PDA

View Full Version : Wendy's Chilli

Rye
10-09-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm not hugely a fan of fast food, but I really love Wendy's Chilli. When I have my huge gap between classes on my Wednesdays, I like getting a Wendy's small chilli for lunch. =O

YUM.

Though the best chilli I've ever had was probably this curry rice chilli I had at work. Nommmm.

Do you like chilli?

G13
10-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Chili is fucking amazing! Never thought of trying Wendy's chili though. I'll have to get on that.

Chilidogs are bomb. That may be my roots to Sonic the Hedgehog showing, but damn it all I don't care. :monster:

Agent Proto
10-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Wendy's chili is amazing. I usually get that instead of fries when I go to Wendy's.

Bunny
10-10-2010, 12:00 AM
I prefer chicken chili to beef.

NorthernChaosGod
10-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Rye... should you eat chili?

Rye
10-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Note to self: Don't work out after eating Wendy's chilli. ;___;

NorthernChaosGod
10-10-2010, 12:26 AM
:onoes:

Anyway, I love chili. Last time my mom made chili in a crock pot or whatever I ate that stuff for about a week and it was :bigsmile:.

Shlup
10-10-2010, 12:40 AM
I've eaten at Wendy's like three times in my entire life. The first two times I got the chili, and the third time I regretted not getting the chili.

I like chili with a lot of sour cream.

Although the best chili in the whole wold is made by... [suspense] ...ME! I make amazing and healthy turkey chili. In fact, I am feeling inspired and should totally make some this week.

Rye
10-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Mmmm, turkey chili sounds good.

I think chili is actually best with lentils though, no meats.

Bunny
10-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Teach me how to make your chili, Shlup!

NorthernChaosGod
10-10-2010, 01:39 AM
I've eaten at Wendy's like three times in my entire life. The first two times I got the chili, and the third time I regretted not getting the chili.

I like chili with a lot of sour cream.

Although the best chili in the whole wold is made by... [suspense] ...ME! I make amazing and healthy turkey chili. In fact, I am feeling inspired and should totally make some this week.

I want some chili now. :(

Crop
10-10-2010, 01:46 AM
http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/09/21/tse-riff-theater-wendys-training-videos/

Vyk
10-10-2010, 02:09 AM
I usually enjoyed Wendy's chili. Back when I ate there. That was back before they cared how long we were out for lunch. Its too far away now that they care. Burger King used to have better chili. Bigger, thicker, and cheesier. Sour cream sounds like a great addition though

fire_of_avalon
10-10-2010, 02:23 AM
I have actually never had Wendy's chili, but I like Wendy's. Their burgers aren't terrible and they have a lot of weird stuff on the menu so I can get different things. Also some of them use sea salt on their fries now.

I make a really good white chicken chili. It would make you all go yum.

Vermachtnis
10-10-2010, 02:26 AM
I love chili. My dad made a huge pot of it and we ate for a week. It was awesome.

Raistlin
10-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Wendy's is pretty decent for fast food. I like their buffalo chicken sammich. I should try their chili at some point.

Miriel
10-10-2010, 04:12 AM
I made a super delicious pot of chili last week. It's not the most traditional chili since I add a lot of tomatoes and tomato paste, but it was freakin' yummy. I worked off of Simply Recipe's Chili Con Carne (http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chili_con_carne/) with a few variations here and there. Like, I use ground beef instead of chuck roast.

Laddy
10-10-2010, 06:20 AM
I like the extra flavor the fingers bring! :bigsmile:

Chris
10-10-2010, 11:57 AM
http://www.dba-oracle.com/images/chili3.jpg

Terrifying. :D

My favorite dish is curry chicken, and with lots of chili. There's nothing better than curry chicken, seriously.

Breine
10-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Oh yes, I luuuurve me some chili! Spicy food is delicious.

Rebellious Eagle
10-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Wendy's chili is delicious, especially with some of that awesome hot sauce they give you. It's the perfect thing to eat on a cold winter's day. :D

Shorty
10-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Oh my god, this thread is absolutely horrifying to me. I worked at Wendy's for a year when I was a teenager. If you saw how they make their chili and if you smelled everything before it all actually went into the big pot, I hope you would change your mind about it.

Aside from that, I love chili. I really enjoy homemade chili when it isn't so tomato-y or acid-y. Hormel chili is pretty good, too.

rubah
10-11-2010, 01:41 AM
I was hoping the toechili reference hadn't been made yet :( ah well~

Depression Moon
10-11-2010, 02:11 AM
I was going to mention the finger thing in the first post, but I thought Rye would've gotten mad at me for being distasteful.

