PDA

View Full Version : AFTER EIGHT MINTS; The Silent Killer!?

Alive-Cat
10-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Finally, we have the long awaited thread on After Eights. It's finally here!
Just for anyone who is not familiar with them; After Eight Thin Mints (After Eights) are mints wrapped in dark chocolate, although Wikipedia informs me a milk chocolate version became available in 2006. They are intended to be eaten after eight of the clock. That's 20:00 for all you hi-tech twenty four hour clock people.
I put to you these questions;
Have you ever eaten an After Eight before eight?
If so, why?
What do you think the consequences of this could be?
Do you think there even are any?
ARE YOU WILLING TO TAKE THIS RISK?
What is the maximum number of After Eights you have eaten?
And finally, the poll attached. For all your polling pleasure.

Subtopic: chocolate, how much do you like it? Why do so many people like chocolate? Why do some people get addicted to chocolate and become obese and maybe die? Why don't I really like chocolate? What is your favourite memory of chocolate in general? Discuss. :)

Mr Twisticles
10-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Well, my fellow After Eighter, I shall divulge to you my answers to your questions.

I have eaten an After Eight before eight, I did this because I wanted to see the dangers it could hold. Such as the world imploding, or time reversing.
Sadly, all that happened was a bad case of indegestion.
The consequences of eating After Eights before eight are as above, sad disappointment and indegestion.
I have taken the risk and the maximum number of After Eights I have consumed in my life time come to a total of 6282 and a quarter.

When I was drunk once, I ate the wrapper. Minty, but a choking hazard.

Breine
10-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Well yes, I have often eaten After Eight before eight 'cause - you know - I'm living on the edge and all :holmes:

Also, I love chocolate to death, and After Eight mints are really nice. Haven't had them for quite a while, though.

Rodarian
10-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I've eaten an entire large box of after eights...... And I paid for it with ache in the stomach and the other kind of chocolate.....At least the smell was minty....

Levian
10-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Not a big fan of mint flavored things unless it's on a toothbrush. I remember some old guy gave me after eight once and I put it in my bag and it got smashed and smeared out all over the bag. I don't have any good memories attached to this chocolate. :colbert:

Vyk
10-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Sounds similar to Andes chocolate covered minty things

Rantz
10-05-2010, 11:24 PM
After eights are delicious, and I only eat them before eight :love:

Mr Twisticles
10-06-2010, 12:02 AM
After eights are delicious, and I only eat them before eight :love:

You rebel!
I agreet though. But don't tell anyone ;)

Alive-Cat
10-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Oh, those After Eights. How we love them. I myself have only had a couple in my lifetime. Why did I make this thread then, you ask? Because I know you all love them and I wanted to make you happy. :love:
I'm waiting for Psychotic to post in this thread because I know After Eights are his favourite thing other than bodyboarding and playing chess in the park. He'll FREAK.

Sub-subtopic: post a picture of yourself with a massive mountain of chocolate, preferably After Eights but any chocolate will do. Mine will be posted here in a few days when I'm no longer ill.

kotora
10-06-2010, 12:36 PM
I always thought of the chocolates as something British people eat with their cup o' tea at five.

Alive-Cat
10-06-2010, 12:39 PM
I hate my cup o' tea at five. I hate that we are forced to do it, every single day. Isn't there any freedom left in the world? :(

Mr Twisticles
10-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm so British, it hurts.
Cup of tea every hour for me. None of that earl grey crap. :)
Minty chocolate is odd with tea :)

Alive-Cat
10-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Sometimes I drink tea even more than every hour. It just happens. Once I drank so much tea that if I didn't drink tea for another year there would still be tea in my system. But you know what I did then? Drank some tea. :cool:
I have to say, coffee/tea makes chocolate a little more bearable for me.

Chris
10-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I don't eat anything than can be considered to be "candy", so no. But if my memory serves me right, After Eight, is just another dark chocolate piece with mint filling. :redface:

Mr Twisticles
10-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Sometimes I drink tea even more than every hour. It just happens. Once I drank so much tea that if I didn't drink tea for another year there would still be tea in my system. But you know what I did then? Drank some tea. :cool:
I have to say, coffee/tea makes chocolate a little more bearable for me.

Oh. My. God.
You too? :') Tea is like, the best thing ever.
Except After Eights.
Yes it is.

Alive-Cat
10-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Many believe tea to be the life blood of this planet! That includes me. :greenie:

Mr Twisticles
10-06-2010, 08:27 PM
It is definitely the life blood of our systems.
FF7's life stream was green tea.

escobert
10-07-2010, 04:22 AM
I refuse to answer your questions!

Shorty
10-07-2010, 05:20 AM
The only After Eight chocolates I know of are the dark chocolate ones, which I absolutely detest (dark chocolate is gross). I'd love to try the milk chocolate kind. I looove mint and milk chocolate.

Jessweeee♪
10-07-2010, 07:21 PM
I have never heard of these :confused:

Chloe.
10-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Ew, After Eights are horrible. I'm a chocolate lover but not a fan of dark chocolate and I don't really like mint with it :/

Mr Twisticles
10-07-2010, 08:31 PM
This is a sad state of affairs...
You're off my christmas present list!