PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Large open-world Adventure Game

asukaevaunit02
10-11-2010, 03:06 AM
So having finished Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 recently, I was amazed how big their worlds and adventures felt.

So I would like to play a new game, something that has a similar feel of having a huge world to explore. I'm thinking of something similar to how Final Fantasy XII played, huge world to explore for yourself, even the combat system worked well.

Any reccommendations?

Rostum
10-11-2010, 03:26 AM
I heard Enslaved is pretty good. You could have a look at that.

Laddy
10-11-2010, 04:40 AM
Pick up a CRPG.

McLovin'
10-11-2010, 04:47 AM
Huge world? Fallout or Red Dead Redemption sorta fit.

DMKA
10-12-2010, 04:45 PM
If you liked God of War III I'd recommend Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. I'm playing it right now and loving it. :D

Madame Adequate
10-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Morrowind. Or Shadow of the Colossus.

Vyk
10-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Morrowind

Do not get for console

Pheesh
10-12-2010, 07:42 PM
I'd say Red Dead Redemption.

Madame Adequate
10-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Morrowind

Do not get for console

PC version is far superior, but given that it's probably dead cheap now, I'd say a console version can be justified. It isn't bad on the XBox - barring load times which are unrivaled in atrociousness, it's just bad in comparison to the PC version with all its mods and goodness and MGE.

RDR is also great for explorations.

Vermachtnis
10-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Seconding or whatevering Morrowind PC. Also Mount and Blade. It's pretty interesting, they give you a rusted dagger and dumb horse and set you out.

Vyk
10-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Morrowind

Do not get for console

PC version is far superior, but given that it's probably dead cheap now, I'd say a console version can be justified. It isn't bad on the XBox - barring load times which are unrivaled in atrociousness, it's just bad in comparison to the PC version with all its mods and goodness and MGE.

Those atrocious load times are precisely why I tell everyone to steer clear. I don't know how people have the patience. I wouldn't knock the game itself, however. As I've heard a few worthwhile arguments that the story and gameplay elements themselves rival Oblivion. And a lot of people love Oblivion

kotora
10-12-2010, 08:22 PM
STALKER, Morrowind, Gothic (not the new one). If you want an open world, don't get any of the recent Bioware games. Fallout is also pretty good. You can get all of these on Steam.

Laddy
10-13-2010, 03:13 AM
Arcanum os damn huge and it plays like a Steampunk Fallout 1 and 2. Baldur's Gate (for the PC) is good for exploration too, and have some adventure elements.

Jessweeee♪
10-13-2010, 03:47 AM
Grand Theft Auto III is pretty fun. It's not huge, but you've got an entire city to just dick around and do whatever you want in. Personally I prefer to ignore the plot and just blow stuff up.

Madame Adequate
10-13-2010, 04:48 AM
Morrowind

Do not get for console

Those atrocious load times are precisely why I tell everyone to steer clear. I don't know how people have the patience. I wouldn't knock the game itself, however. As I've heard a few worthwhile arguments that the story and gameplay elements themselves rival Oblivion. And a lot of people love Oblivion

I could get into this in depth, but I'll just say that I think they more than 'rival' Oblivion, they beat it into the ground and smash it into a bloody pulp :p

Laddy
10-13-2010, 05:06 AM
Agreed. Morrowind has a good plot, a truly immersive world (think a Prog Rock album cover minus the naked guys), and true freedom, both in exploration and character creation.

And if you get it for PC, you can mod it quite easily.