PDA

View Full Version : It's responding to an item you have

Depression Moon
10-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I played FFIX a couple of days ago because I was bored and deciding that I should finally try getting Zidane and Freya's ultimate weapons along with completing the whole chocobo quest. I was also doing the mognet quest too and my venture lead me to the Black Mage Village. I went to the inn and talked to Black Mage standing next to the genome by the phonograph. He said something first that I couldn't remember and then this strange music started to play and the screen went dark and some strange messages appeared on the screen. It might've been before or afterwards, but the mage said something like "It's responding to an you have".

I went back there today and he just said "It's that song again" and it came back. The song was eerie, but beautiful.

WTH was going on?

Edit: Damn, left out "item" in the thread title.

charliepanayi
10-11-2010, 07:59 PM
I think this is if you have bought Doga's Artifact and Une's Mirror from the auction house in Treno and go to the inn at the Black Mage Village, examining the gramophone causes a piece of music from Final Fantasy III (Pavilion of Doga and Unei) to start playing. Just another one of FFIX's many throwbacks to previous games in the series.

Rantz
10-11-2010, 08:07 PM
That song plays if you have Doga's Artifact and Une's Mirror (from Treno's auction house) in your inventory. The song in question is "Dorga and Unne" from FF3, which plays in the dungeon of the same.

Edit: Beaten to it!

Depression Moon
10-11-2010, 08:09 PM
What was the strange text about that appeared when I examined it the first time?

Rantz
10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I don't remember exactly what it says, but the message about "responding to an item that you have" is just a random explanation about how it plays the items you have. Did you mean another message in particular?

Depression Moon
10-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah the screen had went black and some messages came up before the music played. Aggh, I wish I had recorded it.

Carl the Llama
10-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Will there ever be an age without a war

Dreams and magic have no meaning without a
civilized world...

The ignorant ones always strive for power,
never realizing that what lies beyond is despair...

But maybe they will bring with them hope,
and show us a new way of life...

God bless the visitors from the land of
dreams and magic... and glory to the
soldiers of light who will lead us to
the new world.

Just loaded up my game so this is the exact text ^^ always wondered where I could get the FFIII music to play lol.

Depression Moon
10-28-2010, 09:00 PM
I really appreciate sir. May God bless you.