PDA

View Full Version : Syrup

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-04-2010, 07:55 PM
People who warm their syrup before putting it on pancakes/french toast/whatever are fucking weird.

Discuss.

Clo
10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Um, but it's delicious.

I'll be a loonie, if it means I get to eat delicious things.

qwertysaur
10-04-2010, 08:54 PM
But it's delicious. :quina:

Inferno
10-04-2010, 08:55 PM
My uncle used to own a sugar shack. He made the best maple syrup in the world ! In fact, Quebec's maple syrup producers beat you all.

escobert
10-04-2010, 08:58 PM
No. Vermont Maple Syrup is the best in the world.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-04-2010, 09:41 PM
The enjoyment of syrup is not the situation here. It is simply those who warm their syrup.

I love syrup, but what is the point in warming it? It doesn't make it any better, and the pancakes are already warm. It isn't like the syrup is cold or anything. I'm baffled.

I myself use Log Cabin Syrup. Is tasty indeed.

Jessweeee♪
10-04-2010, 09:49 PM
The enjoyment of syrup is not the situation here. It is simply those who warm their syrup.

I love syrup, but what is the point in warming it? It doesn't make it any better, and the pancakes are already warm. It isn't like the syrup is cold or anything. I'm baffled.

I myself use Log Cabin Syrup. Is tasty indeed.

If you heat frozen waffles in the toaster then they can get cold pretty fast. Also some people keep their syrup refrigerated. I've never personally warmed my syrup but it sounds like a good idea. (remember when they came with color changing temperature labels?!)

I don't like the idea of repeatedly microwaving the same syrup container though. It should be poured into a dipping cup first!

Also now I want french toast sticks.

Shlup
10-04-2010, 10:35 PM
I use whatever syrup is cheapest at the market. And I don't heat it.

My mother's ex-husband was all about having real maple and heating it and stuff. Fucking Canadians.

Agent Proto
10-04-2010, 10:49 PM
I don't think I've tried heating syrup, but I can really see the appeal in doing so! One being that it's less sticky than unheated syrup and it pours smoothly. I can really see that as an advantage! :D Of course, I like syrup without heating though since I do kinda see this as a rather pointless habit.

escobert
10-04-2010, 11:24 PM
I use whatever syrup is cheapest at the market. And I don't heat it.

My mother's ex-husband was all about having real maple and heating it and stuff. Fucking Canadians.
you gotta have the real :bou::bou::bou::bou: c'mon now!

Clo
10-04-2010, 11:31 PM
To make it warm like the pancakes so you don't have lukewarm/cold stuff on your pancakes FUCKING DUH.

Chris
10-04-2010, 11:56 PM
I only eat natural honey. Just honey. Nothing else. It's healthy, and sweeter than sugar. :|

Bunny
10-05-2010, 12:55 AM
My girlfriend warms her syrup before putting it on her pancakes. I punch her in the stomach and yell at her for ruining delicious syrup. Then I eat her pancakes.

>:|

Shorty
10-05-2010, 01:51 AM
I heat my syrup up. It's awful when you have delicious hot pancakes or waffles that are ruined by cold syrup.

Alive-Cat
10-05-2010, 11:46 AM
I warm up my pancakes before I put them near the syrup, which is gestating at room temper for a day or two. This gives it the necessary fuels to become SUPER FUCKING SYRUP, and it makes the overall end pancake product much more successful. I suggest it to anyone who feels like their life doesn't have enough gestating pancake syrup in it, or anyone who likes The Powerpuff Girls.