PDA

View Full Version : Before Crisis director wants to remake Before Crisis to 3DS

Wolf Kanno
10-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Can't believe I'm the one posting this...

Square Enix considers Final Fantasy VII spin-off for 3DS | Metro.co.uk (http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/842632-square-enix-considers-final-fantasy-vii-spin-off-for-3ds)

Now this doesn't mean its going to happen this is simply the director saying out loud he would love to work on this project. I think it would be nice, considering SE has been porting most of their cell phone titles to the DS and and DLC it would be nice to have it ported to another platform that actually has a chance to make it outside of Japan.

Depression Moon
10-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Just want to quote these.

The constant porting is getting old. Instead of all the KH spin offs, ports, bad games, and remakes, they should be making some good console games for us. I still want Threads of Fate 2 and a new Chrono game.

This is essentially the problem with SE as of late. No more remakes, this will just serve as another detour in the developers' time. If you're gonna do something for the 3DS, make a new game entirely. VII's world has gradually lost it's unique spark with every spin off they came out with.

Elly
10-03-2010, 11:41 PM
honestly i would love to see it come stateside on a console we may actualy get, FFVII hasn't lost any of it's spark for me and i feel each installment only gives me more of the world i know and love that is FFVII... unfortunatly Tabata said he's working on a hi-def console game when he finishes "3rd Birthday" so if he does decide to do it, it may be a while and that's a big IF...