PDA

View Full Version : Random Acts of Kindness

Shiny
10-12-2010, 04:50 PM
In the past few weeks I've seen some really sweet random acts of kindness that made me go "Awww". What random acts of kindness have you done (if any)?

Loony BoB
10-12-2010, 05:02 PM
I gave Bleys 50,000 gil in FFXIV because he was struggling to afford arrows for his archer. Does that count?

Laddy
10-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I buy people drinks for no reason. :I

Shiny
10-12-2010, 05:11 PM
I buy people drinks for no reason. to get in their pants:I

Madonna
10-12-2010, 05:18 PM
When the MVD announced their system was down for what I needed, I gave up the ticket I had held for half an hour to a kid who just walked in.

<s>I also gave a concert ticket to a girl in line who forgot hers when my buddy was a no-show.</s>

Rantz
10-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Not so much a random act of kindness, but a good deed nonetheless, so it kind of fits: I was out canoeing with my sister this weekend, and when we went for a break at a resting point we saw a lonely dog standing by the edge of the water looking at us curiously, a dachshund to be precise. There was no owner in sight, so after pulling up the canoe we approached it. There were some other boats out on the water, so we thought it might have been left on land as the owner went out, but to be safe we called the number on its collar. Turned out the owner lived on the other side of the lake - about 10 miles away, and he'd been worrying about her. So we waited with her for 15 minutes while he crossed the lake in his row boat to pick her up!

Chris
10-12-2010, 05:32 PM
I bring food to work, and share it with anyone who would like to taste some Filipino delicacies.

I recently made some of these and brought them to work:

http://lutongpinoy.info/images/lutong-pinoy-kutchinta.jpg

Alive-Cat
10-12-2010, 05:38 PM
I don't kill spiders anymore when I see them, I scoop them into a glass and carry them outside. AND I don't step on snails anymore either. I get massive good vibes for the rest of the day. SPREAD THE LOVE.

Shorty
10-12-2010, 06:12 PM
I cannot think of one good deed I've done lately.

escobert
10-12-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't kill spiders anymore when I see them, I scoop them into a glass and carry them outside. AND I don't step on snails anymore either. I get massive good vibes for the rest of the day. SPREAD THE LOVE.

Same here. I don't kill things unless it's a mesquite or something along those lines

Clo
10-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I used to do a lot of good deeds, but then I stopped and now I feel SO MUCH BETTER that the needy people have left me alone. Everyone should try it. :jess:

Miriel
10-12-2010, 06:26 PM
I just donated $100 to buy supplies for African Orphanages. A friend of mine is heading to Africa in two weeks to go get her beautiful baby boy (they've been waiting for this for 2 years!) and along the way she's going to be taking some much needed provisions to the local orphanages. Children's Tylenol, diapers, mosquito nets, etc.

Vyk
10-12-2010, 09:09 PM

Same here. I don't kill things unless it's a mesquite or something along those lines

Ditto. Except I've never squished snails. That's just too easy. Even for a nihilistic 6-year old brat like I used to be. But I also never pulled the wings off flies or fried ants with magnifying lenses

My sister has been unemployed for a while now. But before that she bought herself a car. Well my brother has been using that car because he doesn't like the beater car that was <i>given</i> to him by our mother. Somehow he felt entitled to drive the nicer car of my sister. So I threatened to let the air out of my sister's tires to give him no options. Now he drives his car, and she's glad that he's not wearing her car out with the way he drives. I'm also working on trying to get him to start helping my mom out financially since he lives in her basement rent-free, running up the electricity with his personal fridge and gaming/movie watching habits

I also volunteer counseling to people at this alternative lifestyles website I frequent, and help people deal with issues like abuse and cheating, and guide people to help who've been raped and such. Possibly a little too serious for General Chat, but that's what I do

Bunny
10-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Kindness is for people who aren't already awesome.

Breine
10-12-2010, 10:22 PM
You mean lately? Hmmm, I helped a blind woman find a seat in a bus last week or something. She was nice, and her guide dog was very obedient and well-behaved.

Calliope
05-20-2013, 08:41 PM
An acquaintance of mine recently broke her leg and has been posting a lot of FaceBook statuses about how depressed she is, how she can't do anything, how she wishes someone would cook for her, etc.

Before work today I'm going to drop off some fresh cut pineapple, a wrap with homemade falafel, hummus, tomato and lettuce, a peanut butter sandwich, and some homemade white bean & kale soup.

I'm a bit nervous, because as I said, we're just acquaintances, but when I think about all the times I wished someone would help me out or spend some time with me, it doesn't even seem like it's a choice to be made.

Shiny
05-21-2013, 05:28 AM
Thank you for sharing. :aimkiss:

This thread is three years old now though and I'm sure there's been a lot of random acts of kindness since then (I hope). How's about a new thread?