PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda The Mystical Seeds of Power, Wisdom, and Courage

Depression Moon
10-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Those three titles are the names of canceled entries in the Zelda series.
In Japan they were referred to as The Mysterious Acorn: The Chapter of Wisdom, The Chapter of Power, and the Chapter of Courage. The concepts of Wisdom and Power were adapted into Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages for the GBC.

The games were said to interact with a password system between the three games. What this would have been has not been revealed nor has the concept of the three games.

When I learned of this. I immediately thought to myself that they could have possibly been games centering on just Ganon, Zelda, and Link. Meaning three games with a different protagonist that told the personal tale of each one and the three tales could possibly have some correlation to each other.

I had started my own concepts for what these games could have been or what they could be in the future.

The Mystical Seed of Power
Features Ganon as the main character. The story of the game would infer how Ganon started as the first male born from the Gerudos in the 100 year time span regarded as special and innocent by the Gerudo women and how he eventually became twisted and evil.
The gameplay would be more action based compared to the rest of the games. The game's story would end when Ganon is carrying out the major step in his plan which is murdering the Hyrulian royal bloodline.

The Seed of Wisdom
Features Zelda as the protagonist respectively. Her story could reflect her life as a member of the royal family in which her father emphasizes to her that as the princess of Hyrule it is her duty to protect their family bloodline and her kingdom.

Zelda is known to be a magician the gameplay would be a mix of action and puzzles. I haven't decided if I wanted to include Sheik, but if I did then it would also have elements of stealth as well. If Sheik is in it, then it would definitely have an effect on the storyline. After her father is murdered. Ganon makes the attempt of killing off the royal family completely which includes Zelda. With Impa's help she escapes and goes into hiding as Sheik. The game will alternate from time to time where she is sheik and Zelda. The game's story could end where Zelda (as Sheik) believes she is finally putting an end to Ganon's reign of terror in her land, but she is caught by Ganon who has found out that Sheik is the person who has been constantly sabotaging his strongholds whatever they are and ultimately discovers Sheik's true identity.

The Seed of Courage
will of course feature Link as the protagonist. This game's story will by the numbers reflect a lot of Link's past storylines. I'm not entirely sure what the whole tale of his story would be, but it would center around, fear, friendship, and with. I think Link's game would be the longest of them all.
It would of course play like a standard Zelda game which I dub its genre as Action-Adventure/RPG. Some things I would like to change though is the use of shops. In all the Zelda games I've played shops weren't really that useful. You may need one to buy something specific to advance through the game like the deku shield in OoT, but mostly everything you need in the game you can get for free. I would make it so that you can't get as much for free in the game so that shops can be more important and you can plan on how you want to spend your money.

In Link's game it will finish the story of the 3 characters. Both Ganon and Zelda will show up in his game. He also makes an appearance in Seed of Wisdom, but not Seed of Power since it basically takes place before the two others. The overarching subjects of the three stories will involve politics, religion, and destiny.

Your thoughts?

KentaRawr!
10-08-2010, 05:33 PM
If they interact through a password system, couldn't it be Oracle of Ages + Seasons - Wisdom? :0

Depression Moon
10-08-2010, 05:43 PM
I might've not have explained it well in my post, but this link should clear things up.
The Legend of Zelda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda#Cancelled_games)
Basically Seed of Power and Wisdom became Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages while Seed of Courage hit the dust entirely.

I think the focus of three separate games for the three primary characters of the series could make for the 3 fantastic games and would be a good way to build up hype and delve deeper into the Zelda universe.

NorthernChaosGod
10-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I like the idea in theory, but I'm not sure how well LoZ games not featuring Link as the protagonist would be received. It's certainly an interesting idea.

Vyk
10-09-2010, 03:39 AM
Mario games with Bowser playable have always been well received. Though they're few and far between

Roogle
10-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Personally, I have been looking forward to a segment of a Legend of Zelda game where Zelda or another protagonist is playable.

I enjoy games that do not focus on the perspective of a single person. I think one of the reasons that I have played less Zelda games is that I grow unhappy with a single formula being used constantly in a franchise. I am of the opinion that it works very well, and I am glad to see consistency, but it helped me realize that that series isn't something that I want to focus on right now.

Polnareff
10-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Depression Moon, the passwords were used for the original three games so that the games could all link together to form one story. This was actually revealed long ago. However the sequence of which game was the start and which game was the end was considered a bit too complicated (it would suck to buy one expecting it to be the beginning, but instead it's the last one), so it was scrapped and Capcom (Flagship) ended up making only two games instead. The remaining games had different results with interaction, but still had password systems and I believe something to do with the link cable. The passwords changed the resulting games and made them play like different versions of the same game.

You are right however in saying that the concept of the original three games was unknown. Originally I'd read somewhere that once the one game was eliminated, that they actually re-did the other two since they weren't too far along in development (this is a rumor however).

As for me, I'd love to play a Zelda game that had Sheik as the protagonist. Link's been the protagonist in every game up to this point. Hell, even some Mario games have different characters as protagonists!

Depression Moon
10-15-2010, 09:56 PM
I like the idea in theory, but I'm not sure how well LoZ games not featuring Link as the protagonist would be received. It's certainly an interesting idea.

YouTube - let's play Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland Part 1: Now calling this game FP:TRR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9K8GBLNU4Q)

Also I thank you Astronite for informing me on the usage of the passwords. I really want to see Nintendo do something different. Actually looking back at my post if Sheik is in the game, it might resemble more of Link's game. I'm finding it difficult to imagine a game that would be half magic puzzle based and half stealth with Sheik. The two styles would probably end up integrating in the end becoming a puzzle/stealth/action game.