PDA

View Full Version : Facebook question for you

Levian
10-04-2010, 11:46 PM
A question sparked by a recent discussion with my good friend Pr00t!

Did you join facebook because you knew a lot of EoFFers were there, or did EoFF have nothing to do with you deciding to join facebook?

If you do not own a facebook, get out! GETTTTT OUTTTTTTT. :jess:

Shlup
10-04-2010, 11:51 PM
I got a Facebook for a far nerdier reason.

Don't bother asking.

Shoeberto
10-04-2010, 11:56 PM
I joined because I was in high school and it's what everyone was using after realizing Myspace was a pile of turds.

escobert
10-05-2010, 12:00 AM
I joined because most of my friends had one.

Cuchulainn
10-05-2010, 12:12 AM
I got facebook years ago, before it was number 1 social network balls but obnly really started usin it frequently last year.

Fuck all to do with you lot tho.

Bastian
10-05-2010, 12:14 AM
I joined the FB bandwagon years ago when it seemed all my friends were jumping ship from Myspace.

There are exactly two EoFFers on my Facebook. And I never really talk to either one of them ever anyway. :(

Jessweeee♪
10-05-2010, 12:21 AM
I used to enjoy Myspace but all of my friends moved onto facebook so I did too. I could have decided not to give into peer pressure and stay on Myspace, but there's no point in using a social networking website when there is no one to socialize with!

Rye
10-05-2010, 12:23 AM
FB was entirely separate from EoFF. I've only very recently started adding a few trusted EoFFers.

Levian
10-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Might as well add my own answer as well. Me joining facebook had nothing to do with EoFF, might be obvious by the fact that I only speak Norwegian there.

Miriel
10-05-2010, 12:29 AM
I joined Facebook back when it was only accessible to people from very specific Universities in the United States. This was in... 2004?

It was the elitist alternative to myspace. And now my baby cousins are on Facebook and I stay far far away because seeing their updates makes me cry a little inside.

Agent Proto
10-05-2010, 12:30 AM
No. I joined FB because of family. I do have a couple EoFFers as friends though but they're not the reason I have FB.

Jessweeee♪
10-05-2010, 12:32 AM
I really miss the customization freedom Myspace gave you, but I don't at all miss the way people would abuse it xD

Bunny
10-05-2010, 12:46 AM
FB was entirely separate from EoFF. I've only very recently started adding a few trusted EoFFers.

wtf :(

I joined Facebook because it was the cool thing to do.

Rase
10-05-2010, 02:20 AM
Joined for college.

NorthernChaosGod
10-05-2010, 02:31 AM
Did anyone actually join Facebook because of EoFF? :Oo:

Raistlin
10-05-2010, 03:20 AM
I only started using Facebook about a year ago, and it was due to law school.

Værn
10-05-2010, 04:00 AM
I used to enjoy Myspace but all of my friends moved onto facebook so I did too. I could have decided not to give into peer pressure and stay on Myspace, but there's no point in using a social networking website when there is no one to socialize with!

This. Also, I was told there would be cake. I was very disappointed :(

Levian
10-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Did anyone actually join Facebook because of EoFF? :Oo:

That's the point I was trying to illustrate! :]

LJ is a site I think many people joined because of EoFF, I know I would never have joined LJ if it wasn't for this place. Facebook, on the other hand, has some EoFF related things on it, but being a member of EoFF doesn't mean you're more likely to get a facebook than if you weren't a member of EoFF.

Peegee
10-05-2010, 04:30 AM
EoFF > fb > adding eoffers to fb > ruining my life with spam

I will say fb makes it easier to start eoff orgy invites though!

Vyk
10-05-2010, 05:06 AM
This month has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 sundays. This only happens every 823 years

Facebook told me so

Shiny
10-05-2010, 06:58 AM
I got a Facebook for a far nerdier reason.

Don't bother asking.

*asks*

I joined because my friends from high school and college were pressuring me to get one. PEER PRESSURE! I had no interest. I decided to do so because I got tired of deleting their emails and texts from my inbox. I ended up staying because it's easier to network with people when I can't remember their name on my phone because for some reason I thought it was a good idea to not put last names and now I have like 18 Justins. No lie.

Vyk
10-05-2010, 07:50 AM
I should maybe answer the question. Except I can no longer remember why I joined Facebook. Or rather, who I joined it for. I remember joining MySpace, 'cause this chick from my first internet community asked me to and I knew a few other people had it. And it took me a year or two to get into it. And I took notice when people started migrating to Facebook. I remember getting an account and loathing the set-up of Facebook. It was so cluttered and messy and noisy. And it still is. Extremely. But I've gotten used to it. All the ads on the side, all your BS on the other side. And all everyone else's BS in the middle. Ugh. And now MySpace is copying all that. But I've left MySpace behind. Not only because everyone bailed and I don't want to be there alone. But the only people I know who still use MySpace are really immature and generally emo. Granted Facebook has a lot of that. But it has everyone else too. Everyone who left MySpace and doesn't use both. So I stay with MySpace for mature people and amusing ... things. There's a couple of people on my news feed that I generally look forward to updating, 'cause I know I'll get a laugh. But I still can't remember specifically why I joined in the first place...

