PDA

View Full Version : save your money dont buy this game

halex42
10-01-2010, 03:18 PM
this game is the worst mmorpg i have ever played in my life and i have been playing games for over 25 years just do yourselfs a favor check the reviews out there and even the japanese players are rating this game very badly i played this game for 3 days and have already cancelled my account the game mechanics fail badly here just a few of the failed problems of this game 1) no auction house?? no really there isnt one what a joke you can spend a hour clicking on other peoples retainers trying to find the item you need 2) experience cap WTF were you people thinking 3) no zoom on the map how hard is it to design that lol 4) pay more money for extra characters please no thanks 5) everyone can have the same classes so grouping up will be super frustrating 6) you cant invite someone to a linkshell/guild unless you meet them personally first come on be for real 7) keyboard/mouse NOT friendly at all in short term its horrible 8) to chat with someone you have to type the persons name everytime to reply no really what a joke i could go on and on and on about how badly this game was made i played ffxi for 2 years and its better than this piece of crap just do yourselfs a favor and just dont buy this game at all

KentaRawr!
10-01-2010, 03:48 PM
You're too late. Lots of us already bought it. We also have a very severe disease that causes us to like it. I'm so sorry. :(

Mirage
10-01-2010, 04:02 PM
ITT: Misinformation.

Loony BoB
10-01-2010, 04:14 PM
You joined just to slag off a game? Will you be posting in the other forums at all?

Del Murder
10-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Some of those are valid concerns and some are just plain wrong. I think your concerns that are valid will be fixed by SE eventually. Give them some time, maybe until the PS3 version?

Mirage
10-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Yeah, FF14's main problem is that they released a beta build.

kotora
10-01-2010, 05:17 PM
I agree with the TS, if he didn't buy the game he could've gotten some grammar lessons instead. Couldn't even read his post beyond the first line.

Carl the Llama
10-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Considering I have already bought the game over a week ago I would consider this way to late, additionally I love the game, awesome community and the no AH thing is actually a good idea as no one knows how much the items should be and it would be much betting in the short run to not have an AH as it would be a wonderful tool for RMT's to use, but fear not, if you really hate the game then maybe you could pass your account on to someone who
1. Likes the game.
2. knows how to construct a sentence with proper grammar.
and
3. Does not join websites just to slag off a game.

Citizen Bleys
10-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Considering I have already bought the game over a week ago I would consider this way to late, additionally I love the game, awesome community and the no AH thing is actually a good idea as no one knows how much the items should be and it would be much betting in the short run to not have an AH as it would be a wonderful tool for RMT's to use, but fear not, if you really hate the game then maybe you could pass your account on to someone who
1. Likes the game.
2. knows how to construct a sentence with proper grammar.
and
3. Does not join websites just to slag off a game.

Posts like this make me wish forums had a "Like/X users liked this" button. Guess the reputation system will have to do.

Mirage
10-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Too bad no reputation system is complete without the ability to give negative rep!

Rostum
10-03-2010, 03:06 AM
I'm liking the game. My only complaint is that when you fail a guildleve you have to wait almost two days to repeat it, which is especially frustrating when the current leve gets aborted for no reason with 20 minutes left on the clock.

Sure there are some other issues, but every MMO launch I've played has these kind of issues that usually get ironed out fairly quickly.

Mirage
10-03-2010, 05:14 AM
Hahaha they still haven't fixed that? lol.

Loony BoB
10-03-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm liking the game. My only complaint is that when you fail a guildleve you have to wait almost two days to repeat it, which is especially frustrating when the current leve gets aborted for no reason with 20 minutes left on the clock.

Sure there are some other issues, but every MMO launch I've played has these kind of issues that usually get ironed out fairly quickly.
The only time I've had that happen is when I went to the aetheryte to abandon it or I disconnected. So perhaps the reason they haven't ironed that out quickly is because not many people are having it happen... I've done probably about 100 leves altogether now but haven't had them disappear without cause. How strange.

The disconnect one is a pain, though. They treat that as "You left the zone, and therefore abandoned the quest" which sucks. Especially when you had already done 90% of the leve!

crono_logical
10-03-2010, 10:46 AM
I have no intentions of buying this game, MMORPGs are not to my liking :monster:

Rostum
10-03-2010, 11:22 AM

The only time I've had that happen is when I went to the aetheryte to abandon it or I disconnected. So perhaps the reason they haven't ironed that out quickly is because not many people are having it happen... I've done probably about 100 leves altogether now but haven't had them disappear without cause. How strange.

The disconnect one is a pain, though. They treat that as "You left the zone, and therefore abandoned the quest" which sucks. Especially when you had already done 90% of the leve!

Yeah, I'm really not sure what happened. It only happened once, but maybe it was to do with the guardian favor thing. Can't remember if I had it on or not. I hope they do fix it so you can just re-do it right then and there.

I have no intentions of buying this game, MMORPGs are not to my liking :monster:

Then halex42's advice served you well. :D

Loony BoB
10-03-2010, 12:40 PM
The main reason they don't allow you to redo them is people could abuse the extra exp you gain from doing a leve. If you could constantly do 90% of a leve and then abandon it somehow then you'd end up getting constantly high exp rates even on solo, which is something SE want to avoid. They want people to party up for that kind of benefit. Still, if you log off and log on again I think it should keep your timer going as if you never left, personally.

Rostum
10-03-2010, 02:02 PM
I suppose that makes sense.

Mirage
10-07-2010, 03:57 PM
That could be a reason, but it's still a pretty bad reason. There are many ways they could have avoided such a problem without screwing over people who lost their connection or crashed.

Loony BoB
10-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Depends on how easy it would be to program such things in, I imagine. I personally don't think you should be allowed to redo something if you fail it until the leve timer resets. I prefer it that way, even if sometimes I fail. It actually requires you to seriously think over things and consider how good you really are, to be a bit cautious on occasion, etc. I don't want to play a game where you are considered a smart player by constantly doing leves and failing them, either. I genuinely don't see the problem with the way leves are set up - at the moment I'm spending as much time as anyone on EoFF in the game but still struggle to find the time to get all my leves done at the same time as leveling up normally.

Basically, I like games that give 'meaning' to failure without going into overkill. At the moment you don't get penalised for dying outside of a few minutes of weakness, which is no big deal. With levequests, I like that there is the fear of failure involved instead of turning it into "Ohhhhh, poor baby, you didn't win? Here, have another go, right away! Who's my special boy? Yes you are! Yes you are!"

Rostum
10-07-2010, 10:59 PM
It'd be fine if the leve's weren't so limited. I count only two leve's for mining from rank 1 to 10.

Mirage
10-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Actually, the problem with losing leves as you DC would be solved if the leve quest simply remained active when you logged in again. Disconnect with half of the leve done? Log in again with the same half of the leve done. I don't see a way to exploit this, and it didn't take me too long to think of. I have no idea how hard it's gonna be to code it, but I don't really care either, that's SE's problem :p.

-edit-
oh, bob already sort of suggested that