PDA

View Full Version : Need to mail this letter....

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-09-2010, 12:39 PM
I live in the United States and I want to send a letter to someone in Canada.

What's the postage supposed to be? Is there a special stamp for out of country mail, or do I just double up on regular stamps? I have 44 cent stamps, if that helps.

To give this a topic:

Talk about a time when you needed help and you came to the wise people at EoFF as opposed to doing a google search.

Rye
10-09-2010, 01:46 PM
The best thing to do is go to the post office to have it weighed, but if you don't want to do that, generally using two US stamps is proper. If you decide not to bring it to the post office, make sure you put your return address on the top left corner, so that if you don't have enough postage, it'll at least be returned to you.

rubah
10-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Canada and Mexico actually have a special postage rate compared to the rest of the world!

this might help you (http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm?from=home_header&page=calculatepostage)

I like to ask people for information I could easily google because I like to get a personal perspective on things. That's why I like sites like UD so much xD

Raistlin
10-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Your best bet is just to go to the post office and tell a clerk you want to mail that to Canada, and they'll handle everything.

The most important thing to know if you're mailing a package (a simple letter may not be as big of a deal) is do NOT choose the cheapest option. I made that mistake once without even thinking about it, and that package was never heard from again. I heard rumors that the cheapest option involves throwing the mail on the back of a hay wagon and hoping it gets there eventually, but I have no proof.

Rye
10-09-2010, 06:33 PM
:lol:

The best option is just to do standard first class unless you have to get it somewhere by a specific time. Often, standard first class and more expensive options arrive at around the same time anyway. For me, mailing to Canada doesn't take too long. Customers have received items that I've shipped to them in about a week.

fire_of_avalon
10-09-2010, 09:23 PM
This is what you need to do to mail your letter out of the country.

1) Put your letter in an envelope.
2) Put that envelope in another envelope.
3) Secure that envelope with tape.
4) Write the necessary postage information on the envelope.
5) Highlight the information in NO LESS than 3 colors.
6) Stand beside your mailbox around the time you letter carrier usually arrives to drop of your mail.
7) When your letter carrier arrives, advise him that the moose brays a soliloquy. Wait for his or her response.
8) If your letter carrier responds with ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES "It is a haunting reminder of our yesteryear," you should immediately run back inside your house and lock the door. Your letter carrier is a pod person.
9) If your letter carrier answers appropriately, hand over your letter and a $20 bill. It may also behoove you to prepare a snack for your letter carrier.
10) Wait for a response!

Vyk
10-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Ew pod people

They smell funny