10-05-2010, 05:18 AM
I take frequent random long hiatuses but its just too amusing to stay away forever. I used to be pretty active and known. I think now I'm more of one of those enigma people who post randomly with no friends and nobody understands. Fun :(

Shiny
10-05-2010, 06:08 AM
but while I am not wont to explain myself,
This isn't the real Kishi. He doesn't make these grammatical mistakes.

Madonna
10-05-2010, 06:13 AM
Kawaii Ryűkishi, we have known each other long enough to not beat around the bush; I want to buy you a beverage. Afterward, we could perhaps dance or read two different books while seated on opposing couches, and when we tire of teasing one another, we go into the backroom and boink like a game of whack-a-mole. Later still, we could wrap each other up in our arms and watch the beautiful night sky and talk of our plans together for the rest of our lives, wondering if our shooting star is to come.

http://vignettegrimoire.com/_lynx/cupboarddust2.jpg

Certainty steeps my heart the more I dwell upon thoughts of you, Kawaii Ryűkishi, and know you now of an unfailing love clawing its way through my veins. Burgeoning would not be an ill-advised adjective to describe my symptoms. I do feel feverish, I do feel perspiration at my temples, but this is the one time, if only time, courage rears its head long enough for me to confess these emotions. Should you not return my lust-turned love, shake not your head and gun down the hope soaring from my bosom. No, instead please carry on as we have; selfishly I beg this of you though I simultaneously burden you. I feel you can bear it, the brunt of these clumsy and awkward keystrokes.

http://vignettegrimoire.com/_lynx/cupboarddust1.jpg

I thought your post deserved a reply but giving a just reply was beyond me, so I went with bizarre. Please appreciate the effort.

black orb
10-05-2010, 08:14 PM
>>> Still a decent FF forum, reason enough to keep coming back..:luca:

Alive-Cat
10-05-2010, 08:17 PM
I take frequent random long hiatuses but its just too amusing to stay away forever. I used to be pretty active and known. I think now I'm more of one of those enigma people who post randomly with no friends and nobody understands. Fun :(

Breine
10-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Whoa, ten years. That's a long time. But then again I've been here 7.5 myself. We're all a bunch of old farty veterans, really.

Anyway, I keep coming back because EoFF is a lot of fun. There are a lot of cool, interesting and nice people here. Us nerds are just plain ol' fun!
Sadly I haven't had the time to be around that much lately, but hopefully that'll change.

Rocket Edge
10-07-2010, 01:17 PM
These forums are just like an old friend.

rubah
10-07-2010, 04:13 PM
but while I am not wont to explain myself,
This isn't the real Kishi. He doesn't make these grammatical mistakes.
what mistake (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wont)?

Jessweeee♪
10-07-2010, 04:51 PM
EoFF is pretty amazing to still be this strong after so many years xD

Rodarian
10-08-2010, 07:38 AM
Yes but I miss the golden era of Eyes On. circa 2000-2005

Rantz
10-08-2010, 09:53 AM
BoB's theory holds true I see.

Loony BoB
10-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Ahahaha, seriously. xD

NorthernChaosGod
10-08-2010, 02:47 PM
BoB's theory holds true I see.

What theory is that?

Psychotic
10-08-2010, 03:26 PM
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/goldenage.jpg

We had a good run.

Raistlin
10-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Well to me the Golden Age was before most of you losers ever joined, 1999-2001. As I have shown a clear exception to that equation, it must be rejected as fallacious.

QED, bitches.

(Though EoFF still was pretty good until that Psy weirdo was modded. All downhill from there)

KentaRawr!
10-08-2010, 05:07 PM
One day, when web forums have all been converted into VR Cities, our children will also use these boards. Then our children's children. Then our children's children's children. And then, EoFF will have become a major internet superpower.

Bunny
10-09-2010, 10:31 AM
I look forward to the day my great grandchildren can make fun of your great grandchildren for being prudes on the internet.

Jessweeee♪
10-09-2010, 06:46 PM
I don't know what it was like before 2005, but I am so glad that it's not the same as it was then. I made this thread once about how nifty turbo controllers were in the FFVIII forum, because Irvine's Shot becomes like eight thousand times more powerful with a turbo controller (I mean I killed pretty much anything ever by Fast Shot + TURBOOO) and when you have to push that missile in place during Selphie's mission you don't need to cramp up your thumb. Also Boost! But I did not get the fun replies I was expecting. Everyone replied with things like YOU DIRTY ROTTEN CHEATER HAVE YOU NO PRIDE YOU ARE THE WORST SCUM EVER and it made me sad :(

Madonna
10-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Dirty rotten cheaters know how to get ahead in in life; you should feel no shame over that. Admitting to being one, however, is disgusting.

Edit: Everything sucked about as much then as it does now; nostalgia filters out a lot of the bad in life.

KentaRawr!
10-10-2010, 03:03 PM
I look forward to the day my great grandchildren can make fun of your great grandchildren for being prudes on the internet.

>:[ My great grand-children will at least be in a better cyber-college than yours.

Jiro
10-12-2010, 12:41 PM
The Golden Era was before my days, then disappeared, then returned when I disappeared...

Wait...

Did I break EoFF? :(

KentaRawr!
10-13-2010, 06:04 PM
No, no. You didn't break EoFF! You were just the first to make it apparent that it might not be perfect! :D

escobert
10-13-2010, 07:56 PM
I have nothing to do all day so I come here :p

Tarshish
10-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Ahhhhh... the turn of the Millenium, when the popular vote was discarded in presidential elections, I couldn't legally drink, and the golden age of EoFF. But seriously, that was the last time that I was pretty active on these forums. I remember some pretty good chats in the chat room. I feel like that was also the golden age of the Final Fantasy series (or Silver Age maybe?), and that would explain things. But I come visit every couple of years, and this place just feels like an old sweater. The fact that some of you (Kawaii) are still here gives me a happy feeling inside. I don't even care if no one remembers me. lol. I guess my 10 year is coming up, but I don't count it because I hadn't been here in five years.

Alive-Cat
10-14-2010, 05:09 PM
EOFF 4 LIFE!! :heart:

Vyk
10-14-2010, 11:06 PM
I don't know what it was like before 2005, but I am so glad that it's not the same as it was then. I made this thread once about how nifty turbo controllers were in the FFVIII forum, because Irvine's Shot becomes like eight thousand times more powerful with a turbo controller (I mean I killed pretty much anything ever by Fast Shot + TURBOOO) and when you have to push that missile in place during Selphie's mission you don't need to cramp up your thumb. Also Boost! But I did not get the fun replies I was expecting. Everyone replied with things like YOU DIRTY ROTTEN CHEATER HAVE YOU NO PRIDE YOU ARE THE WORST SCUM EVER and it made me sad :(

I've never made a big habit out of making topics, but I still seem to pick topics to make threads out of that rarely garner "the fun replies". Phooey lol I've learned not to be self-conscious about it though