PDA

View Full Version : Professor Layton!

Jessweeee♪
10-05-2010, 10:57 PM
I finally started playing the series the other day. I've always been sure that I'd like them, but for some reason I never bothered to put it on my "things to play someday" list.

Right now I'm a few chapters into The Curious Village, and I'm liking it even more than I thought. Much to my surprise I've only run into two riddles so far that I thought were "unfair." One of them being the "hole in a sheet of paper with a line" puzzle, and the other being the chocolate with a secret message puzzle (apparently some important details were lost during the translation).

Anyway, thoughts on the series?!

JKTrix
10-05-2010, 11:06 PM
How do you feel about matchsticks?

(I own all 3, and have a conspiracy theory that we don't have 'Hotel Dusk 2' in the US right now because Layton 3 just came out and that would be silly to release them so close to each other.)

Madonna
10-05-2010, 11:22 PM
I hate matchsticks; those were the hardest puzzles.

The puzzles, the art, the music, and story for all three are enjoyable. My only gripe was how easily skipping a puzzle or two can be; the harder-to-find puzzles often reward the player with parts pertinent to the mini-games. At least those lost puzzles find a home...

Levian
10-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Any Professor Layton game is a great addition to my "games I can trick non-gamers into playing" list.

I really suck at the sliding puzzles. I just drag things around until I accidentally solve it.