PDA

View Full Version : Legend of the Seeker

SaveOurSeeker
10-04-2010, 01:28 AM
As you may tell I am a big fan of the show and I brought the 1st book just the other day. You may or may not be aware that the show has been canceled. There is a campaign going on to bring the show back. There are a ton of people working very hard online to get the show revived and this is my little contribution.The admin on the forum have been kind enough to let me plug the campaign on here, Thanks:love:. There are currently over 30000 signatures on the petition already and we hope to get a lot more to Save Our Seeker. If you are a fan of the show then please sign the petiton that is in my sig and if you're are not a fan sign it any way, we will count it as you're good dead for the day;). Hope you can help us, Thank you. (apologies I was unaware of necroing)

Shlup
10-04-2010, 01:40 AM
Sorry, I should've been clearer in the other thread and told you directly to make a new thread. We did already have LotS threads, but they're too old to revive (we have a one-month rule). I split your post into a new thread.

The Legend of the Seeker is awesome! The cast is amazingly hot. The books are sometimes awesome and sometimes crap, but they offer a kind of story that is hard to find in other books so I've really enjoyed them overall.

SaveOurSeeker
10-04-2010, 01:51 AM
No worries, I am like a bull in a china shop at times lol? Sot/lots is so different. We don't get many things like this that done with such finesse. I am well in to the actress that plays Cara, just wow, even her facial expressions are gorgeous amongst other things. They have done well with such unknown actors. Started reading the 1st book a few days ago and loving it. I haven't read a book for 10 years since Lord of the rings. The whole fantasy genre is so under rated and in a way frowned upon so we don't get much of a chance when it comes to the tele. Cheers for sorting the thread out:cheers:

Shlup
10-04-2010, 01:59 AM
Yeah, Tab/Cara's facial expressions are great. I think I like TV!Cara better than book!Cara, though I do love book!Cara too.

SaveOurSeeker
10-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Haven't got to her in the book yet but thats what a lot of people say. No contest really with the leather suit slightly unzipped:cool:

Carl the Llama
10-04-2010, 02:08 AM
I know its off topic but if you haven't read a fantasy book in over 10 years then I have a big list of recommendations for you lol, as I am sure many other people could recommend some more for you lol.

Sorry if I misunderstood your comment "I read a book for 10 years since Lord of the Rings" I think you intended to say "I haven't read a book ect ect" though if I'm wrong please forgive my ignorance lol

Aside from that if you are in need of some recommendations then here is a list of what I would say are great reads:

The Wheel of Time series, the original author Robert Jordan (R.i.P) passed away a few years ago and now the series is going to be finished by Brandon Sanderson, I haven't actually read The Gathering Storm as I was waiting for it to come out in paperback as the rest of my collection is also PB, my sister is getting it for my birthday (which at the time of posting was yesterday) and I will have it come the 8th.

Any book by Raymond E. Feist is sure to go down a treat, ever since I read my first book by him he has been my all time favorite author... there are to many books to list them here but I own all of them and buy the new books upon their release as they are just that great.

The Dragon Prince books by Melanie Rawn are also a very awesome series, the first one is one of my all time favorite books.

And at last (but by no means least) is the Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin with characters so venomous you really cant compare the series to anything I have ever read... I have also met George and had all my books by him signed in person with a personal inscription on each of the books... was truly awesome.

Anyways back on topic I fully support this idea and will try to pester as many people as I can to sign this petition to get our awesomely pretty series back on the air!

Raistlin
10-04-2010, 02:11 AM
Cara was definitely a highlight of the TV show, which I was generally unimpressed by. The writing was oftentimes terrible, and this is compared to Goodkind's overall mediocre writing (except for one book). Outside of Cara and Kahlan (and Denna, in her appearances), I was also unimpressed by the TV-characters. So I'm not broken up about the loss of the TV show.

SaveOurSeeker
10-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Yeah you were right I haven't read a book for that long, glad you understand my hyper typing, been like it all day after moaning about the football all day on my teams forum, 1 of our best players got his leg broken and I am so :mad: about it. Thanks for the suggestions I will look into those when I finish Wizards 1st rule. Cool story about the author you met. I really appreciate you're help in my little mission. The other FF forum I post on just deleted my request, so I will be staying here for now on, people actually converse lol.