Alive-Cat
10-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I joined facebook because of EoFF!

EDIT: Okay, I didn't really. I joined because all my friends stopped using myspace.

Psychotic
10-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I joined 'cause Facebook is a great site full of fun, games, and friends! I love Facebook. :)

Rep this post if you want me to add you!

Peegee
10-05-2010, 03:37 PM
I threatened to keep emailing cz's msn account with fb invites, so he has a fb account set to super duper private. everybody should do that. then fb will know 100% of emails.

Loony BoB
10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I honestly don't remember what my original intention was when joining facebook.

Rantz
10-05-2010, 05:16 PM
I mostly just joined to see what everybody was talking about and why they were spending so much time there.

Madonna
10-05-2010, 05:25 PM
I joined specifically to see why Rantzien had to find out what everyone was talking about and how he could spend so much time there.

rubah
10-05-2010, 05:55 PM
I might've joined last.fm because of eoff?

Freya
10-05-2010, 07:15 PM
I moved over from mysapce. I didn't use it at first. I think it was like 06 or 07 when I joined cause you had to have a school network I think to join. At the time I was like, "wtf no one is here" but eventually everyone went there. No eoff involved even though I have quite a few on my fb.

Breine
10-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I used to use MySpace way back when it was still hip. Then I realized Facebook was around, and so I switched. In other words, EoFF had nothing to do with me joining Facebook. Whatsoever.

Iceglow
10-06-2010, 05:24 PM
I joined because of college buddies now I have so many people on my friends list it's hard at times to remember where I know them from. The main core group however I use it to keep in contact with are not from eoff so it's not so bad :)

Alive-Cat
10-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Maybe the real purpose behind this thread is to reveal that FACEBOOK IS ACTUALLY EOFF IN DISGUISE AND IS PULLING YOU IN UNTIL YOU ARE COMPLETELY SUBMERGED!?!?1?

~*~Celes~*~
10-06-2010, 06:39 PM
I joined 'cause Facebook is a great site full of fun, games, and friends! I love Facebook. :)

DON'T LET HIM FOOL YOU THE CAKE IS A LIE AND IT'S A TRAP >:[

I got facebook because a friend begged me to that was graduating while I was still in high school. I wanted to keep in touch. But i forgot about it and just left it, until eoff started talking about it. Then I went back and have stayed. So i guess kind of in a way eoff had something to do with it :D

escobert
10-06-2010, 06:49 PM
The only things i joined because of EoFF were LJ and last.fm. and last.fm was more of liz making me join it then for eoffers.

Rodarian
10-06-2010, 06:56 PM
I joined the FB bandwagon years ago when it seemed all my friends were jumping ship from Myspace.

There are exactly two EoFFers on my Facebook. And I never really talk to either one of them ever anyway. :(

Awww Bastian you know you can add me on fb right :)

facebook.com/murtaza.bukhari

I joined Fb so I can be popular... :cool:

escobert
10-06-2010, 07:27 PM

wanting to be popular makes you unpopular ;)

Rodarian
10-06-2010, 09:11 PM

wanting to be popular makes you unpopular ;)

:G

fire_of_avalon
10-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Same as Miriel, but I think I might've joined in early 2005? Is there a way to look that up? Anyway this was back when only college students could use it. I don't remember how I got on there, though. A roommate or suitemate or something.

Parker
10-07-2010, 02:06 PM
My joining facebook had nothing to do with Eoff and everything to do my friends uploading drunken pics of themselves in short skirts at clubz.....i don't have any eoff friends because i don't know any of your names :D (and i wouldnt add you anyway nur :P!)

my only eoff-related social networking experience was last.fm and i listened to a bunch of FF and Cowboy Bebop OST music and i recognised some usernames from here in the suggested friends or whatever section

Chloe.
10-07-2010, 08:23 PM
I joined Facebook a few years ago because Bebo became boring and everyone started using FB, haha. :p

black orb
10-09-2010, 12:07 AM
>>> A Facebook? no thanks, sincerely I dont like the idea of being tagged by the CIA..:luca:

Laddy
10-11-2010, 04:38 AM
I joined Facebook in the hopes of finding flings and connecting with friends. Not to say I don't love cyberstalking EoFFers. :jess:

Jiro
10-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Networking.

Christmas
04-20-2022, 12:25 PM

I logged in to the web version just so I can see the amount of rep! Not bad! At least one person here wish to be added by you! :bigsmile:

I remembered I talked to someone in usernotes about FB some years ago. Looking forward to Meta! The Matrix that we deserve! :bigsmile: