PDA

View Full Version : The Most Horrifying Moment in the History of Television

Shlup
10-09-2010, 12:01 AM
On yesterday's Grey's Anatomy, they were operating on a tree person, which is already horrifying, but then a huge fucking spider crawled out and I diiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddd.

I am going to have nightmares for a month.

Discuss.

Also, comment on the entry I made about it on my blog (http://thegrownupsarelying.blogspot.com/2010/10/most-horrifying-moment-in-history-of.html) because I just really need some comfort. ;_;

Bunny
10-09-2010, 12:55 AM
You watch Grey's Anatomy?

Why?

Shlup
10-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Because it's pretty much the best show on TV. Duh.

Clo
10-09-2010, 01:11 AM
I also believe that spiders need to stop existing within a fifty mile radius to me.

Raistlin
10-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Because it's pretty much the best show on TV. Duh.

Your definition of "best" when it comes to TV tends to be the opposite of sane people's.

Shiny
10-09-2010, 04:08 AM
I'm pretty sure the worse thing to happen to t.v. that was riddled with horrifying moments was Paris Hilton's BFF, or whatever it's called.

Miriel
10-09-2010, 05:04 AM
Rosie O'Donnell's Nip/Tuck sex scene.
Kate Gosselin showing her post-pregnancy belly.
McDonald's commercial for their Big Mac tortilla wrap monstrosity that literally made me want to barf.
A character on Mad Men shoving his aging and use-to-be beloved dog out the door in the middle of downtown New York. ;_;
Lorena & Bill's absolutely disgusting sex scene in True Blood. Head twisting? Seriously?

Momiji
10-09-2010, 05:07 AM
Anything involving Tiffany Pollard.

*shudder*

Shlup
10-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Those were some solid tries, Miriel, but none of those beat giant spider crawling out of fleshy limb bark.

Rye
10-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Rosie O'Donnell's Nip/Tuck sex scene.
Kate Gosselin showing her post-pregnancy belly.
McDonald's commercial for their Big Mac tortilla wrap monstrosity that literally made me want to barf.
A character on Mad Men shoving his aging and use-to-be beloved dog out the door in the middle of downtown New York. ;_;
Lorena & Bill's absolutely disgusting sex scene in True Blood. Head twisting? Seriously?

:lol:

Thinking about it, most of them are out of Nip/Tuck...

My Mom didn't believe about the tree people until I convinced her.

Me: Mom, would you love me if I was a tree person?
Her: Yes, but I wouldn't hug you.
Me: Would you shake my tree hand?
Her: ... yes. Because you'd be my tree girl.
Me: Your little sapling daughter?
Her: My warty princess. :)

Shlup
10-09-2010, 10:21 PM
:barf:

She knows that means you would've caught HPV, right? You hussy.

NeoCracker
10-10-2010, 02:14 AM
Clearly you never saw the Video of HHH dressed up as Kane having sex with a dead chick....

Shlup
10-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Was it on television?

Vermachtnis
10-10-2010, 02:19 AM
There was this one episode of House where this guys balls swelled up and exploded. There were a couple of scenes in that episode, but that one takes the cake. Me and my friend and his dad all cringed.

Raistlin
10-10-2010, 04:08 AM
There was this one episode of House where this guys balls swelled up and exploded. There were a couple of scenes in that episode, but that one takes the cake. Me and my friend and his dad all cringed.

You don't see it, though. The part where his eye bulged up was the worst part actually shown, and that was pretty horrifying.

Vermachtnis
10-10-2010, 04:41 PM
You don't see it, though. The part where his eye bulged up was the worst part actually shown, and that was pretty horrifying.

You know that entire episode could probably count, there was that and his tongue and the end where House cut the guy open.

Fynn
10-10-2010, 07:20 PM
End of Evangelion, anyone?

Shlup
10-10-2010, 10:35 PM
That wasn't horrifying, that was cool. It certainly didn't make me scream and give me nightmares.

NeoCracker
10-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Was it on television?

Yes, yes it was.

I Took the Red Pill
10-11-2010, 04:17 AM
there was one episode of house where a dude tried to circumcise himself with a box cutter and came into the office with blood soaked khakis. i think that might be around the time I stopped watching house.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
10-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Dexter: Rita. Bathtub. Harrison. Blood :(
Lost: Invested 6 years to a show that basically said...they all died in "The End"
Greys: They cut half of someones face off to get to a tumor!
Supernatural: Valentines Episode..A couple ate each other...Literally!
30 Rock: This is more hilarious than horrifying but...Pete having sex with his wife...while shes sleeping....and they show it lol!

kotora
10-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Watching those few minutes of Grays Anatomy was pretty horrifying in itself. The corny predictable drama scarred me for life :(

Shlup
10-11-2010, 11:03 AM
there was one episode of house where a dude tried to circumcise himself with a box cutter and came into the office with blood soaked khakis. i think that might be around the time I stopped watching house.
Last week a dude on Private Practice was denied a sex change, so she cut off the whole thing.

Watching those few minutes of Grays Anatomy was pretty horrifying in itself. The corny predictable drama scarred me for life :(

It is not corny and predictable! I hate yooooouuuu!

Elly
10-12-2010, 01:25 PM
when i first saw the thread title i instantly thaught, what when fox started showing sports therefore pre-empting all good shows and destroying the last refuge on television where you could actualy watch TV Shows on football/baseball night, or was it when Mtv started th Real World, thus ushering in a generation of "Reality" television, both are more horrifying than anything on Grays...

Shorty
10-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Any setting that has ever been shown on Hoarders. It makes my skin crawl.

Raistlin
10-12-2010, 04:38 PM

Oh god, yes. You don't see it, but House's comments still made me cringe. "I'll go get a plastic surgeon... put the twinkie back in the wrapper."

Shiny
10-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Definitely horrifying and grossly unnecessary.

Peegee
10-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Why isn't japan winning this contest?

Breine
10-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I found a clip with a tree man from Indonesia, and showed it to my roommate. We're both at a loss for words. I mean... how... why...I..