Cara was definitely a highlight of the TV show, which I was generally unimpressed by. The writing was oftentimes terrible, and this is compared to Goodkind's overall mediocre writing (except for one book). Outside of Cara and Kahlan (and Denna, in her appearances), I was also unimpressed by the TV-characters. So I'm not broken up about the loss of the TV show.
I understand where you are coming from. Though the acting was a bit corny at times. Compared to a lot of shows that are on, especially in the UK I can't name one TV show I would rather watch. It was the females that hooked me to the show at first, but they tell a decent story, I have no time for glee, NCIS, Two and a half Men:roll2 etc and all the soap opera's we have to deal with. It was great to see to see a fantasy show and it really re-sparked my interest in the genre which I am thankful for.

Merged posts. I kindly ask you to please use the "Edit Post" button instead of double posting. ~Shiny

Vyk
10-04-2010, 02:51 AM
I only caught bits and pieces of the show but it piqued my interest a little. Not enough for me to religiously check it out or anything. But I appreciated the concept. And from what I got of the concept, they were actually <i>going</i> for that cheesey low-budget Hurcules/Xena feel. And from what I saw they kinda captured it. And with something rather independent and probably really original. So kudos to them for that

I've never heard of a petition actually working in these regards. Though I think a move like this is what got Firefly a movie, but it didn't get the series back on. So I guess it can accomplish <i>something</i>

Raistlin
10-04-2010, 02:54 AM
Yeah but Firefly was infinitely better than this show.

SaveOurSeeker
10-04-2010, 02:57 AM
Yeah but Firefly was infinitely better than this show.
Don't know that one, I will take you're word for it and have a look online for it:)

I only caught bits and pieces of the show but it piqued my interest a little. Not enough for me to religiously check it out or anything. But I appreciated the concept. And from what I got of the concept, they were actually going for that cheesey low-budget Hurcules/Xena feel. And from what I saw they kinda captured it. And with something rather independent and probably really original. So kudos to them for that

I've never heard of a petition actually working in these regards. Though I think a move like this is what got Firefly a movie, but it didn't get the series back on. So I guess it can accomplish something
I have low expectations of it working. I am a lazy arse so actualy going out of my way slightly to do something feels quite good. It is a harmless show if you get me, probably more of a boys thing though with all the eye candy.A movie would be good, it is nice to sort of rebel against the tv executives who decide what we watch rasther than us.

Merged

Shorty
10-04-2010, 03:51 AM
If Firefly wasn't able to be brought back, I don't think that Legend of the Seeker has a chance in hell.

Shlup
10-05-2010, 03:11 AM
Veronica Mars got brought back because of fan support. :mymelbert:

Vyk
10-05-2010, 05:19 AM
I'm sure Family Guy and Futurama were of a similar story

Raistlin
10-05-2010, 05:27 AM
Ok, Family Guy is an example of a show worse than LotS being brought back, so you got me there.

Breine
10-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Ok, Family Guy is an example of a show worse than LotS being brought back, so you got me there.

Oh snap!

I enjoyed watching Legend of the Seeker. Sure, some of the episodes where crap and the writing was sometimes terrible, but it was an overall pretty enjoyable fantasy show, and it had it's cool/great moments. Also, Kahlan and Cara were terrific and badass like hell, and the show had an overall hot young cast.

I was somewhat annoyed with the rushed ending of the show, and would therefore have liked a third season to be produced. Hopefully they'd then be able to further improve the show. But anyway, it's not like the show's ever going to get picked up again *shrug*

SaveOurSeeker
10-06-2010, 04:31 PM

Oh snap!

I enjoyed watching Legend of the Seeker. Sure, some of the episodes where crap and the writing was sometimes terrible, but it was an overall pretty enjoyable fantasy show, and it had it's cool/great moments. Also, Kahlan and Cara were terrific and badass like hell, and the show had an overall hot young cast.

I was somewhat annoyed with the rushed ending of the show, and would therefore have liked a third season to be produced. Hopefully they'd then be able to further improve the show. But anyway, it's not like the show's ever going to get picked up again *shrug*
The only thing that bugged me was the rushed ending of each episode. For example the whole world coming to an end yet for it all to be resolved in the last 5 minutes. The producers/writers should learn the beauty of 2 parters.