Rye
10-11-2010, 03:23 AM
It's OK. XD It won't deter me from my chili! <3

NeoCracker
10-11-2010, 03:33 AM
Oh my god, this thread is absolutely horrifying to me. I worked at Wendy's for a year when I was a teenager. If you saw how they make their chili and if you smelled everything before it all actually went into the big pot, I hope you would change your mind about it.

Aside from that, I love chili. I really enjoy homemade chili when it isn't so tomato-y or acid-y. Hormel chili is pretty good, too.

Yeah, I worked there too. :(

I don't really like any chilli though.

Peegee
10-11-2010, 12:33 PM

Yeah, I worked there too. :(

I don't really like any chilli though.

Frozen vegetables
tomato base
frozen beans
old hamburger meat that you cannot serve as burger meat for various reasons - overcooked, landed in grease trap, etc. You collect it all, put it in those wendy's tins, and the next day you boil them for hours before it's dropped into the wendy's chili broth.

Enjoy your chili.

kotora
10-11-2010, 12:45 PM
I could eat some homemade chili right now. Too bad we don't have the ingredients atm.

DMKA
10-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Wendy's Chili is WONDERFUL. I get it rather than fries, or get a salad and pour the chili in it. Delicious. Steak & Shake's chili isn't bad either. :D

Nothing beats a good home made chili though.

Shorty
10-12-2010, 02:24 AM
old hamburger meat for various reasons - overcooked, landed in grease trap, etc. You collect it all, put it in those wendy's tins, and the next day you boil them for hours before it's dropped into the wendy's chili broth.

If you had to smell that smurfing nastyass hamburger every day for a year as it's being boiled and wafting throughout the air of the back kitchen, you'd never go near that chili again.

NeoCracker knows what I'm talking about. :(

And the taco salads? Are you kidding me? I'd rather die.

Agent Proto
10-12-2010, 03:53 AM
That is probably true for the Wendy's you worked at Shorty, sadly it's not for every Wendy's establishment.

Rodarian
10-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I love having chilli but of the milder kind...One time I had an entire serving of 5 at my ex's place....The next I paid for it in spades... X_X

Roogle
10-12-2010, 06:23 PM
I was about 9 or 10 years old when I asked my father to stop at Chili's on our way home.

He pulled up to the drive-through window and asked me what I wanted. I wanted a Frosty. I couldn't remember what it was called, but I knew it had something to do with cold. Was it Chilly? I told my dad that I wanted a Chilly.

"Are you sure? You want a Chili?" he asked, unsure of why I was asking for such a thing.

I was excited to get my Frosty, but I was disappointed when all I got was chili.

Peegee
10-12-2010, 06:33 PM
That is probably true for the Wendy's you worked at Shorty, sadly it's not for every Wendy's establishment.

Wait - how do you get your meat?

I'm very curious how tim hortons prepares its beef now - tim hortons is usually next to wendy's as its owners are partners, but it doesn't have a single item on its regular menu related to beef...

DMKA
10-12-2010, 06:34 PM
I was about 9 or 10 years old when I asked my father to stop at Chili's on our way home.

He pulled up to the drive-through window and asked me what I wanted. I wanted a Frosty. I couldn't remember what it was called, but I knew it had something to do with cold. Was it Chilly? I told my dad that I wanted a Chilly.

"Are you sure? You want a Chili?" he asked, unsure of why I was asking for such a thing.

I was excited to get my Frosty, but I was disappointed when all I got was chili.

That's horrible. I would be devistated as a 10 year old if I got a cup of chili when I was expecting a delicious frosty. :(

Roogle
10-12-2010, 06:55 PM
My dad usually got me what I wanted, so I decided to not make a big deal out of it because it was my fault. Such a lesson for a 10 year old! I told him the story later and he thought that it was funny.

Alive-Cat
10-12-2010, 07:28 PM
I once hosted a Chilli Night for myself and friends. We ended up putting beer in the chilli, gravy powder in the chilli, exotic Indian spices in the chilli. A lot of flour ended up going in the chilli, also. Aparently none of this was a bad thing. The chilli did actually taste pretty good in the end, I have to admit.
Somehow sixty five beers ended up being drunk that night, though.

Jessweeee♪
10-13-2010, 07:10 PM
My mom makes the best chilli ever. I also really liked the chilli my elementary school served. They always served it with a cheese stick and cornbread, so all of us would mush it up into the chilli to make a sort of chilli filled cornbread sponge with cheese :3