Alive-Cat
10-06-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm unsure about what LEGEND OF THE SEEKER is but I do a little bit of seeking every single day. In fact, don't we all? I think seeking is something we can all relate to and therefore you have my full support.

escobert
10-06-2010, 07:29 PM
I've watched a few episodes and enjoyed what I saw. Sucks that shows who are trying to be something get jumped around and then dumped while shows that are just terrible run for 4257458973 seasons.

Ultima Shadow
10-06-2010, 07:53 PM
...wow, I really didn't know this show was so loved.

I watched half an episode, and decided to never bother watching it again.

The trailers I've seen were just embarrassing. They were like an attempt at showing as many of the most extreme fantasy-cliches as possible within 30 seconds... combined with over-the-top cheesyness. And I've seen unofficial amatuer videos on YouTube with better acting.

...but maybe I just saw the worst of it.

Vyk
10-06-2010, 08:55 PM

Well I honestly can't say I know for sure why Family Guy was brought back. I imagine it had to do with more than just fan support. But quality of the shows in question wasn't really what I was going on. Just the concept of fan support possibly resurrecting series. And Family Guy and Futurama occurred to me as good reference points for that argument. Though I'd have reiterate your own point. Why Family Guy and not Firefly? Sad sad world

Shlup
10-07-2010, 10:11 PM
For the record, the ending of the book series is awful.

Raistlin
10-07-2010, 10:35 PM
And by "ending" she means the entirety of the last four books.

Shlup
10-07-2010, 11:28 PM
I liked books 9, 10, and 11. Just not the end.

[spoiler]They built up this whole awesome "LAY WASTE TO THE OLD WORLD" thing and then just kind of mentioned a couple of times how it wasn't going very well, and then "oh btw all of the Books of Counted shadows are bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:" and then this weird almost breaking the fourth wall thing. Also not enough sex in the last few books. Well, consensual sex.[spoiler]

Raistlin
10-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Uh, books 9, 10, and 11 are the last three books. :p I assume you mean you liked NE, Chainfire, and Phantom, (8, 9, and 10) but I hope not because those three sucked. NE was the beginning of substituting speeches for dialogue and had the most obnoxious deus ex machina ending; Chainfire was really, really slow and covered only about 50 pages of actual development; and Phantom had plenty of more speeches and started off with lengthy and obnoxiously repetitive "OMG THE ORDER IS TERRIBLE" stories/flashbacks (BACK TO BACK EVEN WTF) about stuff we already knew was happening since book four.

I agree that Confessor was probably the worst, though, which is saying a lot.

Shlup
10-08-2010, 01:31 AM
When I say I liked the last three books I mean I liked the last three books, ass. I just didn't like the last three chapters of the last book. Naked Empire was awful.

Though, if nothing else, these books helped me get really good at skimming.

Raistlin
10-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Well how am I supposed to know what you mean by "the end." :mad2: "The end of the series" is a reasonable interpretation. Plus, it's not like a counting error on your part would be very surprising!

Speaking of the end of Confessor, when it first came out the story going around was that Goodkind wrote the last 80 or whatever pages in one sitting to meet a deadline. The catch is, everyone seemed to consider this impressive. My first thought was "it shows."

Shlup
10-08-2010, 02:53 AM
I agree that it shows. The entire description of what he did with the boxes of Orden, creating the separate worlds could've been done in one solid paragraph, rather than pages upon pages.

Raistlin
10-08-2010, 03:36 AM
Yes, that was bad, especially for all the made-up-on-the-spot retconing going on about the Boxes and Book of Counted Shadows. Another really annoying part was the retarded "unwritten rule," which Goodkind seemed so proud of, especially in interviews where he said "I WROTE IT CLEARLY IN THERE IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT IT'S NOT MY FAULT IT'S OBVIOUS BECAUSE I AM A GENIUS." You'd be hard-pressed to find someone more full of himself.

Shlup
10-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Goodkind hurts my face.

Is the unwritten rule that you can make up whatever bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: you want?